Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2017 6:59pm | Report

Uh, thx of the carry? I pretty much didn't have anything to do except farm my jungle and poke my nose in the enemy jungle to try and track Kayn. Too bad Teemo didn't listen when I told him Kayn was Top side. Ah, well he kept Malphite in check otherwise.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2017 8:05pm | Report

We did pretty well in the early game. Mid game too, though I traded my life in a couple of cases I would rather not have. Late game though. We had them down one inhibitors and we kept trying to 1v3 them in their base to try and get their Nexus towers down. We got them, 1 at a time, in around three different tries of that. In one case I screwed up. We killed Rammus and I didn't consider that since I had Smite down we might have been able to get Baron despite my lack of Smite if I hadn't chased a couple of their team and ended up dying. :-( (embarrasement over the lack of thinking through objectives and our current capabilities). I believe that ended up splitting our team up which is what got me killed. Kog'maw could have ended the game earlier, but the chased Yasuo onto the fountain to kill him, so I wasn't the only one with a case of bloodlust. Still I shouldn't let me team drag me into that and I did not at some points which let me get an Infernal Drake and push some lanes out uncontested.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2017 9:45pm | Report

And this is a reminder of why I don't play ranked on Friday. Teamed up with Nautilus to kill Kled after we blew his flash. Rotated and took my raptors and krugs and came back for the repeat gank. In the mean time Bot lane gave up a double kill. Nautilus got manhandled after that. I helped Bot lane pick up a kill by coming in on their lane opponents from behind after clearing out a decent chunk of Volibear's jungle. Ahri roamed to Top lane an apparently pathed into a wall and died. With no laners doing well and their teams ability to force fights we weren't really even able to or really did we attempt to slow the pace of the game down to let Kog'maw scale. Not quite sure what I could have done better other than simply have prioritized Bot lane from the get go.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2017 4:07am | Report

And every one of my laners got absolutely **** on. Not much I could do with this one. Bot gave up and early double kill which let Jax and Nami invade me at my Red and steal it. Katarina almost killed Zed for a second time and wanted me to try and finish him off while I was in the process of stealing their raptor camp. No Kat, I'm not blind. He is just going to shadow away from me. I would rather get the farm that I can actually get. Eventually Katarina got tired of dying in Mid lane so she tried to roam to Top and gave Pantheon another kill.

Might download the replay on this one because I'm curious as to how Jax got from Top lane scuttle to Bot lane so fast. I was too low to contest for the scuttle and didn't have lane priority in either Top or Mid so I just walked away and went to base to heal up to finish the rest of my jungle route, which I mentioned got screwed by Bot lane giving up that double kill.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2017 5:10am | Report

Zero lane priority again. Yorick loaded late so he got proxied by Singed. I rotated over and killed Singed the second time he tried to proxy. But Yorick had no idea of how to deal with Singed which is kind of to ignore him until you have time to deal with him quickly in two and threes. Bot lane got dumpstered in lane. They managed to dish out a little utility and damage later in the game. Leblanc just kind of sat under turret and died a lot in lane. She did manage to avenge my death after Kha invaded me at my Blue buff. Syndra is kinda of gankable, but not win LeBlanc had no health the majority of the laning phase to follow up, because I need her to follow-up on Syndra after she knocks me away with her stun (assuming I don't manage to dodge it). Yorick just ended up tilted out of his mind and would not wait for me to be available to help him before trying to chase the singed around. Again, yes I can taunt him, but you have to not be dead for it to work. Sigh.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2017 10:25am | Report

Duoed with an Annie main that I friended at some point, though apparently they are mostly maining support now. They ended up with Mid so Annie it was.

The enemy team made itemization easy for me since they went all AD. I helped Riven kill Kayn early. We almost got Shen as well.

She returned the favor by being reasonably intelligent about how she went about split pushing, netting us a couple of towers here and there. Last fight of the game which was over Elder Drake she ended up picking up a pentakill.

Game felt reasonably balanced. They won some skirmishes here and there though we mostly ended up winning the teamfights aside from when we overstayed. They couldn't really kill me so I got away in the instances when my team overstepped.

I should have told the team to back out in once of those instances because they were respawning with the homeguard buff while we were still in their base, so need to keep that on my mental checklist. That can sometimes work out if they come at you one at a time, but will likely end poorly if they all respawn at once after having purchased and bring the fight to your team which is likely somewhat low on health and hasn't bought recently.
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2017 8:38pm | Report
Yo, I haven't been on MOBAFire in a while, but I think you need to reevaluate your League of Legends journey. You are now approaching 500 games and are in Gold 3, and I would say you are the definition of hard stuck. I see that you are attempting to diagnose your play and your teammates play, but if that isn't working because you are still in gold. You need to go back, and change something fundamental in the way you train and practice. If you are playing to have fun, then I apologize, and you can ignore the contents of this post. However, if your goal is to climb, then you are doing something wrong.
Thank you Jovy for this bomb *** sig!
Yamikaze
<Veteran>
Yamikaze's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2017 10:12pm | Report
@ FatelBlade LOL
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2017 6:53am | Report
FatelBlade wrote:
Yo, I haven't been on MOBAFire in a while, but I think you need to reevaluate your League of Legends journey. You are now approaching 500 games and are in Gold 3, and I would say you are the definition of hard stuck. I see that you are attempting to diagnose your play and your teammates play, but if that isn't working because you are still in gold. You need to go back, and change something fundamental in the way you train and practice. If you are playing to have fun, then I apologize, and you can ignore the contents of this post. However, if your goal is to climb, then you are doing something wrong.

Hey Fatalblade.

Out of curiosity, once you started playing ranked, how many games did it take you to get to Diamond for the first time?

I'm playing both for fun and to climb.

I know I still have lots of problems with my game play. I got some coaching a bit a go and one of the big problems was not farming my jungle camps in the Mid game so I've been working on that. There are still times in games where I don't know what the best use of my time would be. I need to work on tracking the enemy jungler more reliably.

Aside from that I've been helping a new player get into league, so I haven't been focusing the bulk of my time on ranked. You'll notice that my number of ranked games has dropped off considerably.

Some of that is from hesitation on my part. Pushing up into Gold 2 things seemed to get more struggly. I was getting tag teamed more in my jungle by say the jungler and the Mid laner coordinating together. Or just generally noticing the games being decided by one carry laner (at this stage some people are starting to learn their champs pretty well) and if I didn't pick the right one to get ahead we would end up getting screwed.

So far I've experienced climbing in sort of what I would describe as steps. Placements, maybe drop a rank or two. Get things figured out start climbing. Get stuck for a bit and then re-evaluate what I'm doing. Early this season hard farming to 6th and then ganking every where on Hecarim worked great. Then they nerfed Hec or he started getting banned out and so I had to try something else. Went back to Shyvana and stomped my way into Gold. Started getting kited or having the games extend out long as Shyvana so switched to tank junglers and ended up in Gold 2. Dropped back to Gold 3 where I'm currently sitting at 59 LP.

If you've got some suggestions I'd be happy to hear them!
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2017 7:34am | Report
Not sure, maybe a 100 games from unranked to P1, and another 200-250 to D5?

A big thing (IMO) is to stop writing about what your team did wrong. Its okay to acknowledge that a teammate may have had a negative impact on the game, but it seems as if you're focusing too much on it. It seems as if your posts in this thread are simply relaying what occurred in the game, with a tidbit here or there about what you should have done, or what team should have done. Instead of doing that, post about why you, and what you could have done instead to maximize your chances of winning.

If you play well every game, you will climb, assuming all other players are idiots. With that in mind, ranked is a numbers game. You have the numbers part down, but you need increased introspection. I went back a page and chose a random post, and this was the majority of it:

Team no itemize like I suggest. Get ****ped on by high damage mages.

Jayce sad because cheesed at level 2. But can't be bothered to watch our blue, which allowed for the cheese. He no build like he is losing to an AP champion. Apparently this is not why he was losing.

Yasuo kicks butt, then gets Yasuo disease and trys to take on world and starts losing which tilts him.

Ekko stomps on us.

Kind of forgot that Tristana and Soraka were in the game. Didn't seem to have much effect.

4 out of 5 lines in the above example are you criticizing your team for doing something wrong or not listening to you. I didn't watch the game, and it may all be true, but it shows that you are analyzing these games with the wrong mindset. You should be focused only on yourself. Every game that you get 4 idiots, there's someone on the enemy team with 4 idiots as well. You just need to play better than that guy and long term you'll climb.

This got sort of rambly at the end. I'm shivering and have to get to class, feel free to ask any other questions.
Thank you Jovy for this bomb *** sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide