Heimerdinger Build Guide by Kybo10
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This is another idea I had in my mind. Support Heimerdinger is much different than many supports. Heimerdinger relies on use of regeneration tactics, as well as helping the teams defenses and defending turrets. Heimerdinger also is strong in objectives, such as dragon, baron, or even turrets.
Please comment/vote! It means a lot. Also tell me who you think I should make next!
Like I said in my previous guide, which is found here THIS IS NOT A TROLL GUIDE this is very much viable if you understand the use of Heimerdinger fully.
Thank you for taking the time to read this guide :)
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
My Other Guides
Please check out my support Ashe guide!
Leave a comment on who I should make next!
Pros / Cons
+ Doesn't need gear to be a good support
+ Turret 40% slow at max ultimate level
+ Great lane control with turrets if lane is being pushed
+ Protects and regenerates turrets well
+ Great stun if you know how to use it
+ Passive allows for great recovery from pokes
- Slow movement speed early game
- Not a lot of damage
- Very squishy, a small less squishy with 0/21/9 masteries
- People will think you are trolling and might troll the game
~ DEFENSE ~
~ TIER 1 ~ 2/3 Resistance 3/3 Hardiness
Out of tier 1, you need a combination of 4 in order to move on, and i chose 3 in Hardiness and 1 in Resistance because since your bot lane, you would be getting damage from the opposing AD carry, and more armor helps. You really dont need anything else in this tier except for more magic resist. There is 2 in Resistance instead of 1, because you will have 1 extra point left over, and it is probably the best one to put it in.
~ TIER 2 ~ 4/4 Durability 3/3 Vigor
These are essential for Heimerdinger in the defensive tree, because 4/4 Durability gives the health you need to not get killed easily, and 3/3 Vigor is good for more lane sustain and has synergy with your passive, and since your a regeneration bot, this will be better for you.
~ TIER 3 ~ 1/1 Veteran's Scars
This is essential for your early game health. Nothing else in this tier is really worth it.
~ TIER 4 ~ 1/1 Siege Commander 3/3 Enlightenment
Since you are the objective king, you should pick up Siege Commander because it helps destroy towers effectively, and that helps your team a ton. 3/3 in Enlightenment is important because early game CDR is important for your lower level turrets, and your stun and ult. You should be CDR capped by the time your build is finished.
~ TIER 5 ~ 3/3 Honor Guard
You really don't have much to spend your other points on, but to become more tanky, you might as well reduce your incoming damage by 1.5% am I right?
~ TIER 6 ~ 1/1 Juggernaut
This is obvious, this also increases your tankyness early game AND late game, which is very effective since you are a squishy champion.
~ UTILITY ~
~ TIER 1 ~ 1/1 Summoner's Insight 3/3 Expanded Mind
Since you picked up Clarity and Flash, this is the best summoner spell mastery to pick. 20% increased mana from Clarity, and reduced CDR for Flash. Expanded Mind helps because you don't really need any of the other tier 1 masteries, and mana would be your best bet.
~ TIER 2 ~ 4/4 Swiftness 1/3 Meditation
The early move speed, and the increased move speed with your boots, will easily take care of your issues on movement. Since you have 1 point left over, and your the regeneration bot, 1/3 Meditation is necessary.
Use this mastery set most of the time, the increase in utility from 0/9/21 would be nice, and you can use it, but you need early tankyness early game or you will be killed from their AD carry in 5-7 shots(I'm serious). But if you think you wont get caught until you start building tanky, go for 0/9/21.
- Greater Quintessence of Gold: Other quintessences would be useful, but since you went 0/21/9, there is no need to be more tanky, but you do need more gold per 10. If you went 0/9/21 I would concider either Greater Quintessence of Armor or Greater Quintessence of Health.
- Greater Mark of Armor: This will give you more of the necessary armor you need to sustain against the enemy AD carry. If you went 0/9/21 I would conciser these marks still.
- Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction: Early game CDR is very important for support Heimerdinger, that is why you should go flat CDR. I would recommend these also for the 0/9/21 mastery set.
- Greater Seal of Gold: Just like the Quintessences, you are tanky already, so the utility of the Gold per 10 would be better for you. In a 0/9/21 mastery set, i would recommend Greater Seal of Armor.
Clarity: Since you are the regeneration bot, you can do a lot with this spell. Since you might be spamming turrets, or rockets, or stuns, you run out of mana fast. This combined with your AD carry spamming his abilities, can increase your lane control because you can use your abilities and mana twice, instead of once. If your lane is doing fine and you see your AP carry mid having mana issues, go and pay him a visit with clarity. He will love you :)
Flash: Heimerdinger needs an escape skill, because he has no natural escape. Use this wisely and get good with it, it can easily save your life.
Exhaust: If you hate looking like a noob with a very useful spell, such as Clarity you can replace it with Exhaust, to use on their AD carry when in a skirmish, or to chase.
I would not recommend Heal because your AD carry should get that. With the buff, its twice as useful for players using the spell, than an aoe heal.
- Techmaturgical Repair Bots: This passive, makes Heimerdinger a great support. Center items and use the passive correctly, and you are a good player. This passive can be used on turrets, so if your AD carry is alright to stay bot lane by himself, you can roam to other lanes and heal up turrets. Levels 1-5 = 10 health regeneration per 5 seconds. This means you can heal for 120 health/minute on structures or players. From 6-10 it is 15 health per 5 seconds. This means you can heal 180 health/minute on structures or players. From levels 11-14, it is 20 health regeneration per 5 seconds. This means you can heal 240 health/minute on structures or players. At level 15-18 it is 25 health regeneration per 5 seconds. This means that you can heal 300 health/minute on structures or players. This is JUST from your passive
- H-28G Evolution Turret (Q): This makes Heimerdinger, Heimerdinger. These turrets increase and rank up when you put points in this. You want to max it for the extra turret, and extra health. The area damage will be needed to defend towers. These are also great to destroy towers, and take dragon/baron.
- Hextech Micro-Rockets (W): These rockets do not do much damage when you are support. I use these much as assist tools, and extra damage. If your team is about to get a kill, launch a rocket, you might get the killing blow, and you are sure to get an assist, with some extra damage to them.
- CH-1 Concussion Grenade CH-1 Concussion Grenade (E): This is a great spell for Heimerdinger, the hard part is, is that it is hard to master effectively. If you land it perfectly, by throwing it DIRECTLY ON the enemy, it will stun them for a couple crucial seconds. The radius on the stun is estimated 100, and the blind radius is an estimated 250. In a team fight, this should be used on an auto attacker, preferably the AD carry.
- UPGRADE!!! (R): This would be nice if the cooldown got reduced. It can be great and helpful if you are catching some people and slowing them, the more this ranks up, the more slow it gives. This is very helpful, but again, hard to master on where to set your turrets. This ultimate also speeds up your CH-1 Concussion Grenade making it more effective and easier to land. You can also shoot 5 Hextech Micro-Rockets instead of 3, which is good for getting all the assists and spreading some nice aoe damage.
I believe that maxing UPGRADE!!! is a must, that extra slow will really come in handy when you have your turrets correctly positioned to slow the enemy, or if you are kiting someone that dives you. You should also use UPGRADE!!! when there is someone that you can stun, and your team can kill them. UPGRADE!!! makes your stun speed increase, so it is easier to hit.
After that I usually max H-28G Evolution Turret, because this is your bread and butter for Heimerdinger. This will increase by making your turrets reduce their resistances. The next rank being able to set 2 turrets down. Rank 4 is an extra 150 health to the turrets. Rank 5 is your turrets do aoe damage. This level 5 will defend you from large creep waves trying to take objectives.
Next I max my CH-1 Concussion Grenade. If you want more mid game damage, and don't believe you land the stun well, you can max Hextech Micro-Rockets instead. Self explanatory here, if you are good at landing the stun, it does more base damage since you have no AP, and the stun duration is increased by a lot.
Next is the Hextech Micro-Rockets. This is the last one you get, use it in team fights combined with your UPGRADE!!! to get guaranteed assists without having to land the stun or rockets on the whole team.
: This is probably the best choice for a support Heimerdinger. This is later built into a Soul Shroud, and this should be grabbed first, because this gives you the extra mana regeneration, as well as decent early game mana regeneration for your lane partner. You do not need early game wards during lane phase, because that is what your turrets will be for. You may choose to get Faerie Charm + sight wardx4 if u HATE not getting wards like some do.
: Since you wont be getting a lot of farm, this is a core item since it gives you health/mana regeneration, as well as gold per 10.
: Since you are very slow early game, I would recommend getting this after your sustain items. This gives you decent speed to escape things you might not have without boots. This will get you through until Boots of Mobility.
: Another item that would make you tanky early game, and give you nice GP10. This turns into Locket of the Iron Solari.
: This is needed after your gold items to provide you will great mobility. Don't be afraid to actually buy some sight wards to use your new boots on :)
- Emblem of Valor: Hopefully you get this during lane phase, if you get fed. This would be good to give you and your partner some sustain, and to build it into a cheap Locket of the Iron Solari.
: You may choose to get a Locket of the Iron Solari here, but since the shield scales of level, I would much rather get the extra 520 health and the CDR aura from the Soul Shroud.
: You may choose to get shurelya's reverie instead of this item for now, but i believe in mid game fights the shield and the extra regeneration would be very helpful.
- Shurelya's Reverie: This is obvious, build our your Philosopher's stone because you dont need it anymore, and shurelya's reverie has great utility that can win team fights, or save many lives.
: This can be any aura item. Examples such as Zeke's Herald, Will of the Ancients, or this item. All situational. If your team needs beef, take Aegis of the Legion, if you guys are owning, and your AD carry is most fed, take Zeke's Herald. Same with the AP carry, take Will of the Ancients. Of course, don't pick Aegis of the Legion if someone has one, and don't pick Will of the Ancients if 2 people already have it.
- / Sight Ward: This is a very cheap build for all the gold per 10 you should have. You should be constantly buying wards, and oracles if needed. I left 1 open spot for wards, such as all supports need. CONSTANTLY BUY THESE PLEASE.
Early game as Heimerdinger. you should start off passive, and put your turret when you first get there in this spot. When you rank up the second turret, place it here, or here. Just sit back, and auto attack their AD carry without getting hurt. This zoning is very effective since you have a base of 52 AD at level 1. Try to poke and harass while your AD carry farms, have the enemy support try to fight your turret for wards, that will put a nice dent in his health. Play passively for now and just harass.
You should have your turrets and know where to put them. Start buying Vision Wards for dragon and taking them. Same for baron. Your passive allows you to heal up turrets, for more information, see the Ability Explanation section, and see how much your passive heals for. Start roaming around and healing turrets about a minute each or so. Make sure your AD carry is okay with you doing this, for if not will result in deaths. Keep working towards your build and take objectives as necessary.
Here you have to focus a lot on objectives and winning team fights. This will be easy because your Heimerdinger! Not really, team fights will go as always. See my team fight section for more on this. You should always be warding dragon and taking it. There is a 6 minute respawn timer, try to type the time. Should alsoo be trying for baron. Always push with your team when they go to get towers. Your turrets do 50% less damage to enemy turrets, but it is still effective. Also, if you are standing there doing nothing while people are farming, you should heal up turrets with your passive too. See the Ability Explanation section for the heal/minute.
Your main goal in team fights is positioning. You should set your turrets almost ON your front line fighters, and move back. Should be throwing your CH-1 Concussion Grenade on the enemy AD carry or auto attacker, to blind them and stun them. If you do have an easy stun when they are chasing you or a carry, don't be afraid to pop UPGRADE!!! and throw the stun, because it reduces the speed it drops. You should pop your Locket of the Iron Solari before the main burst of the enemy carries. Remember, you can pop this during skirmishes, because it has a short cooldown. You should keep your turrets up, Locket of the Iron Solari on cooldown, CH-1 Concussion Grenade on cooldown, and press your Hextech Micro-Rockets when you decide to pop your ultimate so it hits everyone for the assists!
Thank you for checking out my support Heimerdinger guide! I hope you guys enjoyed it, and use it as your advantage. Remember to leave a comment and vote on this guide! It means a lot. Also write down who you think I should make next as a guide.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.