Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2017 6:22pm | Report

Itemization made easy by the enemy team. Yasuo and Renekton chunked each other out early so I went in to gank Yasuo. I think he knew he was dead so he went for the all in on Renekton. Rene went down, but I killed Yasuo, so that netted us a kill and an assist. It was a little annoying to try and get on Sivir as she seemed to always have her Spell Shield available when I tried to engage. Fizz managed to kill multiple champions in several instances, which let us get objectives that pushed us into the lead.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2017 7:53pm | Report

Tracked to Top lane early. Helped Yasuo pick up a kill on Talon. Pinged out that Kayn was Bot side. Our Bot lane over stepped and their Bot lane went ham on them and sure enough Kayn shows up, but from out side of the jungle, which meant he got our Raptors and maybe tried to do Krugs, but left off of them to take advantage of the engage from their Bot lane. Double kill for their team. I cleared Gromp and scuttle crab on Top side since none of Kayn's jungle was obviously up. Then tried to gank Mid, but Kassadin Flashed to his tower and Ignited me, so I died. Sad tree.

Just tried to play catch-up in XP for a while after that since Kassadin was level 6 and I was level 4 at the time.

Bot lane was a worry because Nami kept getting deleted.

Oh, I went to ward their Blue buff and that turned out to be a bad idea as Kayn was there and so I got collapsed on by Kassadin, Kayn, Alistar, and in that process Jinx got solo killed by Xayah.

So need to consider if they have that much mobility, even warding that shallow can be a dangerous proposition. But I got that damn useless ward in!!!
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2017 9:34pm | Report

I didn't get any honors this game, but I kept my team on a leash after we fell way behind. I correctly recognized that we had good enough wave clear to stall out the game so we could catch up in levels, items, and character scaling. Every time that we got a kill, I just had them chill and wave clear. They had some engage Singed, but mainly it would be a surprise engage from Talon that would have probably ended us. We slipped up and let them get a tower and then an inhibitor and then another set of those, but inside our base we were able to deal with them reasonably well by that point in the game. We won a fight in our base and then were able to run it down Mid and take their Mid turret and inhibitor. Might have been able to finish but Vayne went Top and took their Top inner lane tower. We then backed off to Baron and caught and killed Lee Sin due to a ward I dropped. There were some other shenanigans, but eventually we got the Baron just before Lee could get there to try and steal it. With that we were able to run it down Bot lane and pick up all the objectives in that lane and push for the win.

I thought I put Vayne in a good position vs Singed by helping her kill him twice on a rinse and then repeat gank, but apparently not since she died to him pretty quickly thereafter. Then Lee and Singed thumped her.

Spent too much time trying to take the 2nd Dragon which was a Mountain Drake. I guess it was at a point in the game where they were just stronger than us. Super messy fight, but we came out on the wrong end of all that skirmishing to the point that we were very behind in terms of levels and out towers. It was a slog from there to scrape together what we could without giving up too much.

Take away, if a fight that looks good goes super poorly, check the Tab and make sure you aren't behind in levels. If you are then you are probably going to have to slow the game down if your team's scaling is as good as their team's scaling.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2017 9:24pm | Report

Ugh. This game was pretty much over when I went to ward Top lane, Master Yi came in behind Shen. I think Shen was backing off from Fiora due to a bad trade. Shen made the right play and ran towards me and we would have gotten out, except Orianna pinged that she was on her way so Shen and I decided to prolong the trade, except she didn't come or got delayed for some reason or was simply too far away, so we died and the Orianna died. Bang, two fed hypercarries. Awesome.

Later we had Jhin dead to rights, but Orianna who had waited around to set up the play walks past Jhin to try and kill the Master Yi who was backing under their turret. Orianna dies and Nami dies while trying to setup the Jhin for me and Orianna. If that had gone right, we would have cleanly picked up the Jhin and been a kill up from where we were. I was pretty much tilted out of the game over that, though I recovered somewhat during the course of the next few minutes.

Master Yi of course is then in all the right places to clean up a bunch more kills, though he did do a couple of stupid tower dives to help us out.

Against another comp we might have been okay, but not with all the true damage flying around and both Shen and myself behind in items relative to their carries.

Another fail point was we should have given up the Mountain Drake after getting Baron. We only got Baron because we managed to get some picks. They wiped everyone except Nami and she didn't even have Baron since she died to a Jhin ult shot (that was kind of my fault, I switched focus to monitor Baron's health for Smite so I didn't step in front of Nami, though to be fair she could have stood in a way that prevented her from being hit).

Points to consider. Shen and Maokai do not beat a Master Yi and Fiora in the early game. I should have walked off and let Shen get out or not or we should have walked out instead of reengaging when the Ori pinged she was coming unless she was literally a step behind us.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2017 10:32pm | Report

I should have dodged this game when we had a Xin Zhao lock in Top. Azir pubstomped the Viktor and then we couldn't deal with him at all. Can't even stand near a turret to try and defend it. Range nerfs he doth need. Once Tryndamere hit 6th level, while Xin could sometimes kill Tryn, Lee kept swinging by to clean up Xin after the fact. After one of those, Viktor decided to suicide to try and kill Lee Sin, but Azir was already over there so he just killed Viktor again.

And Lee Sin can die in dumpster fire too. Cleared Blue and immediately went to my Red and he still managed to get over there in time without showing up on the map at all of course and steal my Red buff. Granted I messed up my clear slightly by putting a sapling down 1 second early.

Seriously irritating to play well three games in a row and then have two WTF games in a row the following day.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2017 6:19pm | Report

Trying out Mobalytics so I decided to play some games even it is a Friday to get some up to date data in it.

I didn't have to do a lot this game. Fiora mauled Gnar in the early game and even though she died quite a few times after that she drew a bunch of pressure to here lane which allowed us to get a bunch of objectives uncontested. Katarina also wrecked and Bot lane did some work too.

Feel like a snail farming on Maokai. Still wish he had the damage on his saplings that they had earlier in the game, especially with gradual nerfing of all the tank items that he uses.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2017 8:54pm | Report

This is a comaprison for me (pink) vs other gold junglers (blue). My last two games have pretty similar distributions. Not quite sure what to make of the numbers, yet.

One of the comments it had in the pre-game analysis was hey you are the only real tank on your team so stick with your team and peel for you carries rather than engaging. I did get too far out in front of my team during one fight, so that is definitely something I need to consider moving forward.

Typical Gold Jungler numbers for comparison.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2017 10:00pm | Report

And needed to play something with some AP. Not really the matchup I would have preferred but couldn't think of an option that would do better.

Screwed up in lane and put all my abilities on cool down while too far from my tower and ended up dying to Fiora. I think it is awesome that she can drain tank more than a character designed to drain tank and she can buy an item that cuts my healing down by 40% every time she deals physial damage. At least Morellonomicon is gated by the 40% or lower health threshold. Lulu tried to come over and help me at some point which just ended up getting both of us killed.

Felt pretty useless aside from minion wave clearing duty. They made it past the 40 minute mark with 3 hyper carries on their team, so it didn't really matter that Zed could generally delete one of them, Twitch would just pop up and chunk us low enough that Fiora and Cassiopeia could finish us off with the CC from Rakan.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2017 10:55pm | Report

All the big tanks aside from Sejuani were banned so I opted for Dr. Mundo. Had a decent Jayce in Top lane. That is a character I always worry about because they need to snowball, which tends to require a lot of mechancial prowess. I didn't get up to Top lane until fairly late in early game. He killed Illaoi before I got there, but we were able to put a decent chunk of damage onto her tower forcing out her Teleport. Anivia did a good job with her roams, but so did Ekko, however his roaming resulted in their team getting the first tower bonus gold.

We took out Anivia's passive pretty early on and I rotated back to Mid to help Ekko finish her off. However, Alistar roamed down and helped Anivia get a kill on Ekko, but Twitch and Nami took out Ashe in return.

I just lobbed cleavers at people and ran in or out of the middle of the fight depending on what my team needed at the time.

Still having some trouble getting good use out of Rift Herald. I thought we could trade a turret for a Drake with it and unleashed in Top lane since it was about to expire, but it only took one good chunk out of the tower before they were able to take it out.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2017 1:58pm | Report

I made a heap of mistakes. However, one Baron steal later and we were back in the game. Blind 50-50, but I got it.

-Unless your name is Elise, just don't try to make plays near towers in the early game, especially without a minion wave at the tower. Towers and minions OP when you have a tiny health pool. If they can walk back to, flash back to, or somehow get near their turret, leave it alone.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide