Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2017 6:51pm | Report
FatelBlade wrote:
Well my post got wrecked by MOBAFire and I'm too tired to retype it but the gist was:
Play Amumu
Ignore teammates
Watch high elo streams/replays and compare yourself to them. If they do something you wouldn't ask yourself why.

Who in high ELO actually plays Amumu? Just not someone I ever see in Master Tier+, which covers most of the streamers that I've tuned into.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2017 6:51pm | Report

My team just all earned at least an S-. Almost dodged this one too, since I wasn't sure about the Caitlyn Mid pick, but she made GP cry.

Teamed up with Kayle to kill Illaoi in my first gank of the game. I kept spotting out Warwick and being there for counterganks. Kayle and I picked up another kill that way. After that Kayle stomped Illaoi. Counterganked a WW Bot lane gank. He got Jhin, but we got him. Then counterganked him when he tried to go on Caitlyn and we got him again. Berserk doggy was hating life.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2017 7:05pm | Report

Games before the most recent Vi game.

Jarvan IV game Hecarim and Vi were banned. I got blamed for a poor laning phase because of picking a non-META champion. Really? And the Mordekaiser Top who keeps pushing out without wards and dying isn't a bit odd and contributing to our loss? Don't think it is the champion choices that were so much the problem in that game.

Sivir game. My Thresh kept setting me up kills. Unfortunately he also followed Rengar on a few "adventures" that got them both killed. But I was nice and big going into Mid game.

Evelynn...eh, Ivern got banned first thing and we needed some AP. I don't know why I bother trying to play assassins, I seem to suck on them whether or not I get fed early game. E.g. if I get fed it doesn't necessarily translate into me being able to carry or my laners being able to take advantage of the advantages I've given them.

Ivern. I like the other tree dude. Helps me counterjungle which I feel is a weakness in my game. Also not having to set there and kill camps lets me think about my lanes more, which I feel like is a plus.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2017 4:13am | Report

Nami AFKd at the turret after her first death. That means that Bot lane got crushed. She definitely helped later in the game, but that was a little late. Ziggs had some good plays, but kept getting caught out in places he shouldn't be, the last of which cost us a Baron. Quinn tried to backdoor while they were pushing down our Mid lane, but it was just their tanks and that fed Draven quickly killed her. With Quinn and Ziggs dead they just ran it down Mid.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2017 4:22am | Report

Should have dodged this one as both me and my duo partner were autofilled and Vayne jungle + all the enemy teams basically point and click CC. I switched my duo partner support for Top. Irelia got first blood on Pantheon but that was pretty much the only good note to come from that lane. Pantheon was pretty quickly up two levels on her. Caitlyn was touched. She made many bone headed plays and positioning errors that cost her life. Mid lane wasn't doing horrible, but between, Top, Bottom, and Jungle being behind it was looking and ended ugly.

For my part I got myself killed or chunked a time or two trying to get wards in so we could see better. Again all that point and click CC made it hard to get away from them, so if they found me out of position I was boned if no one from my team came over for me to jump to and I should have respected that more.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2017 11:02pm | Report

Well this didn't go well. After Riven fed three kills to Cho'Gath she just started roaming around the map, diving in and handing more kills to their laners. Zyra bought no Sightstone and kept walking into Teemo who was invisibly camping the bushes in Bot lane. Riven ganked my lane and I'm like well, I can go for this and maybe get ahead enough to make a difference or it is gg. Considering it was pretty much gg already I went for the all-in and it didn't pan out.
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2017 4:53am | Report
VexRoth wrote:

Who in high ELO actually plays Amumu? Just not someone I ever see in Master Tier+, which covers most of the streamers that I've tuned into.

You won't see him in high elo, the point of playing Amumu is to master an easy champion that allows you to focus on more game play focused skills. Especially at lower elos, he can be really strong.
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the awesome PsiGuard-loving sig!
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2017 10:32am | Report
FatelBlade wrote:

You won't see him in high elo, the point of playing Amumu is to master an easy champion that allows you to focus on more game play focused skills. Especially at lower elos, he can be really strong.

Ah my brain translated your list into

>Watch high elo streams/replays that play Amumu and compare yourself to them. If they do something you wouldn't ask yourself why.

And I was like...uh, who dat be?

Will think about it. I have reservations about Amumu because A) I manage to turn Despair off all the freaking time when I'm playing him and B) really get annoyed at how often I get invaded when I'm playing him C) Contrary to what people say, people in Silver don't always take Amumu's ult as a go button. I know, because I've been sitting in the middle of the enemy team too many times by myself with my ult just expired and my team having done nothing.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2017 11:26pm | Report

Wow Bot lane was bad. I stole several of Nocturne's early camps including Blue buff which if I were playing Nocturne would destroy me. But he managed to get 3 early kills despite the handicap. Twisted Fate bless his heart, kept walking into three of them every time he roamed or ulted into three of them with no help nearby. Gangplank was not winning against Illaoi as he got most of his kills elsewhere on the map so we had Miss super annoying breathing down Top lane the majority of the game.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2017 1:56am | Report

Going to have to try Ignite + Smite Evelynn if I am going to keep playing her. Sans CC I just don't seem to be able to finish off those early kills in order to get ahead enough to actually feel like I'm making a difference in skirishes and fights later in the game. This game no one was really winnning lane. Everyone always had their Flash up when I came by, so while I'd get some damage down we didn't secure kills. Died but picked up two assist when I ganked for Illaoi but she didn't really do anything with it the rest of the game.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide