Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

NoobArtist's Journey To Platinum

Creator: BlueArtist March 25, 2014 4:12am
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2014 8:19am | Report

Yeah, but she should be perfectly fine even without it.

The matchup is one of the hardest and skill-defining matchups in mid-lane. If you're not fully comfortable, I would suggest barrier as well.
Lady Amelyne
<Member>
Lady Amelyne's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2014 8:24am | Report

The matchup is one of the hardest and skill-defining matchups in mid-lane. If you're not fully comfortable, I would suggest barrier as well.

I personally never had much of an issue versus Zed but I see what you mean. I'd run Ignite even if I wasn't comfortable to exert kill potential, though.
Credits go to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2014 9:13am | Report

I personally never had much of an issue versus Zed but I see what you mean. I'd run Ignite even if I wasn't comfortable to exert kill potential, though.

Well it's about if you can prevent getting killed which can be tough. If the Zed plays even one exchange better, it can cost you the lane and even the game.
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2014 10:03am | Report
What's weird about his build? DFG is like the standard LeBlanc item and he followed it up with Zhonya's for the Zed ult, seems pretty acceptable no?

And yeah that matchup is 100% skill, I've won both sides of that matchup enough times, but its usually just because I'm a lot better with both champs than almost everyone at my elo; though in my first time facing a LB as Zed I ended up dying once in lane due to being unfamiliar with it, just takes a bit of getting used to.

A +rep is always nice, and if I helped you out, do give one (or more) of my guides a read! Feedback is very welcome, and if you liked them give them a vote!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2014 10:15am | Report
Lucorian5 wrote:

What's weird about his build? DFG is like the standard LeBlanc item and he followed it up with Zhonya's for the Zed ult, seems pretty acceptable no?

And yeah that matchup is 100% skill, I've won both sides of that matchup enough times, but its usually just because I'm a lot better with both champs than almost everyone at my elo; though in my first time facing a LB as Zed I ended up dying once in lane due to being unfamiliar with it, just takes a bit of getting used to.

I think most LeBlanc players go Athene's Unholy Grail or Morellonomicon for the CDR. Against Zed I wouldn't build an item that makes you rely on its active being up when he engages, because if it's not, then you cannot beat him.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2014 11:31am | Report
Yeah most LB's favour Athene's nowadays and just play her as a more reliable, higher damage Nidalee spear; Distortion forwards, QRE, W back, wait for CD's to finish (20% CDR is helpful here) and repeat as soon as CD's are up. Mana regen is extremely helpful when you're doing this too, hence the % mana regen.
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2014 11:38am | Report

I think most LeBlanc players go Athene's Unholy Grail or Morellonomicon for the CDR. Against Zed I wouldn't build an item that makes you rely on its active being up when he engages, because if it's not, then you cannot beat him.

I only get Athene's if I'm behind, though I do like getting Morellonomicon a lot as a 2nd or 3rd item even when I'm well ahead. I still go for DFG first if I get some early kills (which I almost always do cuz LeBlanc) and its still really strong.

A +rep is always nice, and if I helped you out, do give one (or more) of my guides a read! Feedback is very welcome, and if you liked them give them a vote!
Lady Amelyne
<Member>
Lady Amelyne's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2014 11:39am | Report
I myself prefer getting Grail nowadays for the versatility as people above me have already stated. DFG still works, though, but is riskier.
Credits go to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
BlueArtist
<Member>
BlueArtist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2014 11:38pm | Report
You could say my mindset is identical with Lucorian. I'm not a skilled LeBlanc at all, I got fb on Zed because of his mistake but could not do anything else afterwards. I favour Deathfire Grasp over Athene's, because as Lucorian also mentioned I like to roam around to try grab some early kills.
My #2 RumbleGuide

^^ Thanks toUbnoxius,Xiaowiriamu,Natuhlee and Hogopogo for the sig!

Please give me a +rep if I helped you.
BlueArtist
<Member>
BlueArtist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2014 12:44am | Report

Yasuo sticking onto the enemy carries like super glue... spells GG
My #2 RumbleGuide

^^ Thanks toUbnoxius,Xiaowiriamu,Natuhlee and Hogopogo for the sig!

Please give me a +rep if I helped you.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide