Ashe Build Guide by Kybo10
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
I thought up an idea of making Ashe support. So far it is pretty successful. Ashe is one of those champs that slow/CC people to their demise.
Hello all! This is my first MOBAFire guide. Some of you are wondering, why support [Ashe]? Well, I usually play support, and i find support fun and entertaining. I support in ranked, sometimes normals, and looking for viable champs to support with. Ashe is one of those that can support. This guide is not fully complete, testing it at the moment.
THIS IS NOT A TROLL BUILD, THIS IS A VIABLE BUILD
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
~ 1/17/12 - Working on videos for the lane phase, mid game and team fights. Introducing 80% challenge.
Thank you all for your patience, and I am proud to present my new guide:
This is another idea I had in my mind. Support Heimerdinger is much different than many supports. Heimerdinger relies on use of regeneration tactics, as well as helping the teams defenses and defending turrets. Heimerdinger also is strong in objectives, such as dragon, baron, or even turrets.
Check it out!
Where Were You?
Sorry I was not able to create guides sooner. I was/still am getting my ranked ELO up. I am now wanting this to be my hobby, and will create more support viable guides, please leave a comment if you want to request some. I will also probably make viable jungler guides such as AD carry and AP carry.
+ Many good slows
+ 3.5 Second stun ult
+ A CV, so you don't need one
+ Cross map ult arrow
- Very squishy early/mid game
- Minimal damage output
- Dead if you get caught
With support Ashe, this is a good hybrid tree, because since we are squishy, we require Resistance , Hardiness , and Veteran's Scars . We also need move speed, thus why i put points into Initiator and Swiftness . That one chase with Frost Shot can slow a guy to his death! I put 1 point in Summoner's Resolve because that extra 10% on heal can save your life. Why is it hybrid you say? This build is made to chase and slow, not to damage or tank. Mastermind talent would be useful, but id rather stick to increase health/resistances/and move speed.
- Greater Mark of Attack Speed: You don't really need armor pen runes because you are not dealing damage. I chose these because you can get your Frost Shot off faster so they constantly get slowed.
- Greater Seal of Armor: Gives the armor you need for early/mid game poke/getting poked.
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: Our magic resist is only 30 for the whole game, need the flat magic resist for early/mid game poke/getting poked
- Greater Quintessence of Health: Again, really squishy, you would have 400 health to start without these :(
Heal: This combined with Summoner's Resolve can SAVE you levels 1-8, and not that useful end game, but this spell gives about 1/3 of your health back in the beginning levels. I use this.
Flash: Almost a must have. This spell can save you, since you don't have any escape skills on Ashe
Ghost: Also viable if you want to use this combined with your move speed to slow someone down fast for your team to catch
Exhaust, Ignite, Teleport, Clairvoyance are all viable if you feel comfortable with them.
The rest, don't use, they are not good, but it is up to you.
- FOCUS:This means your first shot will be a critical shot, and must be used on a champion. I am almost always shooting at the opponents, so this doesn't build up for me during the lane phase. In team fights I am auto attacking and spamming volley, so it doesn't build up much that way, but it is a pretty useful passive if you are damage Ashe.
- FROST SHOT (Q): You must always have this on during team fights, this is what makes Ashe a useful support. During the lane phase, this is useful if you want to slow enemies for jungle ganks, or if you partner is going to kill them. In team fights, always keep this on, and auto attack people at low health, this will keep them from easily running away, and your team can catch them.
- VOLLEY (W): This shot is a nice harass in the lane phase. It applies your frost shot to targets that your arrows hit, giving them a slow, and does some nice damage too, even when you have minimal damage. During team fights this should ALWAYS be spammed, giving a nice AOE slow and some assists.
- HAWKSHOT (E): this is your CV. When it is at level 4/5 you should be able to shoot dragon/baron/enemy buffs from your base turrets. This also reveals what is in the line of your shot. Very useful.
- ENCHANTED CRYSTAL ARROW (R): This is what makes Ashe, Ashe. 3.5 Second stun can initiate a fight and have that person die instantly. This can also be shot cross map to help a teammate that is fighting someone 1 on 1. This can also be used to steal dragon/baron/buffs. It does some splash damage, that will splash onto the buff and stun the enemy, so you might be able to get the buff. This is a great spell if you are good at it, but it takes some practice.
