Teemo Build Guide by LordAdrian
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Thanks to jhoihoi for the sweet banner!
-Guide was created 5/9/12
-Added the Situational Items Section in the "Items" Chapter: 5/16/12
-Added custom banner for guide in Introduction chapter (made by jhoihoi)
-5/26/12: Added a chapter on "Abilities/Skills", and a chapter on Teemo's roles in game. Also, added Infinity Edge as a situational item, and switched out the Ionic Spark for a Frozen Mallet in the item purchases (all item changes mentioned in the "Items - Continued" chapter)
-5/29/12: Properly cited jhoihoi's template, edited the "Pro/Cons" chapter, changed Teemo's passive definition and added italics to all ability definitions in the "Abilities/Skills" chapter, and added line dividers in a couple of chapters.
-5/31/12: Replaced break lines in chapters with jhoihoi's custom line dividers.
-6/29/12: Changed to comment to vote, as troll voting has gotten this guide out of the top ten. :P
Why Play Teemo? (Pros and Cons)
+ Highly benefits from large damage sources.
+ Very Sneaky (Backdoors EXTREMELY well!)
+ Can be used as a ward thanks to his ultimate!
+ Has abilities for escaping and chasing.
+ Farms very easily and well!
+ Is a strong fighter all throughout stages of the game.
+ Mushrooms help finish and slow enemies in times of need.
+ Can shred armor and tanky champions efficiently!
- Very squishy early game.
- Is commonly targeted during team fights.
- Does not have much crowd control
- Very vulnerable to AP and AD carries.
- If Teemo stands still and takes no action for 2 seconds, he becomes stealthed. Moving or taking actions will break Teemo out of stealth and will boost his attack speed by 40% for 3 seconds.
Blinding Dart - Teemo shoots a venom-coated dart at the target enemy, dealing magic damage and blinding them for a few seconds, causing all their autoattacks to miss for its duration.
Move Quick - (Passive): Grants increased movement speed until struck by a champion or turret. This bonus is restored 5 seconds after last being struck by a champion or turret.
(Active): For 3 seconds, Teemo gains double his passive movement speed and will not lose it regardless of whether he is hit or not. The passive is restored after the duration of the active.
Toxic Shot - Teemo deals extra magic damage with his autoattacks. Additionally, his attacks will poison the target, dealing magic damage each second for 4 seconds. This poison will not stack but the duration will be refreshed with every subsequent attack.
Noxious Trap - Teemo places a trap which stealths and arms after 1 second. The traps grant vision around a very small radius while armed. If an enemy steps on the trap, it will detonate, poisoning all nearby enemies. The poison slows enemies and deals damage to them every second. This poison will not stack but the duration will be refreshed with every subsequent detonation. Mushrooms have 100 health and can be destroyed by autoattacks if they are visible, but they are immune to spell damage.
The traps last 10 minutes. Teemo will store one every several seconds, the charge time is affected by cooldown reduction, and Teemo can have a maximum of three traps stocked up. Each cast uses one trap.
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Speed
Greater Seal of Armor - Next, I have Armor seals. These are great for sustainability, especially early game where Teemo may be a bit squishy.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist - As for Glyphs, I use Magic Resist per Level. I think that getting these per level is better because late game is when all of those AP carries start to get REALLY annoying, so these help a lot when it comes to facing mages and other AP casters.
Greater Quintessence of Attack Speed - Finally, for quintessences, I use these. For these, what can I say? This build has a lot of focus on attack speed, so it is only natural that these quintessences are a good choice.
When it comes to masteries, these are pretty generic, but helpful. I get most points (21) into the attack section for good Attack Damage and power, but I put the next 6 into the defense column for some added benefits with survivability. I place the last 3 points in the utility tree column for less time spent dead, something that benefits every champion.
Items - Introduction
Here is how you should begin your Teemo game.
: You gotta start with this. The early game sustain from the +80 Health and the +10 Attack Damage is just perfect. It will help greatly in achieving first blood.
A Break in Items - What Boots Should I Get?
What boots should you build on Teemo? Well, it is important to consider the other team's champion line-up when choosing boots, but here are my recommendations on proper boots for Teemo!
My #1 Choice: - These are the boots that I use on Teemo most of the time. The reason for this is that not only are these boots essential for most AD carries, but also, this build is strong in attack damage, so it is logical to get attack speed boots. After all, they are a noticeably effective touch of early game AD, so if you think you are struggling, get these!
- These boots are wonderful if you are having trouble with annoying AP carries that are doing a lot of damage. make sure who you are dealing against when purchasing these!
- Not a usual choice for Teemo, but can be a viable one. These boots are great if the opposing team has an overabundance of AD carries, and fed ones at that.
All other boots are not good choices on AD Teemo in my opinion, Boots of Mobility are pointless because of Teemo's Move Quick, Teemo has no big cooldowns, so Ionian Boots of Lucidity are not smart to get, etc.
Items - Continued
- Get this item for the excellent early game attack speed. It is also not very pricey, so make sure to pick it up as your first main item.
- This is a perfect mid-game item for Teemo. Get this item for 3 improved attributes that will be very helpful in game, armor, attack speed, AND attack damage. This item is a bit pricey, but very much worth it!
- This is a great item at this time in the game, because around now, Teemo should be pretty squishy. That is a problem. What greater way than to give him 700 health with this guy? Also, Teemo doesn't have much crowd control, so he HIGHLY benefits from the 40% movement slowing ability of this item. Sure, it's a big investment, but if you are getting kills, this should be no sweat. Make sure to pick it up before you start feeding from squishy-ness!
- At this point, you should have great attack speed in your build, and decent attack damage. DECENT. You need more than the amount of attack damage that Madred's Bloodrazor gives you, so buy The Bloodthirster for that reason. Not only this, but you must get this item because of something Teemo needs, Lifesteal! And a great amount of it too, when you get this item.
- Finally, get this item to get Teemo to the attack speed cap 2.500, and give him a great critical strike chance for soloing enemies. A great finale to this epic item build!
And those are the items! If the order of the items may be better or worse depending on your situation, then adjust! It's always okay to switch the order of the items!
- Get this if you are satisfied with your level of attack speed, but you feel that you need more damage output. What better way to end off the build? This great item gives you a high amount of attack damage and critical strike chance. You may swap this item for your Wit's End if you feel your attack speed is sufficient.
A Sidenote/Tip: If in doubt, get a Vampiric Scepter. It will help you farm and stick in fights if you are struggling!
These are the summoner spells that I use:
- I use this summoner because of the early game advantage it could give you. This is a key to getting first blood, and paired with Teemo's Toxic Shot, it is a deadly finisher to an early kill.
- There is really no explanation for Flash, except that it is an additional escape tool, as well as a source of being able to catch up with an opposing enemy.
All other summoner spells are not necessary but are fine on Teemo, just be careful what you choose!
If your looking to play Teemo, give this build a try, it works quite well! I have won a lot of games with this build, and I just want to share it with everyone to enjoy!
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here!
Thank you all so much for reading, and leave comments, I am always up for feedback! But remember, explain why you voted either way!
Thank you all! Adrian