Varus Build Guide by hydralisk
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
P.S. Please dont troll/flame/downvote w/o trying the tips and the build i put in here. sometimes, information may sound stupid but is correct or helpful when you try it. Also please leave a comment letting em know what you think, and if you vote, let me know why you voted in such ways.
+ High Early Burst When Combo'd Correctly
+ High Late-Game Damage
+ Fantastic Farmer With Passive and Hail of Arrows
+ Good Crowd Control With Chain of Corruption
- Difficult to Master
- Skill-Shot Reliant
You'll want standard AD choices for your masteries, utilizing damage. The other 9 should go in The Defensive
masteries, focusing Health, and Armor.
- greater quintessence of Desolation: Armor Penetration is incredibly viable for any AD carry.
- Greater Mark of Attack Speed: You dont have to use these Marks. Greater mark of Desolation and Greater Mark of Attack Damage are both good choices. I just use Alacrity because, they're the runes i have. xD
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: Magic Resist per level is another alternative, once again i just have flat Magic Resist Glyphs. Either way, these provide good durability from magic attacks, and with masteries should total about 44 MR.
- Greater Seal of Armor: Flat Armor Seals are better than per level, because your armor is lower early and increases to late game. With masteries, these Seals should give you about 36 Armor.
Flash:Good Escape abilites like Hail of Arrows and Chain of Corruption helps, Flash is also a good chase ability, and you shouldnt use your ultimate unless you absolutely have to in order to escape from enemies.
Ignite: is Unrivaled in Finishing and Crippling enemies like Dr. Mundo's Sadism Or high Lifestealers like Irelia's Hiten Style
Teleport: Good for maneurability, and Flanking, or rushing a lane to avoid losing the oh so precious, XP
- Living Vengeance :Increases Attack Speed by 20% for a minion kill for 3 seconds, 40% for a champion kill/assist for 6 seconds
- Piercing Arrow (Q) Deals Damage based upon how long it is charged. Also increases range. Your main damage ability cuz it deals massive damage when fully charged, and more when coincided with Blighted Quiver Which is next.
- Blighted Quiver (W): Deals magic damage with your basic attacks and applies a stack of Blight. (max of 3) Varus's other Abilties detonated blight and dealing bonus magic damage per % of max health. You can see where i'm going with this.
- Hail of Arrows (E): Deals damage in an area and slows enemies as well has reducing healing by 50%. Primarily utility, but necessary in teamfights as well as solo fights to reduce another carry's healing or an entire teams healing. However, because of the small radius, i still recommend Ignite.
- Chain of Corruption (R): Your ultimate binds an enemy champion for two seconds, dealing magic damage. it then begins to spread to nearby enemies binding and damaging them as well. I love this ability. Its great against short range carries, and melee carries as well, keeping them from doing damage. Fiora is a great example. When she uses Burst of Speed, Ult her, and back off out of melee range, and you can proceed to pwn her.
You always max your ult when possible, and to maximize burst, you need to get your Q next, and W after that.
: Two Doran's Blades early increase durability, damage, and ssustainability. Some people argue getting multiple dorans items is stupid and a waste of money. Some cases, yes, i agree. But for squishy AD carries, there isnt much id rather have.
- : Take whatever boots are needed. Alot of AD = Ninja Tabi Alot of magic/ CC (crowd Control) take Mercury's Treads. Nothing really outstanding? Berserkers Greaves All the way.
: I take two phantoms for a couple reasons. After killing/assisting in a kill, i gain unrivaled Attack speed. Also Blight's on-hit damage maxed, is 26, which with 2.000 AS hits a lot. Much like Teemo's Toxic Shot with out the DoT poison. I think it sustains enough, till our next item
**NOTE**: Due to some discussion from other users on the guide, It seems sometimes taking two phantoms straight off, may not be the best idea. Myself Personally, i like it, and im good with this build, but if you find yourself disliking the damage output, a good idea from xXFryingPanXx is :after boots take Zeal then a B. F. Sword then take Phantom Dancer and Infinity Edge then the second Phantom Dancer and the rest is the same.
- : Ahh The Infinity Edge The main damage dealer. 85% crit, 200 AD and 250% crit damage. Kills should come easy right now.
: The second most important item to any AD carry, due to the epic damage, and lifesteal. An Ad carry is never w/o his Infinity Edge and his The Bloodthirster.
- :Like the boots, this last spot is mainly for what is needed. Getting focused in Teamfights? Guardian Angel should help solve this. Getting bursted down too quickly by AP carries? Banshee's Veil will most certainly help. Enemies cant get kills and are resorting to stacking armor? Last Whisper will be your friend.
Due to his passive Living Vengeance and Hail of Arrows Varus is a pretty good farmer. HE SHOULD NOT JUNGLE. The max damage on Blighted Quiver is capped, and his abilites make ganking difficult before lvl 6. If you wanna troll, try it. But for serious gameplay, i dont recommend it. Like most carries you should have :
- by 15 minutes = roughly 75-100 farms
- 20 minutes = ~ 150 farms
- 25 minutes = ~ 200+
As for laning, i recommend going bottom lane, with a tank or support. I dont recommend mid lane, i dont think hes really equipped to lane against any AP champions. If they dont have any AP champions, and you think an Ashe or a Corki might be going mid, than feel free to try it. A solo top lane is also acceptable. But myself, i prefer to go bottom lane.
Like most carries you want to stay in a fight. That means you dont pretend your melee or a tank and run in there. Be cautious and attempt to disable and eliminate the enemy Carry(ies) In a perfect match, your tank can handle that task himself, and when this is possible, focus down the next priority, damage dealers, and area effect mages. Tanks should always be last to go down. As for your Ultimate, save it for when they clump together to get max damage and Crowd Control, or if it wasnt needed, to help you chase stragglers.
// All in all, i hope you have as much fun as i have had with Varus and See what an awesome carry he is.
// Thank you to jhoijhoi for thehelp in making this guide a reality. Also my good friend Artheis (LoL name Artheisthegood) needs assistance in starting a book he is writing, so if you would be so kind to donate money to his fund linked here We need the money within 28 days(Sept 8th). SO PLEASE DONATE. i Thank all of you.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.