Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2018 8:29pm | Report

Okay, what is my win condition in this game? I was first pick. I picked a champion I have around a 60+% win rate on.

I built Ninja Tabi and went into a Dead Man's Plate right after that. Still just get vaporized by Talon or Kha'Zix. And Rito, why would you nerf the ability of assassins to instagib someone and then give them and item that helps them instagib targets and helps them get rid of vision. At least in the bad old days they were forced into a Oracle Lens if they wanted to know if they were standing on a ward.

I seem to always struggle vs AD assassins Mid combined with a jungler that supports or just follows up behind them. I mean Xin is pretty good duelest, but that combo is ridiculous.

Got Red. Both scuttle crabs. Ganked Top and pushed Darius out of lane. Helped Bot lane pick up a kill. And that was about it.

If I look at it after the fact, my team is kinda **** at rotating compared to the enemy team, three of which can go over walls. That might be something I have to think about when looking at an enemy comp. Can my team match their rotations? If not then dodge unless I want to have a really bad time.
Hamstertamer
<Veteran>
Hamstertamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2018 8:41pm | Report
VexRoth wrote:

Okay, what is my win condition in this game?

Have you tried 5-man pushing mid?

You had a Ziggs lineup against an assassin lineup.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2018 8:50pm | Report

Have you tried 5-man pushing mid?

You had a Ziggs lineup against an assassin lineup.

Eh by the time that might have been an option Kai'Sa would get deleted by Kha'zix or Talon and Ziggs would also get deleted and of course both assassins would get back out with at least half health so they could turn around and tag team someone else.

I think we needed to lick out wounds and turtle to get through the Mid game without giving up too many deaths. Basically things started going to ***** as soon as Talon and Kha'zix got their duskblades and we didn't respect that well enough. We could have really used some more CC as well to try and keep them pinned down long enough to get a kill if they overstepped.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2018 10:01pm | Report

To be honest I don't really understand the jungle at the moment. They changed it so you can't get level 3 off of three camps. But what this basically means is that unless you devote yourself entirely to farming (assuming you are playing a champion that is effecient at farming (not Rammus)) you will probably end up at level 4 by the time your laners are hitting level 6.

So they traded junglers hitting 3 before the laners, which did feel kind of ****py, for the problem that junglers get behind if they try to be active on the map outside of farming. But since games are beind decided by 30 minute mark, just farming isn't usually a great option.

I get that it is a balancing act, but it is a frustrating when it is out of whack on either side. I mean laners already get more gold assuming they can last hit and their XP walks right up to them. XD

Anyway, Akali popped off in the early game. Luckily she and Warwick threw the game by being overly aggressive and overextending when we had enough CC together to pin them down.

I love Akali's new Twilight Shroud. That thing feels fantastic to gank vs. It has a 17 second cool down at rank 1. So, you have to wait for her to use it and then get on Top of her immediately afterwards or you will miss your window of opportunity.

Fiddlesticks played ring around the tower with three of them and managed to kill Warwick, Akali, and Jinx. Kind of beautiful in a sad sad way. XD
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2018 8:17pm | Report

Urgh. Blitzcrank was a walking bag of gold for them early and mid game. That set Xayah up with about five kills. We never managed to coordinate for much of anything as a team. I think we got one drake that I insisted that we get, otherwise my team would have gone to do other things and unfortunately it was only Cloud Drake.

Diana gets ganked by Rengar in the early game. I'm there to thwart the gank. She walks back in and eats a !second! gold card from Twisted Fate and dies. She did surprisingly well given that level of derp, but it only worked when the were isolated and started failing when they grouped.

Oh and Blitzcrank led Poppy to me while I had Rift Herald down to abouy 1/3 hp. Like wtf? That could have let us break a turret or two earlier in the game.

Late game, just entirely too much CC to deal with. Diana and I just got bounce housed. Literally CCd so long I could even ult targets.

Not really sure who I should be first picking. I seem to get **** on if I pick Xin Zhao first, hence the Kayn pick. Kayn just feels so anemic in the early game.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2018 9:24pm | Report

....so to start this one off Jinx and Shen both DCd so they were late to getting to the jungle. I was watching one invade path, but not the other (I guess I should have switched to the other under the circumstances so that was my mistake. Syndra walks into ward, which should have clued me in that something was weird as that is not a champion that wants to facecheck until they can just one shot everything even if surprised. Anyway, I took a risk and leveled up Frenzying Taunt, except it was actually Defensive Ball Curl, so anywho Syndra was able to Flash away right into her entire team and I Flashed after her. Sad dillo.

After that Shen and Jinx had zero pressure Top side and so Thresh and Jhin kept shoving the wave in and roaming down the river, so I actually could not get a gank off into Bot side and had to constantly be on my toes every time they disappeared because Syndra or Xin Zhao was often following them around.

Anyway, I should have just help Irelia stomp Top even further. I'm actually terrible at supporting my strong laners and I need to figure out how to get better at that.

Late game ever time we won a fight, there would be one of them left and they would end up deleting two of our team negating our ablility to do anything with our momentary advantage.

Rammus isn't tanky enough. XD Yeah, let's see how much armor penetration does Gangplank get? And Syndra does true damage under certain conditions.

The sad thing was that their Xin Zhao was pretty usesless aside from his ult to block projectiles, but we still couldn't coordinate well enough to win.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2018 10:26am | Report

Whoot, two winning lanes and a lane that was going even! We had a good early game with Tryndamere and Corki picking up some kills. Corki got package and went Bot lane and we picked up some more kills.

Then we had the early game outplay. Lee flanked our Bot lane by coming through out jungle, that set us back by a lot since we lost our Bot laners, bot turret, and a good chunk of damage on our Bot inner turret.

We then started hemorraging turrets across the map, but I used Predator, Flash, Body Slam, and Explosive Cask to bounce Tristana into our team. That got us their Mid inner turret and I believe another Drake.

Then Corki and I believe Nami caught Lee Sin. With him dead we took Baron and pushed their base down.

Had an irritating death to Lee Sin early game. He caught me at my Raptors right as I Smited the big one at like just a hair off of killing it. He Smited it and got enough health that I was screwed. He did have to Flash for it though.

And another stupid death after the tower dive on Bot lane. There were three of them and Tristana and maybe ? Lee Sin? were low, so I thought I would go for a couple of revenge kills, but I didn't have the damage and they were able to kite me out of I used all my abilities. Though I honesty I think it is one of those plays you have to go for in order to keep up team morale. Like yes, it is bad that I died, but the team could see the reason for the attempt (this guy will go for it), which made sure the team followed up on some of my later plays like when I popped Predator and went after Tristana and Blitzcrank.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2018 10:37am | Report
And dodge since I had a B2 Rakan support with a 23% winrate.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2018 11:25am | Report

This game went like this. Who takes Ignite on Garen?

I screwed up and ganked Mid lane with my ult before backing for my damage and I actually knew Graves was in the area. Should have backed and saved the ult for Bot lane. It is also possible that Veigar had Event Horizon on cool down and/or he already ulted? I don't know as he just stood there and didn't do anything. So not knowing and or not pinging sufficiently to let him know I was coming in are my bad.

Pro-tip. Do Not ping your jungler that you want something when they are on the opposite side of the map.

You do realize we constantly have three lanes pinging at us, right?

Say something useful like Bot no summoners, lane pushing, come gank free kill or even better kill(s).

Something weird happend in a late game team fight in our base. Zyra ulted Varus and he took no damage. As in their was no difference in his health bar before or after the ult which he just stood in. I thought for sure he should be dead, but no joy.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2018 12:32pm | Report

Well, given how hard these games are to win even if we have a lead, I'm guessing I deserve to be where I am at.

Caitlyn: They have a fed Fizz, but that juicy farm.

Caitlyn on revive. "Ooo, another wave where I can go be by myself and just soak up all that delicious gold and XP."

On revive. "I have a Guardian Angel now, so if I get caught out by myself vs Fizz it will be K...................."

Like my team is literally pinging her incessantly to get out of the side lane and be with the team you dope.

Lost Baron to a Smite + Consume combo from Nunu & Willump. Sweet. Did manage to steal Elder Drake from him and get Baron uncontested.

I'm pretty sure that Nunu is pretty close to freelo for Trundle assuming your lanes don't hard int so he gets to and unkillable stage.

Speaking of Trundle, man do I feel the difference on Chomp after the nerfs. Feelsbad. Please give back, RITO. I can only seem to win on Trundle.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide