Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask a Diamond [Week 2: Jungle]

Creator: Vynertje April 16, 2014 7:42am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 11:47am | Report
mjskid wrote:

is nocturne a good counter jungler?

Yes, he is really save in dueling and has a fast clearing speed
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 12:16pm | Report
I actually do Wight on WW after my first buff because he doesn't really care about Wight's damage. He does it a lot faster than other camps seeing as he has 100% single-target damage, too.
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 12:23pm | Report
Hi,

my question would be when jungling with Karma do you recommend to gank at level 3 (already having your stun) or better to follow the Q+E+Q+W order and only go for a gank at level 4? I normally go for a gank at level 3 but people say I should not do that..

Thank you,
Blian
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 12:53pm | Report

I actually do Wight on WW after my first buff because he doesn't really care about Wight's damage. He does it a lot faster than other camps seeing as he has 100% single-target damage, too.

I didn't mention it because it's a very isolated case. Also if the other jungler goes straight for your red you'll probably lose it before you get there, so it's risky against junglers with good level 2 invades like Lee Sin and Kha'Zix.

Blian wrote:
Hi,

my question would be when jungling with Karma do you recommend to gank at level 3 (already having your stun) or better to follow the Q+E+Q+W order and only go for a gank at level 4? I normally go for a gank at level 3 but people say I should not do that..

Thank you,
Blian

I don't play jungle Karma, but for any jungler it's generally not worth getting a 2nd point in a damage ability and delaying your CC to level 4. You never know when you might need to counter-gank a lane, react to an invade or if there's a solid gank opportunity nearby. You have to clear several more camps to hit level 4 so it's a long time to go without your CC. Also Karma's level 3 ganks should work just fine; I don't think she's supposed to just sit and farm anyway.
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
mjskid
<Member>
mjskid's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 12:54pm | Report
who is a good ap jungler?
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 12:57pm | Report
mjskid wrote:

who is a good ap jungler?

Several good junglers deal a lot of magic damage ( Elise, Evelynn, Amumu, Shyvana, Phoenix Udyr etc.), but the only jungler that is a true AP carry and builds that way would be Fiddlesticks. There are some other AP champions that you can play in the jungle, such as Brand, but they're not really junglers.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 12:59pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Several good junglers deal a lot of magic damage ( Elise, Evelynn, Amumu, Shyvana), but the only jungler that is a true AP carry and builds that way would be Fiddlesticks. There are some other AP champions that you can play in the jungle, such as Brand, but they're not really junglers.

wb Diana? Obviously preferred in a solo lane but from my experience she clears pretty fast.

Also, how about new Gragas?
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 1:02pm | Report
I think Diana is a terrible jungler to be honest. She relies so much on a gold advantage that she becomes really really underwhelming if she doesn't get a good early game. I wouldn't consider her any better than Brand or Akali jungle.

Gragas could potentially be a viable AP carry jungler. Before his rework he actually functioned pretty well with a full AP build. Not sure about new Gragas, I haven't played him. His ult took a pretty big hit to its damage and scaling though, so I'm not sure if full AP is the way to go.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 1:11pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

I think Diana is a terrible jungler to be honest. She relies so much on a gold advantage that she becomes really really underwhelming if she doesn't get a good early game. I wouldn't consider her any better than Brand or Akali jungle.

Gragas could potentially be a viable AP carry jungler. Before his rework he actually functioned pretty well with a full AP build. Not sure about new Gragas, I haven't played him. His ult took a pretty big hit to its damage and scaling though, so I'm not sure if full AP is the way to go.

Previously I didn't even play him full ap but more bruiser esque. Pretty sure Morellonomicon is pretty much mandatory because of the cdr.
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 1:31pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Several good junglers deal a lot of magic damage ( Elise, Evelynn, Amumu, Shyvana, Phoenix Udyr etc.), but the only jungler that is a true AP carry and builds that way would be Fiddlesticks. There are some other AP champions that you can play in the jungle, such as Brand, but they're not really junglers.

Does it mean you would NOT consider Karma as a competitive AP jungler?

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide