VS HEAVY AP
EXAMPLE BUILD 1
EXAMPLE BUILD 2
Not Updated For Current Season
Threats to Nami with this build
|Janna||JANNA IS NO REAL THREAT FOR YOU, POKE AFTER SHE USED SHIELD.|
Hello, im Wychdocta and im going to tell you a little bit about my playstyle, my runes and masteries regarding Nami.
First of all a little about me, i'm 24 years old and live in Germany. I started playing League of Legends in 2010. I ended Season 1-3 as Gold, 4 as Platinum and 5 as Diamond. I started to focus on the suppport role in the early stages of season 5 and still consider myself a support main.
Why should u consider reading this guide?
I consider myself a fairly good Nami player, she's been my mainchamp since S5, i got about 1000 games of experience on Nami. Nami is probably the reason i made it to diamond in season 5, i spammed her from gold 1 to diamond 5 and made it there within 3 weeks.
My current stats on Nami are: 3.89:1 KDA 2.5 / 4.4 / 14.6 58% Winrate 338 Played (02.07.2016) - http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=wychdocta in case someone wants to check :)
The choice of marks can be difficult, I think there're 3 ways to go:
- 9x Greater Mark of Armor if you want to go defensive and focus on peeling / surviving yourself, or if your matchup requires some extra armor (for example, if you got something strong hitting as enemy, like draven)
- 9x Greater Mark of Hybrid Penetration if you want to play aggressive and use your whole toolkit, including autohits from time to time.
- 9x Greater Mark of Attack Damage if you want to play aggresive, with a focus on your autohits. This suites my playstyle the best, im constantly autohitting enemys on the lane, also it makes lasthitting easier, if you have to - maybe because your adc is in the base or dead.
Seals are pretty straight forward:
- 9x Greater Seal of Scaling Health Scaling health is great for lategame, it provides more survivability than Greater Seal of Health but you will lack some HP at the first levels.
- 9x Greater Seal of Armor Armor is the way to go against heavy AD based enemy teams
- 9x Greater Seal of Health I choose flat health in my seals, because some extra health helps against both phyiscal and magic damage in the early stages of the game.
Glyphs are tricky, it depends on your playstyle and your enemys:
- 3x Greater Glyph of Mana Regeneration + 6x Greater Glyph of Ability Power I choose this combination of glyphs if i want to go very aggressive, to heal a little bit more and to bully a lot on the lane.
- 3x Greater Glyph of Mana Regeneration + 6x Greater Glyph of Magic Resist The combination with magic resist is my default choice, the additional magic resist helps against offensive support picks such as Bard, Sona and others. - it can also provide some dmg reduction against ap based enemy junglers or midlaners, in case of a gank.
Greater Glyph of Mana Regeneration I use some mana regeneration runes in every set of glyphs because Nami has high spellcosts combined with low cooldowns and as result im out of mana a lot, some additional mana regeneration helps you to stay longer and more useful on the lane. (I reccommend to use 3-5, more isn't neccessary, using less or none will result in a lot of time without mana.)
Quints depend on your previous choosings, these are my choices:
- 2x Greater Quintessence of Armor 1x Greater Quintessence of Ability Power If you want to go even more aggressive, take the extra 5 ability power, but you'll lose some survivability.
- 3x Greater Quintessence of Armor This is my default choice, i have no armor in other rune slots and you'll need some against the enemy adc - ability power is nice but no good if u get outtraded to fast.
Wanderer is good to roam, to get back on the lane. this is the way to go
Savagery makes no sense, you dont lasthit as support.
Runic Affinity you dont take buffs - you dont need longer duration on them if u dont
Secret Stash The cookie is nice and longer potion duration is nice too. this is my choice.
Assassin you're never alone on your lane and you dont assasinate targets - makes no sense.
Merciless you dont need to deal more damage on low hp targets.
Meditation is your choice here, you will see, nami needs a lot of mana and this talent helps a lot.
Bandit You want to poke a lot and with bandit you'll get some extra gold if you do so. +1 gold for minions killed nearby isn't a lot combined with the extra gold for damaging enemys, it will make a difference in your pocket. Bandit should be your choice here.
Dangerous Game isn't helping you a lot, the 300-500 gold from bandit are better. - I reccommend Bandit .
Precision can be good, if you want to play with hybrid penetration runes you can add some more penetration with this talent.
Intelligence is probably a little bit more defensive than Precision , you got lower cooldown on your spells and as result you can poke or heal more often. i prefer intelligence at the moment.
Stormraider's Surge makes no sense, you wont be able to do that amount of damage.
Thunderlord's Decree if you want to play with more all-in potential on your lane, you should go for Thunderlords.
Windspeaker's Blessing is helping you on lane with a little bit more sustain and its the better lategame choice. - I take Windspeaker's in general, but i also play thunderlords from time to time. if u want to pick up kills for you / your adc, Thunderlord's Decree is a good choice. in late game and for protection, Windspeaker's Blessing is better.
Recovery should be your choice here, some hp regg is nice to have -
Unyielding isnt that strong i think since you aren't stacking armor or mr.
Explorer i prefer this talent over Tought Skin to be faster while roaming.
Tough Skin is better if you want to stick to your lane.
Runic Armor improves your healing - as result you sustain better on your lane.
Veteran's Scars improves your survivability, if you fear to get bursted within seconds
(on lane), you should take the health. If not, runic armor is better in lategame, long fights / trades on lane.
Insight lower summoner spell cooldowns are nice, you should take this.
Perseverance doesnt do much for you, you dont have that much of health regen
Instead of going in the Resolve skilltree, you could go into the ferocity tree for more offensive, if you want to do this, i would recommend the following:
Fury You dont need Attack Speed
Sorcery would be the talent to go here.
Double Edged Sword you could consider this, to do more damage on the lane, i prefer something else.
Feast Since you aren't supposed to lasthit, this doesn't really help you.
Expose Weakness should be your choice here, after all, you're supporting and 3% more dmg for your allys is nice.
Vampirism you dont need spellvamp / lifesteal, your damage output isn't that high.
Natural Talent is a nice choice, i auothit and poke with w / e, more AD and AP is certainly a boost for your poke.
Bounty Hunter in a typical game you wont be able to stack this high enough to make it worth.
Oppressor since you're slowing with your e, this ia a nice talent to choose.
As Support the options are limited:
Ignite if you want to pick up kills on your lane // if you got enemys with a lot of healing like swain or vlad.
Exhaust the defensive choice against targets with burst // high dmg. It also helps to hit your bubble.
Flash always take flash, you're squishy. without you will get killed far to easy and far to often.
PROS / CONS
++ Very good early pressure with combined heal and poke.
++ Good cc if you know how to use it.
++ Very strong laning phase
+ Good follow up CC
+ Utility for your team, slow from your e and movement speed from all your spells
+ Decent abilitys to protect a carry
+- High risk toolkit, good if you hit your spells but thats not always possible
- High mana costs
- Mid and late game aren't as good as your early
- No real heal (compared to soraka for example) or dmg (compared to zyra for example)
-- Vulnerable against hard cc
Link to my Stream
Im streaming regularly if you want to see some live examples of my playstyle. Writing about it is one way, I think its easier to show you. It's going to be a mix of solo / duo queue and teamscrims / community tournaments. If you're interested, im going to answer questions while playing solo queue. (between games & in champselect)
This guide is still in the early stages, i'd like some feedback considering possible missing sections or other.
Don't flame my english plz, im going to fix possible language errors within the next days, im german after all - this isn't my native language^^
Changelog & Credits
15/06/2016 - published.
02/07/2016 - added a new itembuild considering the changes to Ardent Censer & Mikaels, changed some language and added notes to the ferocity mastery tree