Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Riven Thoughts?

Creator: Redfable September 14, 2011 3:05pm
20 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Redfable
<Member>
Redfable's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2011 3:05pm | Report
How is she guys?? OP? UP? Balanced? Got any good stories to share with her?
Anyone feel like smurfing??

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e1c7a6fb3ad3554662705

Help me out if you feel like it
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2011 5:56pm | Report
UP from what ive seen.

/waits for someone to use triforce on her and everyone say shes op

JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2011 6:04pm | Report
It's only been a day...

Come back in 3~5 days.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
unosnow
<Member>
unosnow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2011 7:58pm | Report
Shes fun as hell to play, but her q it does weird things with targeting...

If you start off and Q in someones direction, and then move your mouse over them and Riven is facing a difrent direction while you spam another Q she will go the wrong way, so you really have to be carefull because Q is like your whole load and if you land it wrong you just devistated your damage and put yourself out of position. So basically mastering Riven has allot to do with mastering your Q.

Other then that the general thoughts about her is shes UP, i think shes fairly balanced maybe not the best tanky deeps (garen def better) but i can see where she might shine,

Her ult is great and the fact you can pop it once your in a team fight, get the bonus DMG from it and as soon as someone gets low toss your wave i really like that play style.

Also her initiate ability is great too, dash in with shield cut soon as their carry enters the battle cut him up with some Q-AA-Q-AA-Q and try to land your last Q in the middle of enemy team
to toss them in the air, it can throw them off their game.

All in all she isnt as tanky as garen, doesnt deal as much dmg in most circumstances but she has a great kit. Her mobility combined with a stun and a ranged ult finisher i see a ton of potential.

She can jungle decently, and has good mobility + a stun so i see her in the jungle or solo top lane. I think she fits the current meta pretty well
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2011 8:13pm | Report
@unosnow:

She's not going the wrong way. You're directing her incorrectly.

If your mouse is not clicking directly on your target, she will dash in the direction she's facing not toward the mouse.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2011 9:01pm | Report
from what I've seen, she seems very complex to use, but her damage output seems like it could be higher
unosnow
<Member>
unosnow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2011 9:43pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

@unosnow:

She's not going the wrong way. You're directing her incorrectly.

If your mouse is not clicking directly on your target, she will dash in the direction she's facing not toward the mouse.

Did u miss something in my post? What i said was sometimes even while hovering over a enemy champion she will still q the way shes facing is spammed to quickly
holdthephone
<Member>
holdthephone's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2011 10:29pm | Report
She isn't tanky dps, I'm surprised people are taking her down that path. She has no sustainability when she's in, her stun is merely a 0.5 second interrupt and the shield blocks no damage. Why build her as an OT when I could name 5-6 others who do the job 10000x more effectively? Building her tanky makes her the most non-intimidating champ in this game, you put out terrible DPS, and tri-force isn't giving you the AD for your money.

She requires copious amounts of AD, at which point she does a stupid amount of DPS. I've been doing builds similar to ranged ad carries and things have being going a bit better, but she's definitely taking some getting used to.
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2011 10:33pm | Report
Just woke up, bought her, now heading to work, will try her later, check out something for me, building trinity + AD will work?

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2011 10:58pm | Report
bro, that works on everyone.

even soraka and her flying bananas.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide