Nasus Build Guide by twisterer
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello this is my first guide on Mobafire. I know it will need editing and revisions. I know I will need to add things in that I forgot. Please bear with me and any additions you think are necessary I will be willing to consider adding.
Passive – Nasus’s passive is called Soul Eater. It gives you lifesteal on every hit that you do. The only usefulness this ability provides is perhaps to allow you to tank Dragon for your jungler if he is low and you are doing it very early in the game. For support Nasus this is his weakest ability but because it is a passive you don’t have to level it.
Q – Nasus’s Q is called Siphoning Strike. It is a stacking ability that gains +3 damage every time you last hit a small minion with it and +6 damage every time you last hit a large minion. Siphoning Strike stacks up indefinitely and acts as a great carry ability; however, for the purpose of this guide Siphoning Strike is not useful to support Nasus.
W – Nasus’s W is called Wither. It is a massive increasing slow meaning that when you use it on a player they get slower as time goes on. Wither is / was Nasus’s best ability. Up until a recent patch it had a 95% attack speed slow in addition to the 95% movement speed slow on it which would render attack speed based champions completely useless throughout the game. Since then the attack speed slow on Wither has been nerfed to half of the movement speed slow. For the purpose of this guide Wither is still the best ability to max first. When used in combination with jungle ganks it almost always guarantees a kill.
E – Nasus’s E is called Spirit Fire. It is a targeted AoE ability that when used does damage initially and then damage over time as the player stands in it. In addition to the damage it also reduces the targets armor by a significant amount. For support Nasus this means that your lane partner who is usually an AD will be able to out-damage the other AD in lane with the extra armor penetration to help. It is also a great team-fight tool especially if your team is heavy AD damage.
R – Nasus’s R is called Fury of the Sands. It is an activated ability that when used causes you to gain bonus health and a passive AoE damage aura that does percent max health damage per second to all nearby enemies. I consider Fury of the Sands to be equal in usefulness if not more useful than his Wither. The reason I say this is that it makes doing objectives such as Dragon and Baron a cakewalk. With Fury of the Sands doing a constant stream of percent damage to Dragon / Baron it allows you to take them extremely early in the game and extremely fast, fast enough to sneak them out from under the other team sometimes. Fury of the Sands also makes you, even as the support, a threat in team fights. If they ignore you as you sit in the middle of their team with Fury of the Sands active they will take massive damage, even their tanks. This allows your team to fight without as much pressure on them.
The best summoner spells to take on support Nasus are Exhaust and Ghost. Ghost gives you that speed boost you desire to catch your enemy with wither for jungle ganks etc. It also allows you to keep up with the enemy team while your ultimate is active for the AoE damage to bring maximum pain. Exhaust is amazing as a support ability because it reduces the enemies damage. You usually want to use Exhaust on the enemy ranged AD carry but there are times you can use it on other characters who might have big burst damage.
Pros / Cons
- Nasus's Wither is great against attack speed based champions such as Jax, Tristana, Varus, Twitch, Vayne, Tryndamere and others.
- He is great to have if your team is mostly AD damage as his Spirit Fire significantly reduces the armor of enemy champions and his ultimate will do major damage if the opposing team has no magic resist.
- His ultimate is amazing for doing fast Dragons and Barons, even early in the game.
- Nasus is a melee champion and so is vulnerable to poke.
- You can't use all of his skills to the fullest as Support Nasus. Your passive and Siphoning Strike are basically ignored.
- If you are behind in the game you can be particularly squishy and killed fast, limiting the usefulness of your ultimate in a team fight.
There are several strategies that I found to work quite well playing Support Nasus.
1. If you let the enemy AD carry push the lane towards your tower it gives your jungler much more time to gank, even through a ward. As your jungler nears the lane use Wither on the enemy AD carry. If the lane is pushed far enough in your direction it almost always guarantees a kill or flash.
2. As soon as you hit level six you can buy a pink ward and the next time the enemy AD carry goes back to base to buy items you can rush down dragon with your lane partner and your jungler utilizing your ultimate. You can force the enemy AD to go back to base with a jungle gank if necessary.
3. Similar to the second strategy this is the early Baron strategy. As long as you and your jungler are able to trade off tanking Baron you can do extremely early Barons with Nasus ultimate. You can do this as early as fifteen minutes on the game clock. First you must buy two pink wards, placing one in the bush near baron and one in front of baron to clear any possible enemy wards. It is so early in the game that most teams will think you have just gone back to buy items, but instead you and your AD carry go to Baron and with help from the middle lane and top lane you do a fifteen minute Baron. This can be done anytime between fifteen minutes and twenty minutes usually.