Lucian General Guide by TheMopFather
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Starting items #1
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome Summoners, thank you for reading my Lucian guide.
Lucian is a very versatile champion, he has great chasing potential and alot of burst. He is great in duels and can take someone down very fast. A good Lucian wont rely that much on a good support.
- Lightslinger is a great passive that allows you to double strike after an ability, but the 2nd shot deals less damage.
- Piercing Light is Lucian's highest damage output ability (excluding his ult of course) that shoots a beam in a straight line, dealing damage to who ever is in the path.
- Ardent Blaze Explodes in a star shape and marks enemies. When Lucian Attacks a marked enemy he gains movement speed. This is why it's Lucian's best chasing ability.
- Relentless Pursuit Lets Lucian dash a short distance and it removes all slows. This is a great chasing and escaping tool.
- The Culling fires bullets in a straight line WHICH ONCE ACTIVATED CANNOT CHANGE DIRECTION. This is a great ult as it scales from attack damage and attack speed.
Why these items?
I like to build Lucian with great AD, Crits & Attack Speed. His Ult scales on attack speed and ad which is very useful.
I buy Doran's Blade first for the HP, AD and the passive, it helps give some sustain. I will then buy Berserker's Greaves most of the time because the attack speed comes in very useful. After that i rush The Bloodthirster for the great AD and Life steal. I will then get Statikk Shiv for the crits, attack speed and the passive. Later on i buy Blade of the Ruined King as it will give me better sustain and great attack speed. The passive is also useful because its extra damage. Then for some armor and health i buy Randuin's Omen which has a great passive and active. Very useful to counter ADC's and helpful in 1v1's. Finally i sell Doran's Blade and build Infinity Edge for the damage and crits. I find the passive very helpful in taking down enemies.
In situations, i will buy:
- Frozen Mallet as the passive helps me chase down targets and it gives me 700 HP, which isnt bad at all!
- Phantom Dancer because the crits are great and so is the attack speed.
- Youmuu's Ghostblade for the great active and it gives me a great boost.
- Hextech Gunblade As it gives me life steal and spell vamp, and extra damage.
Flash: Great for escapes. Can flash over walls. Great escape chances if Relentless Pursuit is available.
Barrier: You can stay in battle longer, or you can escape killing blows like Caitlyn's Ace in the Hole or Draven's Whirling Death
Ignite: Ignite is great to weaken incoming healing like Master Yi's Meditateand also good to finish off escaping champs
Pros / Cons
Pros / Cons
+ Long ranged poke
+ Both his Q & W have an AoE
+ Focuses on AD and Attack Speed
+ Relentless Pursuit Is a great escape and chase tool
+ Great laning phase and late game
+ Great in Duels
- Squishy Start
- Once activated, his ult cannot change direction.
- Not generally tanky
- 3 out of 4 of his abilities are skill shots.
Sona is a great support as she can heal, give movement speed, and stun. Lucian can benefit well from this as he can stay in lane longer, and get more CS.
Blitzcrank can help Lucian out alot by pulling them in with his Rocket Grab and then knocking them in the air with Power Fist which lets Lucian deal alot of damage while they are very vulnerable and cannot do anything. Also Blitzcrank's Static Field has a great passive which deals magic damage randomly to an enemy and once activated damages and silences all enemies within the radius.
Thresh is a very unique tank. He is a ranged tank which lets him and the adc keep their distance. Thresh's Death Sentence is a great ability because thresh can either pull himself towards the enemy he catches and initiate a battle or pull them towards Lucian giving him time to deal damage. In addition Thresh's Flay can be combined with Death Sentence to slow enemy champions down. What make's Lucian and Thresh a great combo, is the amount of vulnerability the enemy champions have when they get targeted by Thresh. For example Thresh can initiate with a champion with Death Sentence then use Flay proceeded by The Box which if done correctly will give Lucian plenty of time to deplete the enemy of their health, especially with The Culling.