Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2017 5:41pm | Report

Apparently Veigar crushes Vel'Koz, to the tune of 57% in favor of Veigar. Wasn't aware that matchup was that bad. Vel managed to roam and pick up a kill or two, but it was at the cost of his Mid inner turret by the 16 minute mark. Can we say not werth? I should have focused all my efforts on Bot lane. Tried ganking for Maokai a couple of times, but we couldn't quite do enough damage to kill Garen despite throwing everything he had at him. I was worried we wouldn't have enough damage with our comp, but thought we might be able to combo my ult into a vel ult and possibly an Ezreal ult and take team fights, but Veigar was fed enough that he could delete anyone on our team in short order, so they could easily split on us.

Going to add Ezreal to the list of champions that I don't care for very much having on my team. They too often lose lane.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2017 6:27pm | Report

Our Lee Sin got some work done in the early game. Every lane got going and did well. Lucian took a really horrible trade in lane when he dashed into their minion wave to get some harass off. It didn't kill him but kind of put us on the back foot for a while. I like Brand support, especially now that I am actually aware of how to do his combo properly. Harass with Pillar of Flame when they got last hit, then when you have them softened up, Conflagration > Sear > Pillar of Flame to get your passive Blaze to proc for the true damage. Hadn't quite figured that out post rework.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2017 8:06pm | Report

Our Darius got ****ped on by a Dr. Mundo. Our Lucian was positionally challenged and would not buy an Executioner's Calling. Freaking Runaan's Hurricane? And Morgana didn't buy a Morellonomicon. Neither did Darius. Sigh. And this is Gold. Sigh. I got one pretty early but I wasn't really beefy or sticky enough to make use of it until late game, so I should have held off on that purchase. We ACEd them leaving Lucian and myself up, we mistakenly opted for getting Baron, thinking we could get it in time and then back to save our Nexus turrets. Sad panda.

Enjoyed the Jax game. Got to the final level and they had a immobile AD carry so i could generally just jump on her and quickly take her out of the fight.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2017 9:09pm | Report

We got the counterpick Mid lane and Talon did work. He died a few times here and there, but generally he was creating a lot of pressure around the map. Bot lane eventually somewhat got themselves together and started winning a few and Renekton was doing okay in Top. That left me free to support whoever looked like they needed it most. Since Bot lane was precarious, I focused most of my attention down there, helping them pick up a couple of kills on Thresh which turned into Dragons.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2017 10:22pm | Report

Lulu beat the crud out of Kled early, but then they started trading kills and eventually, Kled started to get the upper hand, which Mid game he turned into some good ults to help our team get schtuff done. Apparently they felt they were far enough behind to give this one up. Tried stealing their Blue buff at one point. I got it, but then got collapsed on by three of them. So fooey on me.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2017 11:12pm | Report

Late game, the plan became shield Jinx and that worked out pretty nicely, despite her having a pretty rough early game, vs and Ezreal and Janna no less. Felt like one of those episodes of, my Janna and Ezreal Bot lanes vs their Ezreal and Janna Bot lanes. Pantheon was only doing so-so vs Amumu. Mid was doing okay. Bot lane was having troubles. I just wandered around stealing what I could from Rengar and trying to make plays where I could. Knock up from Daisy is super nice for peel.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2017 8:19pm | Report

Got off to a good start. Team tried to bobble it in the Mid lateish game, but we had enough of a lead that we were able to finish it out. Could have finished a lot sooner. Shen got caught trying to 1 v 3 and died. But he did have a super helpful ult that let me start the game off with three kills and no deaths after I picked up two kills and then had to run from Hecarim who came in for a counter gank. We sent Hecarim packing to the glue factory for a bit.

Need to remember to turn on my ult and need to be more deliberate about my combos as I can could be pulling off much more burst damage, if I remember to use Empower before Leap Strike and use the active on Hextech Gunblade when going in for a kill. Difference between bursting someone instantly and let them get some damage off or getting away entirely.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2017 9:24pm | Report

Couldn't really deal with the Fiora and couldn't get to Jinx. Ekko was pretty unimaginative with his tactics. Just throw a stun up and straight in. Probably should have sent him off to splitpush but he didn't have Teleport and didn't make much use of Ignite given how many times he killed Morgana. We managed to win some team fights, which I think gave us a false estimate of what we could manage. Also mah team was tactically and positionally challenged, trying to siege their Mid with no wards on either side. I felt like I might have been better off with Gragas then at least I could force out Fiora's Riposte with only one form of CC. Then disengage her with my ult if need be.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2017 9:39pm | Report
And Ghost + Smite support Hecarim. And no one else in champion select thought this was strange or bothered to dodge. Took one for the team there.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2017 11:10pm | Report

Finally got an S on Gragas. Yay! I need to figure out how to organize my team better once the outer towers come down. That is quite often a lull where my teams don't quite know exactly what to do. Get wards in for once thing. Maybe need a note for that. Really wish you could buy more wards. Like having the damage jungle items though, but sometimes would really like the extra vision from Tracker's Knife. Might have to experiment with it and see if I like it better.

Crazy back and forth in Top lane. Warded and spotted out Amumu. He tried to get Jax a couple of times. Eventually Fizz roamed up and we picked up a kill on Shen. Fizz was doing pretty well vs Lux, but then Amumu and Shen started tag teaming him when he went onto Lux, which was tilting Fizz a bit. Helped Bot lane murder Zyra and couple of times. Jax Teleported down and helped pick up a kill or two on their Bot lane, which eventually led to us getting the turret.

Come late game we kept winning team fights, but not really taking objectives after that. Could have gotten their Mid inner turret much earlier than we did, but Lucian backed. To be fair, he was rather low in health, but we had killed most of them so he wasn't in much danger.

One nice thing is that they were easy to itemize against, though late game, Vayne started to hurt since I didn't have any attack speed slow items, but we were generally able to delete her quickly in most fights.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide