Twisted Fate Build Guide by Waooh1
Not Updated For Current Season
Twisted Fate Build
Not Updated For Current Season
Hello, I'm Waooh1 and this is my first champion guide so it probably won't be long. With this guide I am trying to encourage players to use crit strike Twisted Fate. I have found that crit TF is much more viable than AP TF since you are able to dish out constant damage while still assisting the team with your stun and ult where as with AP you stun, q, then are done for the rest of the team fight (unless you pick off enemies with your ult).
Pros / Cons
- TF's stun allows you to hit many autoattacks with no risk.
- TF can deal constant damage instead of a single W -> Q combo.
- The extra damage dealt helps other lanes via ult gank.
- You can pick the enemy carry out of a team fight easily.
- Crit TF is much more fun to play.
- Crit TF is not countered easily.
- Weak mid-game.
- Dies quickly if focused.
- Your wilds cards (Q) are almost useless.
Runes & Masteries
To start off, Twisted Fate can be used with many sets of runes. I prefer a rune page with AD marks, armor seals, magic resist glyphs, and AD quints. I run with armor AND MR because in mid you really don't know what you are going to go against since there are a variety of AD and AP champions for the lane. As for the AD quints and marks, you could run attack speed or armor pen instead if you want, but i have found that the AD runes help you A) Farm early game and B) Help you push through the tough mid-game.
As far as masteries go, you shouldn't really be using the utility tree because crit TF doesn't have any mana problems or anything since you won't be using your Q much. A simple AD 21/9/0 page works the best.
Ghost is possibly the best spell you can use with Twisted Fate. For one, ghost helps with escaping which you might be doing a lot of since Twisted Fate is quite squishy. But where this spell really shines is with chasing. After a stun, the enemy often gets away with >500 health which can really get annoying after a while. If you use ghost after your stun ends, you can chase and even dive into their tower to secure the kill.
Exhaust is also a great spell to use if you don't want to replace your flash. Exhaust is used for the same exact reasons you would use ghost but it isn't quite as effective.
Ignite is a must-have for your early/mid-game encounters. Ignite will give you the upper hand in any fight and has a great range if you need to finish off someone who is running.
Flash is, as you know, very useful on every champion during all parts of the game. I prefer to replace this with ghost because you can chase for longer, but you may like to be able to flash over walls. This one is completely personal preference.
Teleport is very strong on Twisted fate for his ganks, but i don't use it. The teleport allows you to gank another lane with your ult then teleport right back to your lane so you don't lose cs or a tower.
Tips & Tricks
- Try to stay back in fights. TF is very vulnerable to ganks and easily focused in team fights. remember to play smart and never be the one to tank damage.
- Constantly be last hitting minions. With TF's passive last hitting is VERY important. You can have 400 gold more than your enemy laner while still having the same minions killed.
- Use your pick a card to keep enemies back. When your yellow card is out nobody will dare come near you. Use this to your gain.
- Use pick a card before ulting. You don't want to waste time waiting for cards to spin while fighting.
- Use your ult to split push or save towers often.
THANKS FOR READING