Varus Build Guide by MNight
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
For his incomparable skill with the bow and his unquestioned sense of honor, Varus was chosen to be the warden of a sacred Ionian temple. The temple was built to contain an ancient pit of corruption so vile that Ionian Elders feared it could envelop the island in darkness. Varus prided himself on his position, as only the most exceptional Ionian warriors were selected for the role. He lived with his family in a nearby village and led a quiet life of disciplined routine until the day the forces of Noxus invaded Ionia. Their shock troops left nothing but death and desolation in their wake, and the temple lay in their path. Varus was forced to make a decision. He was bound by honor to stay and defend the temple, but without him the village's few inhabitants could offer little resistance against the oncoming war machine. Gravely, he chose to fulfill his duty as a warden. The corruption could not be allowed to escape.His arrows sundered the troops who tried to wrest the temple from him that day. However, when he returned to his village, he found that it had been reduced to a smoldering graveyard. Remorse at the sight of his slain family gave way to overwhelming regret and then to seething hatred. He swore to slaughter every Noxian invader, but first he needed to become stronger. He turned to that which he had sacrificed everything to protect. The pit of corruption would consume him wholly, as a flame devours a wick, but its abominable power would burn within him until he was lost. This was a path from which there could be no return. With grim resolve, he condemned himself to the black flames, feeling malevolent energy bond to his skin and with it, the promise of ruin. He left, seeking the blood of all Noxians involved with the invasion, a grisly task that eventually led him to the invasion's most infamous perpetrators in the League of Legends.
"The life of an arrow is fleeting, built of nothing but direction and intent."
This is my first ever guide so if something needs to be changed let me know. If a grammar or build correction is necessary i will fix it. In this guide I will be discussing Varus and how to effectively use him as an AD carry. I feel that Varus is best when built around this role.
+ Amazing Range
+ Good Harass
+ Good Crowd Control
- Slow Movement Speed
- Relies On Skillshot
The reason I chose these masteries is to further increase his AD. These are pretty standard mastery choices when it comes to playing AD carry.
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage: The reason that I use this rune is to help Varus out with his early game AD
- Greater Seal of Armor: With a champion that is squishy like Varus you'll need this rune to help you stay in lane longer
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: This is another rune that will help you stay in lane longer
- Greater Quintessence of Scaling Magic Resist: Another AD rune that will help out early game
Heal: This will help you stay in lane longer.
Flash: Since Varus has slow movement I use flash to help flee.
- Living Vengeance: Gives Varus extra attack speed after killing champions.
- Piercing Arrow (Q): It is a skillshot so it does require aim but it does a lot of damage and it has a huge range so you can snipe enemies.
- Blighted Quiver (W): gives you extra basic attack damage and allows you to stack against enemies so you can get extra damage with your other abilities.
- Hail of Arrows (E): Varus's only AoE spell that slows down whoever it hits.
- Chain of Corruption (R): His ult that damages and stuns the enemy you target and it will travel to nearby champions as well.
First use Chain of Corruption to stun your target, then stack three Blighted Quiver, then use Hail of Arrows to slow them as they flee, then use Piercing Arrow to finish them off.
: Helps Varus to get extra attack speed.
: Helps by giving Varus armor penetration which helps to kill enemy tanks.
: The reason I choose Banshee's Veil is to get extra health and mana which is in my opinion more helpful than getting extra armor with Guardian Angel because you already have armor runes.
: Due to your high attack speed and damage buying The Bloodthirster will help you to gain health back fast.
: Helps to give you that great attack damage and critical strike chance.
: Gives you even more critical chance and pretty good attack speed as well.
To effectively farm you need to be passive early game otherwise you'll run out of mana. When laning just focus on getting last hits.
Make sure when you're in team fights to stay back and wait for the right time to use Chain of Corruption . If the enemy team gets close together you can use Hail of Arrows to slow them down and then line up a Piercing Arrow to try to hit as many of them as you can.
Thanks for viewing my guide and if you have and problems, questions, or corrections please post them.