Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2017 2:04am | Report

This was tricky. I helped Lissandra get ahead early game. Bot lane was was constantly pushed to their turret, so I did try ganking for them and we were able to chunk the opposing laners out of lane a time or two, but they would just come back and shove our lane under turret again. Felt like Tristana was just hands down a better ADC than Varus and their Zilean was actually pretty accurate with his double bombs. Did try to spend some time Top lane but Kennen was cagey enough that we never caught him. Lissandra tried to roam Bot lane, but Kennen Teleported in and murdered them all, which really felt like the game changing fight as we were kind of even at that point. After they were just able to brute force our towers down with Tristana and their engage. Though we had a Janna....

Getting smoked in Silver 5 games. Awesome.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2017 8:00pm | Report

Autofilled as support. I figured Quinn would have a Camille sitting on her all game, so I thought Lulu might be a good option.

Dr. Mundo was right that we were not following up very well on objectives after team fights. Were he was wrong was running into their entire team and dying when the rest of us weren't in position to follow-up with him. Then they got the objectives.

We managed to get a couple of picks all at once, which allowed us to get Baron and the run it down Mid.

Pretty sloppy overall, but I'll take the V.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2017 9:09pm | Report

Hmmm, maybe I need to take a break from jungle? We got 4 manned which is how Jhin died once. Other than that this game was pretty smooth sailing. Went Morellonomicon after Sightstone to deal with the Soraka healing and the Dr. Mundo. Turned out not to be that important since our team was stomping. Jhin was pretty aggressive in lane and used his 4th shot to good effect. We actually managed to get enough poke down to kill Sivir when she stayed on rather low health. I got some good deep wards in that allowed us to spy out Lee Sin which meant we were able to walk away from most of his gank attempts and it allowed Talon to make some aggressive plays in that side of their jungle.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2017 11:33pm | Report

Our Jhin had some lag issues at a crucial moment in lane and walked back into them after I had managed to help him get to safety so he died as a result. Nasus was...I don't really know what the Nasus's problem was, but he kept runnning straight into their entire team just to try and get to their back line, except by that point the rest of us were already dead or too low to follow-up. Wukong got fed early and was just wrecking our backline. Would have been nice to have say wither to help slow him down. it took us so long to kill Maokai that their team was either able to get to him in time to help or they had time to freaking respawn and come back into the fight. In short, a clown fiesta that could have probably been won if our team had played just a bit more systematically.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2017 11:37pm | Report

We went to do and invade and Amumu walked behind us so we turned around and killed him. Bot lane and Mid were doing well. Gangplank seemed new to GP given when he was using his oranges, but most of the time it didn't cost them too badly. Their map rotations or vision weren't good (probably because Amumu didn't have a Sightstone I see now) so we were able to get advantages simply by spotting them out on the other side of the map and taking advantage of the situation.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2017 4:58pm | Report

Went Tankarim since there was plenty of damage on my team and their team was all AD. Worked out okay though I felt a bit anemic. Dead Man's Plate feels like a really expensive awkward buy. Maybe that is just because it commonly comes after Trinity Force which is alos a really expensive and sometimes awkward (three item) buy. Tristana was kind of like a little 1 yordle phalanx. She just kept marching forward and auto attacking her targets to death with a bit of help from Nami to keep her targets slowed and CCd. Kind of funny to watch. My duo partner, the Talon kept the GP under control and did some decent roaming to help out of other lanes
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2017 6:07pm | Report

Had and unfortunate start when Warwick managed to turn around my gank on Camille. Riven went down. But I came over later and helped Riven kill Camille. Riven pretty much owned the lane after that.

Went standard Trinity Force build this game. Jungle clear gets much smoother, but you are squishy for longer. I needed to build both MR and Armor. Maybe Guardian Angel first in that case?

Pretty messy, but Riven and eventually Kayle were doing well. With Poppy to run interference and me to try and keep Miss Fortune alive we started to win team fights on a consistent basis though they were often close.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2017 7:41pm | Report

The early game didn't go so well in Mid, Bot, or for the Jg. Miss Fortune - "I'm so bad." unsaid by me, "Why, yes. Yes, you are bad." We survived two Jax ganks and actually came out ahead. I backed to get a Sightstone, MF stayed on low health and mana to harrass Braum under turret. She died for it. Several other times she died because she simply wasn't map or positional aware enough. Lux spent Mid game in our lane after dumpstering Diana.

I probably should have gotten some magic damage to try and help carry the game. I struggle with the number of actives that modern supports have the potential to have to manage.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2017 9:00pm | Report

Cho'Gath asked about invading since I noted that Amumu didn't have Flash. The calculus in my head went something like like, hmmm, we have Pantheon, me, and Cho'Gath. That seems like it gives us reasonably good catch potential and if we take their Blue buff away from Amumu, so much the better. So we invaded. Jhin even came over to join in the fu. We chunked their team out and then stayed long enough to take Blue buff which is really good for setting Amumu behind.

The game was one constant fight and we kept coming out ahead including getting dragons and the Rift Herald. Pantheon had good ults to set up fights and secure kills and objectives.

I kept being too low around Garen and getting ulted by him for it. Need to remember to stay away from that dude when on low health. Though I think it was worth in all instances since we traded an objective for basically just my life, generally after I had already unloaded all my damage.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2017 9:44pm | Report

Yay a game, where I felt that I was carrying. Our lanes were doing well, but this game really turned on the 2nd dragon fight, where I picked up a kill and IIRC Diana picked up a double kill. That netted us, I believe, our 2nd infernal drake. From there we were able quickly rotate and knock down all their outer towers. Then it was just a matter of not screwing up too badly. Only disappointment was my team not helping me get the Rift Herald before it despawned. Though to be fair Fiddlesticks did help, but he kept trying to drain it rather than just autoattacking it.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide