Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Wayne3100's Quest for Platinum (Season 3)

Creator: Wayne3100 November 25, 2012 4:47pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2013 3:28pm | Report
Tiamat >>>>>>>> Brutalizer. 100% after testing.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2013 3:41pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

I do usually build The Brutalizer, just maybe not as early as I could at times. Getting ahead early (using 21/9/0) and relying on his base damages to snowball while building tanky has worked out pretty well for me in general though, which is why you'll often see several tank items first. It's not really "full tank" until late game just because of his damage being pretty insane even without damage items.

I guess I could experiment with a more offensive build. Would that be a Tiamat rush then? Or after a Sunfire Aegis or something like that?

You don't want a Brutalizer at all. Brut is best against low armor targets who aren't buying armor. In top lane, if people see a Renekton their first buy will be a Chain Vest or similar, and so your Brut will be practically be useless.

I'd say if you're even or ahead, rush Hydra since you get so much innate tankiness from just your ultimate.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2013 3:45pm | Report
I..... said I don't build it early in lane though, I always go for tanky items first :P

In teamfights I'm going to be focusing / zoning squishies anyway, but I'm not sure how much better/worse it is than Tiamat at that stage.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2013 9:41am | Report

Game 183

Solo Queue

Probably my last game of the season as I'll be playing in the Community Cup tomorrow and plat is too far away at this point anyway.

Our "plat V" Olaf (who was fourth in the picking order, behind Kha'Zix, Taric and me) fed top two kills and then went afk. Kassadin also roamed really well and was pretty damn strong despite mostly gaining assists.

Bit of a sad ending, but meh, **** happens.

LP: 60

Final Thoughts

Don't worry, I won't make quite as long a post as I did last season (for those of you who forgot the horror I speak of, you can find it here), there are just a few things I want to get out there.

Although season 3 might look like it was rather unsuccessful for me, I am pretty happy about it overall. At the end of season 2, I was happy about my play, but I was getting tired of playing my main role (support) and wasn't comfortable when being forced into some of the other roles (though, to be fair, if you want support you'll get it most of the time).

This season, I learned to play a new role (top) which I can now safely say is the role I enjoy most and feel most comfortable in. I also feel I've improved a lot as a player in pretty much all other roles, which means I don't have to worry about doing horribly when being forced into playing something. Most of all, I'm happy about the improvements I made in terms of team fighting, as playing various roles has helped me better understand what I should be doing and who I should be focusing as a result of that.

At the same time, there are still things I can work on, such as inconsistency, worrying too much about having a mediocre start (for example when I miss a lot of cs early for no reason) and some role-specific things such as keeping track of timers as a jungler. In addition to this, I think it is most important for me to make sure I play more ranked next season. Even though I've played a good bit more than last season (183 vs 48 games), I am still unable to spam games because I always feel like quitting after a win ("that was good, next game might be horrible, plsno let's stop now") or loss ("that was horrible, let's not do that again") and it is something I should definitely work on despite my anxiety.

Overall, it might be a bit disappointing not to have ended higher, but my MMR has still always been higher than the division I was in, so I have actually played enough games against high gold / platinum players and I think I can safely say there's no reason for me not to be able to reach platinum or higher easily next season.

Thanks to everyone who followed my thread, I'll cya guys around! :)

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide