Soraka Build Guide by SinTakai
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
This is the build I use for Soraka, allowing me to get kills, stay alive, as well as keep my own team alive. This is more of a AP build on Soraka.
- Very Good Healer/Buffer With
- Helpful Damage/Debuffer With
- Can Silence enemies and restore mana to allies with
- Enemies will focus you only because you are playing Soraka
- Cooldowns are high for amount of supporting needed.
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Quintessence of Cooldown Reduction
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Seal of Mana Regeneration
- Some people preffer to use flat AP runes, but I think these ones are better in the long run, considering they give increased AP gain on each level, and they give more AP than flat ones.
- Gives you the much needed magic penetration to go around that magic resistance that people could have at the start.
- Again, another cooldown reduction for your shiny little spells.
Greater Seal of Replenishment - Gives you the much needed mana regen to keep on casting.
This rune build provides the much needed mana regen and cooldown reduction needed to support yourself or your team.
Starting with will give you a boost of AP at the start, considering you don't have any AP runes this will help you heal and damage more.
Next up comes the which will help you move a lil bit faster. Try not to break any speed limits though.
Now, once you have enough money, turn your into for another boost in your AP and the much needed spell vamp. This will allow you to stay on lane more and not waste precious heals on yourself, saving them for your team mates.
We have enough AP for the moment so time to farm some gold for that that you're going to be making. This will give you the mana you need to never stop casting that along with a nice addition to your Magic Resistance.
Now, since you have all you need to keep on casting. I believe it would be a good moment to upgrade those overused into the marvelous which will let you go light speed (metaphorically) in both terms of spell casting and running.
Upgrading to is your next priority. Not only does it increases your spell vamp and ability power, but you also share a portion of it with your allies. Ain't that wonderful~?
Now that we learned to share, it's time for a bit of math! + + = ! This is a new item that most of the current guides around here overlook. Not only does it upgrade your soon to be useless chalice of harmony to something better but it turns it into a item that can actually make a difference.
As final items I would recommend because heck + = Perma slow, Magic Resist Decrease and a rather nice damage too.
Then go on and make that that you've been waiting so much to build. I mean +140 AP and another +30% AP is the dream of every caster.
And finally: to screw a bit with their heads.
Any spare cash you may have during items you want to build (example: you just bought and you're left with 100 gold) should be used to buy Sight Ward and placed around the map.
This is where I'll be explaining what each of Soraka's skills do. So lets get to it.
consecration - Your passive! This increases your allies magic resistance.
- This is a nifty little spell. Not only does it damage all surrounding units (if enemies internet speed is not good enough and you have a lot of units it may even freeze their screen for a second) but it also reduces their magic resistance by 8/9/10/11/12 per stack, stacking up to 10 times. This means -120 magic resistance at maximum level. 40% of your ability power is transformed into damage for this little spell. Wee~
- This is your healing spell. It heals the target for 70/140/210/280/250 and increases their armor by 25/45/65/85 (This does not increase Magic Resistance, only Armor). 40% of your ability power increases the healing you do with this spell. Nifty eh?
- This is a awesome support/offense spell. It can either restore mana to a ally or deal damage and silence an enemy. 70% of the ability power you have is turned into magic damage against enemies. This spell cannot be self cast anymore so careful~.
- Your ultimate! It heals all living allied champions on the map for a good amount of health. 70% of your ability power is also transformed into healing done by this spell. Don't abuse it now~
- This allows you to move around the map, farming or healing to your heart's desire. It can also be used to run away when there's not enough time to cast recall
- Will reveal parts of the map for you and your team mates. No need to facecheck that bush anymore and endanger a friend's life with this little thingy. It can also be used to check on their jungler and for many other useful purposes. This is a must have for any Soraka and your team will even curse at you if you don't get it.
Soraka should be able to raise gold fairly easy. If your team is not very bright you may have to go middle, being the only one who actually can do that (I've been forced to go mid while using this build several times) if so, the trait should be fairly useful at the start. Consider buying either a ward to protect yourself from that jungler or gank or a HP potion since you won't be able to heal yourself very much during the first three or four levels. Simply stay in range of creeps enough to catch the melee creeps with your and if the situation allows try to catch the ranged ones too with this nifty spell. The damage it deals increases due to the magic resistance reduce it has. Don't try to go for a kill since you're not really up for the job unless someone helps you. At level 6 you'll become a gold machine. Just look around the map and when a enemy champion is about to die cast your . This will give you a assist even if you're not close, and even heal your team mates. Once the tower is down try going to ganks. will be your main 'gank' ability here, silence them, get between the enemies and them to oblivion. With a bit of luck you might even get a kill.
to NeoZ for reminding me that CDR is capped at 40% . I seem to have forgotten that xD
Image is made by me. You've no right to use it without permission.