Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Help with versatile champions

Creator: unosnow May 2, 2015 11:30am
unosnow
<Member>
unosnow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2015 11:30am | Report
So i have been using Fizz allot because i feel like he can jungle/mid/top all very well right now.

I also want to pickup Naut because i assume he can top/supp/jung

I think it would be easier to learn 1 champion that can play multiple roles and practice those.

Right now in ranked i play
Main jung Shyv/Vi
Supp Nami
Top Irelia

Its a pretty small champ pool im selecting from :) so i wana add new champs. How do Fizz and Naut sound? and can these champs fill multiple rolls?
what other champs can fill multiple rolls
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2015 11:36am | Report
Fizz got gimped pretty hard recently, so I wouldnt suggest him. (Not even sure where/how hes being played anymore, I only see him AP mid now)

Naut is a good pick, but he's on the lower spectrum of viability for top laning and jungling. (Jungle is doable, top lane not advised)

My personal suggestions;
Kayle; she can be used as an effective mid or top lane, and is even a decent jungler. Her supporting is kind of "meh" but it's doable. Kinda.

Cho'Gath; Cho is currently loving the tank meta, and sees play as tanky top laner or jungler and hes even effective as an AP mage mid.

Gragas; OP as hell jungler that also has a decent top lane and support game.

Hope this helps. :]
unosnow
<Member>
unosnow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2015 11:46am | Report
That makes me sad i hate all those champs lol
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2015 1:30pm | Report
Lulu is pretty much all-in. You can play her wherever you want it even as ADC or Jungler.
Sir Wellington
<Member>
Sir Wellington's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2015 3:49pm | Report
Give Xin Zhao a try. His kit is easy to learn and might look simple, but you can use him in top lane or jungle and play a LOT of different roles for your team, depending on what they need, ranging from snowbally assassin to full tank and everything in between.

Nidalee is also a good champion to have in your back pocket since she can go pretty much anywhere.

Check out my manly Xin Zhao guide for manly men!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2015 6:30pm | Report
Do note that these champions can fill multiple roles. That doesn't mean it's a good idea. If you want to learn a certain role, I'd advise you to pick a champion that's "made for the role", so that you can pick up the right playstyle more easily.

You're in danger of balancing around the edge of "if it has CC, it must be a great support", and that's not a pretty spot in my opinion.

If you just want to be a cool kid, playing a champion in every role because you can, the suggested champions in this thread will probably give you an easier time. If you want to ease into a new role or play for the best results, I would not advise playing AP glass cannon Cho'Gath, support Kayle or AD carry Nidalee.

To be a cool kid, I'd recommend stuff like Jarvan IV, Ezreal and Kennen. Annie's "versatile" too. Though in the end it all depends on your knowledge of and skill with the champion and the role you're playing it in. And in this case especially on the lack thereof on your opponents' side.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2015 11:34pm | Report
Naut can double up as a support, and a pretty mediocre jungler. In terms of doubling up, the first two champions that come to my head are Lulu, and Sion.
Lulu can be played, mid, top, and support. I've heard some people even play her jungle, although i'd recommend that you play her in one of the three aforementioned roles more.
Sion can be played as a jungler, or a top laner.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 5:38am | Report
A few decent champs for three roles/lanes.

Mage:

Morgana - Top, Mid, Supp

Karma - Top, Mid, Supp

Lulu - Top, Mid, Supp

Tanky:

Alistar - Top, Supp, Jung

Nautilus - You already mentioned him. top, supp, jung

Nunu & Willump - Top, supp, jung

Melee:

Kha'Zix - Top, Mid, Jung

Gangplank - Top, Mid, Jung

Diana - Top, Mid, Jung
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 12:32am | Report
Naut is a good pick, but he's on the lower spectrum of viability for top laning and jungling. (Jungle is doable, top lane not advised)

I disagree. I ran into him as Irelia in ranked a while ago, and considering how strong he seemed I tried it out myself after. I can't exactly say I have much experience on it (so I wouldn't know which matchups he might have to avoid, for example), but he feels ridiculously strong and I would say he's easily viable top.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2015 10:56am | Report
Nautilus is Godlike, get Nautilus.

Nautilus.

Also, Sion can go to every lane and do, at least, decent. His sustain can make him a semi-viable mid laner (since you max his E) especially if you rush Visage. His support ability is similar to Nautlius in that they're just FULL of CC. Just oozing CC from every possible direction.
Eyy

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide