Twisted Fate Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome to my Twisted Fate Support Guide. You might be wondering, why TF Support?
Twisted Fate has some really good abilities that will make him, with this build a powerfull
support that will carry you team to victory.
[+] Reliable targeted stun with Pick A Card
[+] Infinite mana with Blue Card
[+] AoE Slow
[+] Provides allies 2 gold per kill with is
passive (Awesome for your ADC)
[+] Good harass with one of the highest range
skill shot, Wild Cards
[+] Good burst damage to help secure objectives
if built Support AP
[+] Can catch up teamfights easily, prevent
ganks to all lanes and protects Baron and Dragon
if not warded from being killed by the enemy team
with is Ulti and, if taken, with Clairvoyance.
[-] Squishy early game
[-] Doesn't has Health Sustain
[-] Slow base movement speed (Mastery help)
[-] His stun has a short duration unless leveled
[-] Relatively long Ulti cooldown
Why choosing Twisted Fate Support?
Like i've said it before is Abilities makes him a great support, now lets see and analise them
- Wild Cards - This ability has a very big range and is quite good to harass enemy team in lane.
- Pick A Card - The great ability that makes TF Support viable (in my opinion). Grants him infinite mana, stun and slow with a very small cooldown of 5secs. Is stun is great for ganks, harass with you team-mate and even stopping enemy ganks.
- Stacked Deck - Not the best ability, but still good to harass if you can't hit with Wild Cards. Better against ADC's hard to Skill Shot like Ezreal (still not viable).
- Destiny - Very powerfull ability to catch up Teamfights or enemys trying to escape from your team and reveals all enemy champions. Good synergy with Clairvoyance (because wards are too mainstream).
Greater Mark of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Seal of Gold
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Quintessence of Gold
- Greater Mark of Armor is a good choice for Soraka, since she has more magic resists than others, but she lacks in armor. Sure her Astral Blessing gives armor for a few seconds, but most often you're not using it on yourself. If you prefer harassing get Greater Mark of Desolation runes instead, because most of your harassing happens with auto attacks or Infuse. In teamfights magic penetration isn't as useful as Starcall takes care of that.
- I used to recommend Greater Seal of Vitality runes on Soraka, but the bonus is so small so I changed the runes to what I use on most supports; armor and gold/10 runes. The little bonus armor from Greater Seal of Armor helps with armor marks and the bonus gold from Greater Seal of Gold is always good, but you can skip it to get full armor rune set if you feel like it.
- Glyphs are and always have been Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction for the early game cooldown reduction. I don't recommend getting scaling ones, because late game you get CDR from items anyway and early game you'll need it the most. If you don't have these you can use flat magic resist runes instead, but mainly Soraka's passive takes care of that.
- I used to recommend Greater Quintessence of Cooldown Reduction flat cooldown reduction runes for quintessences, which are still very good to use, but for a support Soraka it's important to get as much coins as possible, which is why I recommend getting Greater Quintessence of Gold for the extra gold income before you get any gold/10 items.