Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2017 7:55pm | Report

The majority of the mega tanks were banned so opted for Jarvan IV as someone that could gank reasonably well to try and match the Elise.

We pinged out Elise's starting point. Irelia dies to a gank from her. Then Lissandra trades a kill with her. Like really people? Elise kept overdiving Lissandra which allowed her to pick up a couple of more kills on Elise and some on Zed. After the first death Irelia stomped on Galio and took her turret while there was a party in Bot lane. Our team was not coordinated. We kept fighting even when one of our team was off clearing waves or actively trying to split push, but we mostly came out ahead in the constant onslaught. Glad to break the losing streak but this was definitely a messier game than it needed to be.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2017 8:45pm | Report

And our Bot lane screwed themselves and then started flaming each other. The End.

I managed to get some things done but we weren't winning this thing with an 8-0, at that point in the game, Vayne and our ADC inting by refusing to group with the team and trying to solo Vayne any time the two ran across each other. My team was so distracted that they were either chasing for kills or running for their lives and not protecting defendable turrets. Not a recipe to win a game.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2017 10:00pm | Report

Planned for Blue side 3 camp clear. Then decided that I should probably try and get Riven ahead so I would do a Blue > Wolves > Red clear and told Riven I would gank Top if she didn't have Darius pushed in. I don't know why I bother telling laners this. They never listen. Riven had Darius pushed into his turret, which is all well and good because I was too low in health to gank. I've noticed that I've been low on clears with her after three camps. This time I started Hunter's Machete since I would be starting blue, but perhaps Hunter's Talisman is the better choice for Sejuani in all cases? Also I could run Runic Armor for the increased healing rather than Veteran's Scars .

Jarvan IV was able to get more done early in the game then I was. They had Mid pressure and Lux was able to roam around with J4 and get things done. Riven was doing decently against Darius, though that required some interference from me to keep J4 off her, which cost me time clearing my camps. Bot lane lost when Caitlyn pushed up too far without her support and died for it. She rinsed and repeated that a second time for good measure. They also didn't see/didn't respond to pings that J4 was incoming at least twice which cost them more pressure. That means we didn't have any control over the Dragon pit.

They got their kills on the right champions and we weren't able to deal with them in a team fight.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2017 11:34pm | Report

Yay! Back in the black as far as LP goes. Decided to go back to an old favorite since a good chunk of the tanks were banned. Top lane got ****ped on. He worried at the start of the game that the jungler would camp his lane and his wishes came true. He then tilted and took a bunch of bad fights with Riven. I was rotating to help him when I noticed our Mid tower was going down and I had to get over there and run Gangplank off. Fizz roamed a lot and picked up kills but it was in trade of the outer Mid tower (not my favorite thing for a Mid laner to let happen). I would have liked to have helped Urgot more, but I was getting work done on the other side of the map whether it be picking up some kills or assists or getting dragons. Also Riven ended up two levels ahead of me, so I didn't think much of our chances of killing her. Fortunately Fizz did some work there.

Oh, did I mention that Bot lane also got ****ped on? Urgot was pissing and moaning and trying to surrender and the Fizz was like "Shut up Urgot. They have no tanks. I'll kill the lot of them myself." While he didn't quite manage to do that he routinely killed off Gangplank at the start of fights or took out one of their other carries and we were able to win teamfights off the back of that.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2017 11:25am | Report

Tahm Kench got ****ped on in Top lane because he wouldn't respect the pontential of a Lee Sin gank, so Lee rinsed and repeated on Top lane. We were doing well in Mid and Bot lane, but Mid game my team started chasing kils rather than objectives so not only did we lose a Cloud Drake that we could have easily gotten cleanly, their team ended up with a double kill on us. After that, Soraka literally lost all sense of map awarness and died over and over and over. At that point my team just started going in one by one and dying which started costing us objectives and finally the game. Irritating that this was a winnable game, but my team kept handshaking on really bad ideas.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2017 12:02pm | Report

Had a good team. Everyone did well in lane and made some rotations to help each other out and mostly went for objectives when they should have rather than chasing kills. Had a nice four man ult to end the game.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2017 6:40pm | Report

And ****. Only 11 LP for that win. Not sure why since our teams were fairly evenly matched. Hoping I am not at the point of losing more LP than I gain for wins. :(

Had to mute the Thresh quickly, both chat and pings. Why is our jungler counter jungling. Maybe because I was on the other side of the map when the dive went down, so I figured I would make something of it and then try to gank Maokai after. Which I did, but that turned out to be a terrible idea because he got near enough to to Flash. I still thought I could kill him, but he rooted me for long enough for the turret to take me out. Sad day.

The pace on this game was frenetic. We kept fighting and I didn't always have time to allow for my passive to come up, so I ended up dying a lot. They did a helluva lot of physical damage and despite having Thornmail and working into Randuin's Omen they kept blowing me up. Fortunately having that damage go on me meant that the squishier people on my team weren't taking it.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2017 7:56pm | Report

Our team comp did not deal well with theirs at all. We needed a tank such as Braum to peel for our back line, because if I went in that just gave Rammus and Warwick access to our back line.

Had to mute our idiotic Bot lane both pings and chat pretty quickly. They kept spamming chat and pings to the point that I couldn't think about what I needed to do. And it isn't setting in your lane babysitting you. Once chat was quiet I could decided that the right thing to do was go gank for them, despite them giving up two or three early kills. And it worked out nicely.

Have to add Veigar to the list of champions that is irritating to deal with as Zac as you can't slingshot through his stun without getting CCd. Janna is the other really irritating champion.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2017 8:42pm | Report

Okay, back to +20 a win. Wondering if that -8 should have been deducted from when I was below zero LP on the first win to put me back in the black. Maokai is annoying. Especially when their jungler camps you to boot. Fortunately I got to the point that I could kill trade when they ganked me so keep them two of them busy while they killed me turned out to be worthish.

Aatrox in the process of keeping me down also did some damage to our jungler but fortunately Bot and Mid lane were doing well enough and our scaling put us over the hump after we cobbled together a couple of good team fights, one of which worked out well because I Teleported in, so happy about that.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2017 9:33pm | Report

And this game was pretty much won by Blitzcrank. Soraka and Anivia could not find a hook that they didn't like. I beat up Teemo in lane pretty well, but since at least one member of my team was dead 247, it made it kind of hard to do anything. Teleported to Bot lane but only really secured the kill on Blitzcrank, well and we also got and Ocean Drake off of that, so I guess werf.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide