Wukong Build Guide by Novast
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This is a rough template for my Wukong Build. The basic premise is to rush sheen then brutalizer. From there you should get a defensive item. Banshee's if a heavy caster team, if the team is heavy AD I would go with an Atma's Impaler. Enjoy. I will update this as I test more.
I play WuKong similiar to Noc in runes. Partly because I own all the runes for NOC. I go for flat AP marks and flat armor seals. This really makes you strong early game. I have solo'd the top lane many times with no problems.
I haven't done as much testing as I would like with the Glyphs but attack speed seems ok here. I am going to look into buying some health regen runes. But I do not have the IP right now.
My favorite picks for Wukong are:
Flash and Ignite - Ignite is very good early game and you can get some good kills with your burst damage on Q. I think flash is better then Ghost because you already have decoy. It is good to use flash to cross structures easier to escape.
I have two basic build I play for Wukong.
Build 1 AD DPS with Sheen
This build focuses on getting sheen very early then a brutalizer for the cool down and more armor pen. I don't feel it is worth going trinity force so early as it is the most expensive item in the game. Therefore I just build smaller parts and wait till end game to get Trinity.
1. Boots of Speed + X 3 Health Potion - With the defensive runes early and extra live you shouldn't need a doran's blade early with Wukong. He has very good surviveability.
2. Sheen - I try and rush sheen early because the proc with his Q spell is very high damage early game. Try and auto hit once before hitting q because it resets your auto attack timer.
3. Mercury's Treads - This item is always good agains heavy CC teams. Your only escape is your decoy and sometimes that is not very effective.
4. The Brutalizer - This item is great early to add to your already high Armor pen. It is also great CDR for Wukong. I do not however build this into Ghostblade as I feel the Crit and extra stats are not as useful for Wukong.
5. Negatron Cloak or Chainmail vest - If the team is made up of heavy AD go chainmail. If there is a nuke caster like veigar or mal go cloak first to turn into Banshees vale later.
6. The Bloodthirster - This will increase your AD and give you some lifesteal. This item is very efficient and only requires 20 minion kills to get his price back in gold.
7. Banshee's Veil or Atma's Impaler - Finish up your banshe''s if you went with the cloak or pick up atma's if you got Chainmail.
8. Trinity Force - At this point the game should be over but if its still going on finish up your trinity force.
Does the other team have a large number of AD carries and your team only has one tank. Tanky DPS Wukong is a very viable option. You are able to take loads of damage and run in with your ult and mess up the whole team. This is a support role. You may feel like you are not doing much damage. But it makes up for it in surviability.
1. Boots of Speed + X 3 Health Potion - With the defensive runes early and extra live you shouldn't need a doran's blade early with Wukong. He has very good survivability.
2. Phage - The point of this build is to rush Frozen Mallet. Phage is good pick first after boots.
3. Mercury's Treads - Finish up your boots.
4. Frozen Mallet - This is a great item for Wukong and adds really well to your survivability.
5. Atma's Impaler - This is a very efficient item and is not often taken by many players. You may not know this but you really only need 2000k for this item to pay for itself back.
6. Negatron Cloak - More then likely the other team will have some AP. So go ahead and build this MR cloak.
7. The Bloodthirster - You are low on attack damage so to help with that and your Ultimate lifesteal grab this item.
8. Sunfire Cape - This item is awesome for tanky/wukong. With this and your ult it's a great combo. Also adds to the damage of your Atma's Impaler.
A little bit about how I use Wukong's Skills. I always try and get my first and 3rd point in Decoy. This is a good skill early game and can give a good amount of burst damage.
My second point ussually depends on how I am doing. If we are dominating the lane I will go Nimbus Strike since I don't ussually have an immediate need for decoy.
One point is needed early in Decoy either lvl 2 or 5.
at lvl 6 of course pick up Cyclone. From here max out Nimbus Strike as it is the best for later stages in the game.
Wukong's Ultimate is amazing especially when guarding a tower in 5v5 team fights. Don't be the first or 2nd person to go in. You want the team to completely commit to the tower. At this point Nimbus Strike in, hit R for Cyclone and proceed to stun there whole team while the tower owns them.
Another great tactic with decoy that has gotten me many kills is to hide in a bush. Right as the enemy hits the bush hit Decoy. They will at this point use all there cooldowns on your decoy. Stealthed hit them from behind and they won't know what hit them.