Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official World Championship rundown &...

Creator: Vynertje August 23, 2014 11:55am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 4:43pm | Report
I REALLY don't want TSM to make it to worlds. Their teamplay is horribly subpar and watching their games vs LMQ right now is just waiting until XWX or Vasilli horribly misplay and give the game away. TSM is just a huge displeasure to watch because of how ****ty their games are past the lane phase and how ****ing annoying their fans are.

If you're a TSM fan suck my **** and **** you.

Also really happy that SKT looks pretty bleak in terms of their overall team. People finally hopping off their ****riding wagon to see that the previously godlike team is literally just Faker+friends. Faker is a good player but the team isn't one that deserves to go to worlds at all. This brings me much joy as Samsung Blue is probably the most pleasurable team to watch simply destroy ****ing everyone with their godlike teamfights and objective play.

Every other region is pretty irrelevant. I think Alliance maybe competes with top 3 NA teams, but I'm not so sure if the same is true about Fnatic and, if we're honest, those are the only 2 teams in EU that are even somewhat relevant.

CRS is exciting to watch because of how much they can upset the NA scene, but I doubt they'll make a splash at worlds.

Kind of pumped to see C9 make it further in worlds, though. I'm pretty sure they can just stomp through group stages (depending on if they draw well) and maybe make semis. I really don't have a pulse on the Chinese eSports scene so I don't know how well they will fare at worlds. Regardless I look to C9/China/Korea to be the real contenders overall.

Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 5:30am | Report
B-Wong wrote:
I REALLY don't want TSM to make it to worlds. Their teamplay is horribly subpar and watching their games vs LMQ right now is just waiting until XWX or Vasilli horribly misplay and give the game away. TSM is just a huge displeasure to watch because of how ****ty their games are past the lane phase and how ****ing annoying their fans are.

Also really happy that SKT looks pretty bleak in terms of their overall team. People finally hopping off their ****riding wagon to see that the previously godlike team is literally just Faker+friends. Faker is a good player but the team isn't one that deserves to go to worlds at all. This brings me much joy as Samsung Blue is probably the most pleasurable team to watch simply destroy ****ing everyone with their godlike teamfights and objective play.

Every other region is pretty irrelevant. I think Alliance maybe competes with top 3 NA teams, but I'm not so sure if the same is true about Fnatic and, if we're honest, those are the only 2 teams in EU that are even somewhat relevant.

CRS is exciting to watch because of how much they can upset the NA scene, but I doubt they'll make a splash at worlds.

Kind of pumped to see C9 make it further in worlds, though. I'm pretty sure they can just stomp through group stages (depending on if they draw well) and maybe make semis. I really don't have a pulse on the Chinese eSports scene so I don't know how well they will fare at worlds. Regardless I look to C9/China/Korea to be the real contenders overall.

Hate on tsm all you want they better than lmq and curse and will finish second once again. Also im not sure wtf you talking about tsm laning is horrible now days especially there bot lane they lost lane in every game but last one they stomped. The only strong lane for tsm is top and mid now tsm as hole are not strong laners.

Lustboy and turtle will get crushed against world's bot lanes there way to off and new in there play.

Curse wont do well at worlds i rather see LMQ there plus they choke hard always.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 5:50am | Report
B-Wong wrote:

I didn't want them to qualify either but purely looking at their gameplay they do deserve it. LMQ looked really sloppy and I think they hit their skill ceiling, while TSM has a lot more potential in the long run. Regardless of who gets 3rd, NA gets to send their 3 best teams just like EU.

Quoted:

I think the 3 European teams are far ahead of NA with the exception of C9. They have shown a lot more variety in terms of team compositions, picks and bans and overall strategy. NA scene still looks like a ****fest to me. C9 is the only NA team that is strategically on par with the top teams in the world.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 6:01am | Report
3RD place na is toss up both teams were so sad at end of the series both could be tilting but i think lmq will win they did not get 3-0 and put up a fight.
Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Nebrasketball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 8:53am | Report
I think LMQ wins 3-2. C9 is going to stomp in the final. A victory for TSM would be simply winning a game imo
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 10:48am | Report
I think LMQ wins 3-2. C9 is going to stomp in the final. A victory for TSM would be simply winning a game imo

Yup but tsm actually did pretty well in season vs c9 its 2-2 record i think c9 will win 3-1.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 3:20am | Report
Be ready people will soon be calling the it rigged etc... they always do. No matter what outcome c9 getting easy teams or tsm getting all hard teams. Even Samsung being in same bracket so it fan be samsung vs samsung in finales.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 8:19am | Report

Part 1 of 3 of Riot's Road to Worlds documentary. Pretty cool stuff.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 9:29am | Report
I'll start updating this thread again during the live draw! I'll also write a group rundown somewhere this week.

Also yeah the documentary is pretty cool, although so far it seems less like a "road to worlds" but rather a rundown of all previous world championships.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 11:52am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Part 1 of 3 of Riot's Road to Worlds documentary. Pretty cool stuff.

Damn that video was pretty... emotional ;-;

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide