LeBlanc Build Guide by PotatisFarfar
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Now live streaming.
Only the best quality for you <3.
(All credit goes to the great and powerful JhoiJhoi)
Come one, come all! Come and witness the amazing magic of the great and powerful LeBlanc! *Fireworks
Ok, with that out of the way, lets just give some back story shall we?
I recently fell in love with this wonderful po... i mean champion, she have so incredible power on the outcome of the match, and i love power to carry. To bad i see to many idiots playing her wrong, and to you *****es that say she is useless late game... Guess you haven't had the honor to play with the great and powerful PotatisFarfar (yes i am gonna keep referencing that, how about you deal with it!)
Just a fair warning, this little wonderful champion requires some kind of general game sense, and to be fair you can only learn this through experience, so i will not learn it to you!
With no more wait, Let the show begin!
Thanks to Searz for the awesome guide format! You can find it here.
Mouse-over any items or abilities to see their tooltip.
(for any abbreviations you don't understand)
Standard burst caster setup, nothing to comment really... Awkward...
*Tosses smoke bomb and runs away
Main rune set
Other runes worth considering
As you can see these are pretty much cookie cutter caster runes, kinda boring. Maybe you wanna trade it up just a little bit? How about these choices?
Greater Mark of Alacrity
Greater Seal of Vitality Greater Seal of Vitality
Works fairly ok i guess, give you some bulk late game, quite minor but it's not like the ap runes give much either, either you wanna do more damage or take more damage, the choice is yours to make summoner!
Greater Glyph of Potency
No idea how you are having problems early game with LeBlanc, but if you are... Try these runes out.
Greater Quintessence of Fortitude
So you are getting killed? Maybe you should try these noob friendly runes, they will help you for sure.
I don't care what people say, Flash is still ******ed, and you are the great and powerful LeBlanc, so you have 3 blinks if you want... Enjoy
The adder of burst, the stopper of heal, the bringer of first bloods, the pain in the ***. The summoner spell with name. Ignite.
You can be any anywhere whenever you want? What is it not to like about this summoner spell? Well maybe the fact that you have to give up Flash or Ignite. But shh.
With the nerf of Flash, maybe Ghost is viable? I don't know i have to say if i am perfectly honest, but it has always been a nice replacement for Flash i guess. Or get them both and never die? Interesting...
This is the standard skilling order for most situations, the only time i would do anything different is when you know you will not get ganked by the jungler. In these cases, get 1 extra rank in your Distortion instead of rank one Ethereal Chains.
Your kit (abilities) and how to use it
- You only turn invisible when it activates and not invulnerable like Shaco. So you can't do some lucky / skill dodges of skills with it.
- You can block Caitlyn's Ace in the Hole and other long range projectiles with your illusion, use this to your advantage!
- Your illusion procs on hit effects, dunno what that would be but at least it does it! Buy a Frozen Mallet for some funny escapes.
- If you don't have any buffs on you, try to split up you and your illusions escape paths, this will give you around a 50 / 50 chance to survive.
- You don't wanna blow your cover, just because you can cast a spell doesn't mean you should do it, let the enemy believe your illusion is the illusions for as many seconds you can!
Sigil of Silence, your core spell. Leblanc as a hero revolves around this spell and how you use it with other spells. It is the combos you do with this spell that separates the newbstompers from the better newbstompers.
- Always throw this on the enemy before using other spells to take advantage of the silence.
- Don't be afraid to only poke with this spell without following up on it, if you have the mana for it that is
- Suck at last hitting and have blue buff? Throw sigil's at the poor creeps!
- You actually have really good time to wait before you can teleport back, don't be afraid to bait out enemy spells.
- One of the most fun things you can do with Leblanc is to jump over walls. What is even more fun? Enemies flashing / jumping over it themselves. Just remain calm and press that W/R button again.
- When kiting an enemy, make use of both blinks, don't know how many of Xin Zhao ultimates i Successfully dodged with this spell.
- The second damage from the chain will proc Sigil of Silence.
- It is in my opinion one of the hardest skill shots to land, i can't really put my finger on to why i think so, but it is hard. Your best chance to hit this skill is when the enemy is casting, don't see it coming or is chasing you. Oh and if you miss it against CC'd enemies... Shame on you!
- Even if you are low health, throw one of these long range babies to help an ally in need. It could mean a lot.
- Just because you hit your chain, doesn't mean you should follow it up all the time, some times it may be a trap!
LeBlanc probably is one of the only heroes where every single ability is awesome, and add her ultimate to this, and you got a recipe for even more cool stuff. Oh and it is purple, Rarity loves purple!
- Casting Distortion and Mimic will only let you return to the one that was cast most recently, from that position.
- One nice little trick you can do is to blink away with Distortion then return to the same position after the enemy is away from it. Then just Mimic away to safety from that position.
- Do not be afraid to use this to force your enemy out of the lane, even if you don't kill him, the cooldown should be back up for his return
Recommended build sequence:
Ability power, that is what you need, that is what you are gonna get. With her 40% damage boost that works on both base and ability power damage. Your job is nuke, and wow are you gonna nuke!
Some items you will end up with, more likely than not.
Without these babies, you would be a mere street magician, but when you get your bling on, you turn into the show stopper you really are. I most of the time get 2 of these early to give me a little edge over the enemy.
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Wait... two staffs? Not gonna question it, but this item is really nice on LeBlanc. With a slow on your Sigil of Silence for example, you will be able to land every single Ethereal Chains. And not to mention the extra bulk always comes in handy!
So you are you facing of against an AD heavy team? Getting bull rushed by way more than you can handle? Want some more Ap? I wonder where we will find an item for that... Very well moving on!
A lot of people seem to like this item on LeBlanc. Me on the other really don't need the extra active to kill people. But i can see how it could be insane on her. Knock your self out with this goodies. What the hell, it even gives some descent stats.
You go mid. Hell you can even go top but most of the cases, you will go mid.
Start of by helping your jungler out a bit if he decides to start at wolves or big golem. Then move into the lane.
Level one will mostly be boring, last hit with your awesome attack animation, this would not be hard. Make it a habit to move around as much as you can in between last hits. It is allot easier to dodge a skill if you are already moving.
When you hit level 2, the pokes will start. And you will poke them hard. Start up with Sigil of Silence and go into Distortion. After that stay and auto attack the enemy for 2-3 auto attacks then teleport back with Distortion.
Keep last hitting and poking in till level 6. Now the real fun begins.
This is your core wombo combo as LeBlanc:
Toss a Sigil of Silence to mark the opponent. Then Mimic to trigger the mark and mark the target once again. Now finish with Distortion, consuming the last mark.
This combo will be enough to cripple or kill most enemies. But that is not all. If you see you can prolong this combo like this:
Ethereal Chains them in the face, chase and auto attack in till you can Sigil of Silence them again. If you have blue buff, the Q should land around the same time as the second part of Ethereal Chains finishes.
Oh and throw in Ignite if needed.
PS. Smart casting can be beastly if used on LeBlanc.
So what is your role as LeBlanc? The short and easy story for me would be to say: Kill people. But lets not be that lazy?
So your role in a teamfight is to kill people fast! Funny thing with Leblanc is, if given a good enough early game, she will be able to kill anyone, and if not kill cripple any one in a combo. Doesn't matter if he/she is a squishy or not, they will blow up.
What i mostly like to do is sit in the back and wait for the enemy assassin (if there is one) to show up. And as soon as he/she steps out of the shadows, you guessed it. BOOM!
Another thing you can do is to punish out of position squishes, one wrong step and they, you guessed it. BOOM!
Another thing you can do is lurk behind a wall. Then burst down the carry that thought she was safe in the middle of her team. Can you imagine pushing bot lane, the suddenly a LeBlanc pops out and kills you from behind a wall before you even know what the **** is going on? oh and... BOOM!
And you could of course always hang back and kite the 4 people who want your blood for the 10 times you killed them during the early game. Letting your team easy clean up while you jump around like some kind of lady frog.
Leblanc may only have 3 skills, but she can combine them in many different ways. Here have some basic combos.
Basic escape combo:
Tag the target with Sigil of Silence and follow that up with Ethereal Chains. Now when the enemy is slowed and silenced, just Distortion out. if you did this right, the second part of Ethereal Chains should have gone off. This actually gives you a window of opportunity to Sigil of Silence Mimic, maybe for a kill?
Basic chase combo:
This is for when the enemy is out of range for your normal wombo-combo.
Use Distortion to get into range for Ethereal Chains. The slow should be good enough for you to get into range for a Sigil of Silence Mimic combo.
PS use Sigil of Silence before Ethereal Chains if you have the range for it
Another variant of this combo is:
Enemy is close enough for your Ethereal Chains to hit without the use of Distortion. In this case just slow them in till they are in range for your wombo combo.
So those are the only combos i give out for now, have some more that i know of, maybe will release them later, i can't give away all my secrets.
Feel free to share in the comment section if you have any combos i should add.
And that is all for today good folk, i hope you enjoyed the show. The great and powerful LeBlanc will be here the whole year!
But really now, thanks for taking your time reading this quite simple guide for Leblanc. Not much to say more than:
Leblanc is a hard champion to write a guide about. So much of the skill required for her is experience, knowing what to do in every situation. And i am way too lazy to write such a long and dragged out guide.
So instead i hope you enjoyed this little snack of Leblanc information.
But for now, i got a lot more magic to do. Ta da!
Your personal magician: PotatisFarfar
Leblanc - Patience, summoner.
A New Glance at LeBlanc
[S3] Ranked Leblanc, a Deadly way out of ELO Hell
LeBlanc DPS Caster