Ability Sequence Order
Since you are not doing a lot of damage, you only get volley to apply frost shot to an AOE radius. Level up Frost Shot and Hawkshot at the same time, because when you level Frost Shot, it increases the slow effect when you shoot your target. Hawkshot when you level, increases your Hawkshot length where you can shoot, and increases the amount of gold per minion/structure kill. Of course, ultimate is first priority.
: This is a standard support starting setup, because it gives you 3 wards in which you need to protect your lane, an item for Philosopher's Stone, and some health pots, which heal you a lot early game.
: Early game build to give you some gold per 10, and your boots. If you want to choose different boots, you can get, Ionian Boots of Lucidity, this will be my first choice besides the Boots of Swiftness, because CDR is really good on Ashe to spam volley more! Berserker's Greaves if you feel you need more attack speed. Mercury's Treads if they have heavy CC. Ninja Tabi if they have someone like Tryndamere or heavy auto attack AD.
: I chose this item, because it gives a lot of attack speed/lifesteal for you, and for your AD carry, which is HUGE for them. You will follow them around the rest of the game. If your AD carry isn't getting fed, and your AP carry is, then you should grab a Will of the Ancients and follow your AP carry around.
: Very cheap, but awesome item. Gives resistances you and your team need to survive, and a little extra AD for your carries. I never skip this item, it is very good.
: Decent item with aura. Gives the health you need to not be squishy and some good CDR which is good for Ashe. This is a situational item slot, so i will give some situational items here. If the other team is heavy magic resist, this can be replaced by Abyssal Scepter for the aura. If the other team is heavy AP, you should conciser Banshee's Veil, or Wit's End for some extra attack speed/damage while getting some nice magic resist. If the other team is heavy AD, i would conciser a Frozen Heart for nice mana/armor/CDR, a Thornmail if they have a tryndamere or fed auto attack AD, you can build a Randuin's Omen out of your heart of gold, nice press to activate aura also, and a Sunfire Cape would be vaible also for some extra damage. This is your call!
: It is time to build out of your Philosopher's Stone. This is a very good active and can save you and your team, or chase the other team. I always get this item, it is very good.
: This is your last item, it gives a lot of resistances and a great passive for team fights. This slot can be replaced by Randuin's Omen if you want to build out of your Heart of Gold, but i like Guardian Angel.
- : These are grabbed late game, or when build is complete IN THIS ORDER.
The lane is the most fun part. Since you are getting gold per 10 items, you don't need farm, so your job is to shoot the enemies with volley/auto attack, ward the river so you don't get ganked. Check out this guide if you want to see where to ward. Support is responsible for wards! Basically, you want your bottom lane partner to get more minion kills than the opponent's bottom lane person/people. Shooting them every chance you get is mandatory so they take damage and back off a bit. This is the lane phase.
Later in the game, you will be responsible for warding baron/dragon and other spots you feel like. You should have either Zeke's Herald or Will of the Ancients, so you are following either the AD/AP carry around, and team fights are happening. Spam volley, auto attack their carries and people trying to run away and slow them. Use your Enchanted Crystal Arrow to initiate the fight, or in the middle when people are running, or to stun their carry. Just follow the person you are supposed to all game and you should be good :)
Also, I am sick of people not knowing what support does, but assists > kills! Your job is to let the carry get the kills and damage your enemies!! Remember this.
Proof of Guide
This is my first games as support Ashe. Won 5/7 in draft mode. Imagine peoples reaction, and when we won/won team fights i would say "Support Ashe is Viable!?" which is the name of this guide :) Please send me photobucket images of your games for me to add!!
Thank you Conquistador0 for submitting your photo!
Support Ashe is viable!! Remember, ward, poke, spam, initiate, ASSISTS > KILLS!
Thank you all for checking out my guide! I hope to do more viable supports in the future.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
5min Ashe Guide
Ashes to Ashe's
AD Ashe - Fire away!
Support Ashe: Carrying Your Team's Ass