Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's review & discussion service

Creator: jhoijhoi June 29, 2011 5:44pm
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
NinjaGinge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 10:51pm | Report
First and foremost: Lol at you not reviewing the eve guide because of rework, you know Twitch will be receiving one also right? Stealth rework is going to make plenty of waves for me too.

jhoijhoi wrote:

1) You should get a level of Venom Cask in the early levels, like level 3. Especially if you're ganking - the slow is incredible.

Its true, but at low levels he doesn't need it right now. his E and Q are what he uses to survive and kill early on. This is an opinion shared by a lot of players.
jhoijhoi wrote:

2) Not sure about Seals of Evasion.

Just some survivability, I'm open to other things there and I believe. I put other options in the rune section. I'm not huge on them either
jhoijhoi wrote:

3) With your Purchase Order: No need to list all potions/elixirs. I'm thinking of removing the elixirs from my build. The potions in the beginning are really unnecessary :P

I agree I should probably remove the elixers at the end, but I think I'm going to keep the potions just because if someone doesn't go on to read, they still realize they should be grabbing a couple at one point. perhaps just one of each to make a point?
jhoijhoi wrote:

4) I'd move the "Updates" section to the bottom, just because your guide is so huge.

Will do.
jhoijhoi wrote:

5) Capitalise "Twitch"

Dang did I really mess that one up? XD curses.
jhoijhoi wrote:

6) You have too many short sections that just take up space. "A message to other Twitch players" and "One more thing to keep in mind" can be merged into "Why I'm Writing this" and it'll save space.

True, I'll look into condensing. Some of those were probably just put there because of small insecurities after first releasing the guide. Editing will occur there soon.
jhoijhoi wrote:

7) Move "My old Twitch" to the end of the guide.

I actually prefer it higher up to make an early point of how ineffective the single-minded approach is.
jhoijhoi wrote:

8) Good Pros/Cons and Runes section. No alternative rune set?

Yeah I just mentioned them in the rune section, I suppose I should display alternatives more strongly. Wont be the first thing I go adjust but I'll look into it.
jhoijhoi wrote:

9) You could put an image of the mastery selection in your Masteries section ^^ Optional though, not necessary :)

Seems like a good idea to me, would split up some text too.
jhoijhoi wrote:

10) List the Summoner Spells in order of viability. And by preference.
So, Flash + Ignite should be at the top, followed by Exhaust. Then under a new heading, something like, "Other Viable Choices" list the ones you'd take if you didn't take Flash, Ignite or Exhaust. Then if you really want to keep the other summoner descriptions, make another heading of "Less viable Choices".

Makes sense. I'll do some adjusting
jhoijhoi wrote:

11) Think about centring your large icons for aesthetic reasons :)

That one actually occured to me but I didn't bother to look into how. I suppose I shall now.
jhoijhoi wrote:

12) Your "Items I Usually do Not Use" section shouldn't be in your guide... In your guide only list the items that you'd ever get on Twitch. So don't list Wit's End or Sword of the Divine, Atma's Impaler or any of the other ones. I'd also suggest reorganising your items sections.

Well some of them have to stay because they serve a very distinct purpose, removing Atma's Impaler and other items i just dislike on him though would be beneficial. Maybe a reorg. I'll think about that part.
jhoijhoi wrote:

13) Not sure where "Know your threats" should go, but it probably shouldn't be there.

lollol, I suppose i'll give that some thought too.
jhoijhoi wrote:

14) With your Lane Partners section, you should consider using columns to lessen the space used.

Something else I'll have to teach myself about. Didn't really bother to teach myself a lot of coding for this. >_<
jhoijhoi wrote:

15) "How I use the Build" should not include bad scores, lol, even though it's pretty even (27/20/17 and 12/12/13) - it's up to you to keep them though, coz they are cool. With regards to the section itself... I don't think it's necessary.

Well that small section kind of explains how to understand the next few sections so I have to keep it in general. The poor scores were described to apply to my old Twitch playing ways, I should move those shots with the old Twitch section. Thanks for pointing that one out.
jhoijhoi wrote:

16) "HOW I play Twitch (Early Game With Ally)" - Each coloured text should be a new paragraph/new line with a fresh enter space before it. In terms of organisation... I think you should have a section each of each type of game play.

you think so? I feel like that would end up in a lot of open space. perhaps thats preferable to wall of text
jhoijhoi wrote:

So:
1) Twitch: Solo Mid
2) Twitch: Solo Top
3) Twitch: Duo Bot
4) General Twitch Mid Game
5) End Game Twitch
You also have to really consider whether all that information is necessary. Is it repetitive in any parts? Than kind of thing. THIS IS A GREAT TWITCH RESOURCE!

Maybe I'm seeing things but isnt that the organization I already have?? lol I believe I have avoided redundancy in these sections except occasionally reminding readers how squish he is, just because if there's ANYTHING i want people to learn its that. Other than that I think its all specific material
jhoijhoi wrote:

17) You know ShadowsFiji totally plagarised Bible of LoL, right?

Yes but he's the one who posted it here and anyone who visits it will see that for themselves because Shadows credits him at the top of the guide.
jhoijhoi wrote:

18) Your section "Proof of a few things" shouldn't be in this guide. If you like, you can put it in my General Guide, but that's up to you. Basically your guide is incredibly long as it is, and this section is taking up too much space.

Well most of the space is pictures but the screenshots can certainly go. I would prefer to keep the graphs though because people often like to look at guides and make modifications in places. I would hate for someone to do that and end up with sub par behavior. The graphs show exactly why the last item is the best of the logical choices.
jhoijhoi wrote:

1) Your guide needs some more colour. Also, lol, your "Cons" is longer than your Pros. I don't know if that's a good thing :P

Lol I'm surprised you noticed. I'm actually going to keep that as is because he really is a difficult character to make good use of and everything on that list is true. Guide will show how to get around a lot of cons.
jhoijhoi wrote:

2) With links to other guides etc, make them attractive. Like this:
Code:
[url=inseeeeeeeertAddressUrlHere]Hi! Click Here For Awesome![/url]

Thanks, another thing that occurred to me but I didn't really take the time to learn.

WHEW. Well thanks for all the input. Idk if I will tonight because I'm tired but I will certainly be making some big edits due to this.
Thanks goes to JEFFY40HANDS for a gorgeous Karma sig
Hey, you should help me on acquiring Medieval Twitch!! :D
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=507f1031d2ab3250817727
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 11:51pm | Report
@Ninja: Hit me up with any more questions, and request another review if you'd like one after your rework, will certainly go do that. Off to +1 your guide :)

With regards to your Gameplay Sections, you have them split up into Early and Mid... I think o.O I can't remember lol.

Regarding the rework: o.O I totally forgot Twitch would be changing. Um... k... lol... I guess there's no excuse not to review the Eve guides now, lawl.

Will get to the guides I skipped in the next few days ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Tauricus2017 ♡
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2011 12:04am | Report
LOL. sorry. kind of increased your workload there didn't I?

My b. And I have NO idea how things will go with the rework. Heck if it's too drastic It may get archived. I'm nervous.
Credit goes to JEFFY40HANDS for this godly imposing Viktor
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2011 7:05am | Report
@Ninja Ginge
I posted criticism on your guide. Not posting it here for a change :3

I was the one who said to not bother with Eve because of the remake. I think Eve will change more drastically than Twitch.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2011 7:17am | Report
I think I might wait for the Eve rework. Depends on how much I feel like reviewing over the next few days ^^

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2011 7:38am | Report
Do check out the thread in "General" for more details on how Riot is changing stealth.
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
Mazaw
<Member>
Mazaw's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2011 8:05am | Report
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2011 8:12am | Report

♡ sig by Tauricus2017 ♡
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2011 9:39am | Report
Searz wrote:

Do check out the thread in "General" for more details on how Riot is changing stealth.

I did. I don't know how I feel about it. I it will really depend on the range of the new mechanic and how the character rework goes. Could go fine could go bad.
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2011 9:57am | Report
Searz wrote:

@Ninja Ginge
I posted criticism on your guide. Not posting it here for a change :3

I was the one who said to not bother with Eve because of the remake. I think Eve will change more drastically than Twitch.

Cool ^_^, responded on the build.

I actually think Twitch may get some serious work because without the broken mechanic of being able to position however he wants and go lolstealth to escape, his current kit and stats just wouldn't allow him to perform. I'm gonna miss these days. lol ^_^

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide