Varus Build Guide by Gh0sT4881
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Varus.Here you can learn how to ward , what items to get for Varus, tactics , positioning lots of stuff. I'd really want to thank JhoiJhoi for her awesome Template. I hope you enjoy!
For his incomparable skill with the bow and his unquestioned sense of honor, Varus was chosen to be the warden of a sacred Ionian temple. The temple was built to contain an ancient pit of corruption so vile that Ionian Elders feared it could envelop the island in darkness. Varus prided himself on his position, as only the most exceptional Ionian warriors were selected for the role. He lived with his family in a nearby village and led a quiet life of disciplined routine until the day the forces of Noxus invaded Ionia. Their shock troops left nothing but death and desolation in their wake, and the temple lay in their path. Varus was forced to make a decision. He was bound by honor to stay and defend the temple, but without him the village's few inhabitants could offer little resistance against the oncoming war machine. Gravely, he chose to fulfill his duty as a warden. The corruption could not be allowed to escape.
His arrows sundered the troops who tried to wrest the temple from him that day. However, when he returned to the village, he found that it had been reduced to a smoldering graveyard. Remorse at the sight of his slain family gave way to overwhelming regret and then to seething hatred. He swore to slaughter every Noxian invader, but first he needed to become stronger. He turned to that which he had sacrificed everything to protect. The pit of corruption would consume him wholly, as a flame devours a wick, but its abominable power would burn within him until he was lost. This was a path from which there could be no return. With grim resolve, he condemned himself to the black flames, feeling malevolent energy bond to his skin...and with it, the promise of ruin. He left, seeking the blood of all Noxians involved with the invasion, a grisly task that eventually led him to the invasion's most infamous perpetrators in the League of Legends.
''The life of an arrow is fleeting, built of nothing but direction and intent.'' - Varus
Pros / Cons
+ Good damage with Piercing Arrow
+ Escape mechanism with Hail of Arrows
+ 20% bonus attack speed on minion kill
+ 40% bonus attack speed on champion kill or assist
+ Amazing /laugh emote
- Depends on good items
- Movement speed is reduced when using Piercing Arrow
- Mana hunger champion
- Easily killed
- Only 2 skins wtf!?!?! (sad panda)
I go for 21 points inOffense for early game kills (and later too) and 9 points in Defense for early game defense (and later on). You should use your mana wisely . If you waste your mana really fast I suggest you to take the 21/0/9 which means to get more mana and mana regen with the Utility talents but don't get the armor and hp from the Defense tree.
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction
Greater Quintessence of Health
- Greater Quintessence of Health: More health for survivability.We get these runes because AD carries are very squishy and because of that we need some health.
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage: We get this for damage and burst.Another viable rune on the place of this is the greater mark of Desolation which gives you Armor Penetration which is kind of good too.
- Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction: Reduced cooldowns on abilities is always a good thing.1-2 seconds cooldown on an ability can kill you (because you can't use it) or you may miss your chance to kill somoene with Piercing Arrow.
- Greater Seal of Armor: Some armor for a AD carry is a good thing because of always being focused.We get these runes because AD carries are very squishy and because of that we need some armor.
Take one point in Hail of Arrows early game in 3 level for escaping and kill securing. Max Piercing Arrow first and Blighted Quiver second. Get a point in Chain of Corruption at levels 6 , 11 and 16 .
[Heal]: Most AD carries use Heal instead of Exhaust for more survivability and early kills.
[Flash]: This is number 1 Summoner Spell in League of Legends. It's used for escape and kill securing.
[Exhaust]: This ability slows the movement of the opponent and reduces the attack damage he makes with 70%.
- Living Vengeance: On champion kill or assist, Varus gains 40% Attack Speed for 6 seconds.On minion kill, Varus gains 20% Attack Speed for 3 seconds.
- Piercing Arrow (Q): (First Cast): Varus starts drawing back his next shot, gradually increasing its range and damage.
(Second Cast): Varus fires, dealing physical damage, reduced by 15% per enemy hit (minimum 33%).
While preparing to shoot Varus' movement speed is slowed by 20%. After 4 seconds, Piercing Arrow fails but refunds half its mana cost.
Cost: 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 mana
Minimum Damage: 10 / 43 / 77 / 110 / 143 (+x per attack damage)
Maximum Damage: 15 / 65 / 115 / 165 / 215 (+x per attack damage)
- Blighted Quiver (W): (Passive): Varus' basic attacks deal bonus magic damage and apply Blight for 6 seconds (stacks 3 times).
Varus' other abilities detonate Blight, dealing magic damage equal to a percentage of the target's maximum health per stack. This damage is capped against monsters.
Magic Damage: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 (+0.2 per ability power)
Blight Damage per Stack: / 2 / 2.8 / 3.5 / 4.3 / 5 (+x per ability power)
- Hail of Arrows (E): Varus fires a hail of arrows that deals physical damage and desecrates the ground for 4 seconds.
Desecrated Ground reduces healing effects by 50% and slows enemy movement speed.
Cost: 70 mana
Physical Damage: 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 (+x per bonus attack damage)
Slow Amount: 20 / 24 / 28 / 32 / 36%
- Chain of Corruption (R): :Varus flings out a tendril of corruption that deals magic damage and immobilizes the first enemy champion hit for 2 seconds.
The corruption then spreads towards nearby uninfected enemy champions, applying the same damage and immobilize if it reaches them.
Cost: 100 / 45 / 50 mana
Magic Damage: 150 / 250 / 350 (+1.0 per ability power)
First start with Chain of Corruption to immobilize the target so he can't flee from your Piercing Arrow .Stack three times Blighted Quiver. After your Piercing Arrow is shot fire a Hail of Arrows aroung the opponent so he can't flee and after that finish him with auto attack.
Items for Damage and Survivability
: Get Doran's Blade for some early damage and health.On my first time backing up to base I get one for some damage and health + life steal for healing with minion kills.
: Get Berserker's Greaves for some early Attack Speed. You can get these or Boots of Swiftness but I highly recommend Berserker's Greaves for more attack speed because later in the game you get faster with other items.
: This is the Rabadon's Deathcap for AD carries. This is your first AD item you should get for more damage and critical strike.
: This item gives AD and life steal which is good.With this item you get 12% life steal which means with more attack speed you can heal yourself really fast.
: Crit chance , lots of Attack Speed , some movement speed , what more ?
: Item for more defense and utility in late game.AD carries are very squishy they surely need this.
- : Item for Armor penetration, damage and attack speed.In mid-late game all of the opponents have atleast 30-40 armor which means The Black Cleaver is very good for this situation.
: You can get Last Whisper instead of The Black Cleaver if their team is heavy tankish and they have a lot of bruisers . It gives you 40 Attack Damage and 40% Armor Penetration which is the counter to heavy armor.
: You get Manamune if you really think you have a lot of problems with your mana.If you use your mana wisely you will NOT need this item.
- : You get Ninja Tabi if the enemy team is heavy Melee DPS oriented because this item gives you 25 Armor which will help you vs these Melee DPS champions.
Headbutt them away from their turret then let him Pulverize.In the mean time you should stack your Blighted Quiver and start busting the opponent down with Piercing Arrow and one Hail of Arrows.When the cc's of Alistar have ended try to immobilize them with Chain of Corruption. After that they will be pretty much dead.
Shield of Daybreak and after that with her ultimate.In the meantime you stack Blighted Quiver and start bursting the opponent down with Piercing Arrow and one Hail of Arrows.After the stuns have ended if the target is still not dead immobilize with Chain of Corruption and kill him.
Note that I do this section only if you aren't laning with support.If you are laning with a support no need to get wards because it's the support's job.
This is where you should ward.Thanks to JhoiJhoi for the image.
- Yellow: Vital to protect the jungler on your team
- Blue: For protection from mid/top , jungle ganks
- Red: To guard Dragon and Baron Nashor (should be vision wards so you can destroy enemy's Sight Wards)
- Orange: In order to Counter-Jungle
In lane, Varus’ unique combination of abilities gives him the ability to apply constant pressure to his opponent. Piercing Arrow allows him to both farm safely and damage enemy champions without fear of reprisal. Meanwhile, the area of effect healing debuff from Hail of Arrows complicates a support champion’s efforts to out-heal the attrition damage. When the time comes to move in for the kill, Living Vengeance keeps Varus’ Attack Speed high while he’s last hitting, enabling him to quickly stack up Contamination charges from Blighted Quiver in preparation for a finishing blow.
In teamfights try to stay in a safe angle. Start with Chain of Corruption if the opponent team is very close together . Then proceed with Hail of Arrows and Piercing Arrow .
Varus’ long range allows him to maintain safe positioning until he’s able to score a kill on an enemy champion. Once he’s picked off an enemy, the massive Attack Speed boost from Living Vengeance combined with area of effect crowd control from Chains of Corruption make him a truly terrifying sight on the battlefield.
Varus is not that much of a hard champion nor he is easy. You shouldn't spam his abilities and you will be okay with his mana. Thanks for viewing my guide. If you don't like something in the guide or disagree with me please do a comment. I will update some things here and there in some places.