Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask A Player In Bronze!

Creator: StylzHere April 16, 2014 7:23am
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 6:42am | Report
aDaptor wrote:

The reason I had problems climbing*
I reached silver and I am talking about my experiences from last season when
I was bronze. In 8/10 games I had an afk. And if i didn't have afk I had a feeder. Sounds fun right?

Silver IV and below are the same to me. Considering I DC in about 50% of the games I play and I'm still able to get Gold, you have no excuse.
ShortyHUN
<Member>
ShortyHUN's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 6:46am | Report
utopus wrote:

Meh, i've played about 300 ranked games, and probably 3 of those games have had people who have truly fed. Once you get into high gold, people usually play defensive enough to know how to not give up even more kills, if they are already behind. I think even in high silver, you sometimes see people learning how to not let their lost lane snowball out of control further.

Truly feeding is like dying 3 times in a row really fast, than take a kill and repeat so the gold they recieve for the kill keeps high...

Even if you are behind on lane you have to be aggressive and apply some lane pressure or your opponent will roam and snowball out of control anyway.

Feel free to +rep me if i helped any way!
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 7:02pm | Report
Carrying is a myth.

It's a team game, and everyone either contributes to and/or hurts the team in some way.

If someone carried, it was because of the setup done by everyone (including the enemy), not just them.

Once people accept that and stop viewing their teammates as "bonehead jocks" and instead think of them as "melvins", people just like us, our hearts and mind mature a little and we stop spewing our toxic waste everywhere :-)
If you want to help me, teach me.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 7:18pm | Report
Lol no.

My Diamond friend did an 18-game win streak on his smurf out of Bronze and into Silver.

But obviously, he wasn't carrying, since that was a myth. Clearly he just got a good team set-up 18 times in a row. What are the chances.

And I guess all those Diamond streams which do Bronze-to-Diamond are obviously just lucky repeatedly with their set-ups, I suppose, since carrying is a myth.

You honestly have no idea what you are talking about and what you say sounds really really really counter-intuitive.
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 7:22pm | Report
sirell wrote:

Lol no.

My Diamond friend did an 18-game win streak on his smurf out of Bronze and into Silver.

But obviously, he wasn't carrying, since that was a myth.

You honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

Mechanics don't let 5 fed enemies get rekt by 1 fed guy with a terrible team? Or am I wrong? I'm discussing a single-game perspective, you know, "carrying the team", not "carrying out of bronze".

Edit: Oh, wait. I just thought of something. Yeah, you're right, sorry.
If you want to help me, teach me.
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2014 12:37am | Report

Carrying is a myth.

It's a team game, and everyone either contributes to and/or hurts the team in some way.

If someone carried, it was because of the setup done by everyone (including the enemy), not just them.

Once people accept that and stop viewing their teammates as "bonehead jocks" and instead think of them as "melvins", people just like us, our hearts and mind mature a little and we stop spewing our toxic waste everywhere :-)

Wrong! (or it is just only wrong based on my experience)

Yesterday finally I had a good ADC on my side. Our top and mid were absolutely outplayed I mean they really had no chance (and no commen sense either as instead of sacrificing their towers they constantly died and feeding them). They were far behind gold and minion kills as well so my 9th defeat was right around the corner when we decided to push as deep as we can and keep clearing out their camps. So basically we never left each other and he carried the whole game alone ended up with almost 30 kills.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2014 12:41am | Report

Mechanics don't let 5 fed enemies get rekt by 1 fed guy with a terrible team? Or am I wrong? I'm discussing a single-game perspective, you know, "carrying the team", not "carrying out of bronze".

Edit: Oh, wait. I just thought of something. Yeah, you're right, sorry.

Come to one of our mobafire inhouses and feed bryun's Vayne/ Akali 2 kills in the beginning of the game. You'll see the 1v5 happen ;>
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Omnislash GG
<Member>
Omnislash GG's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2014 2:58am | Report
I think that, as long as you're continuously trying to get better at the game and learn more about the game, then your rank ultimately doesn't matter. Improve your skills, and your rank will improve. I'm in Bronze III, but this is my first season. I'm very confident that once I get to playing more and more ranked, my true rank will emerge, and I can work from there.

That being said, yes, it is annoying to have teammates who constantly flame, feed, dc, whatever. But it's not use worrying about things over which you have no control. I think this is the viewpoint that career bronze players should adopt in order to advance. I'll let you know how it works out for me.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2014 3:49am | Report
*Facepalm*

Carrying yourself out of Bronze is equally as hard as it is for me to carry myself out of gold, and just as hard as it will be for me to carry myself out of plat when I finally get it. You don't get to blame bronze anymore than I get to blame gold or plat.

That was my Draven stats when I smurfed on a Bronze account last season, as a gold 2 player at the time. At the time, I didn't even have Draven on my main, it was my first time playing Draven. Then I also went 11/1 with Talon, and went from bronze 4 to silver 5 in 24 games, going a combined total of 22/2.

"bronze is hard to carry yourself out of". So is silver. So is gold. So is plat. So is diamond. Just because the only tier you've ever tried to climb out of is bronze doesn't mean it's the only hard tier to climb out of. The only reason you struggle is because you're not better than bronze players. If you were much better than then you'd climb out easily, like I did when I was smurfing.

And FYI, I was a legit bronze player in early season 2, as in, not smurfing, and actually trying to carry myself out of it. Throughout the season I managed to carry myself from 800 Elo to 1300 Elo. And accomplishing that was just as hard as it was for me to carry myself through gold to plat last season, and from plat 5 to plat 1.

And by "equally as hard", I don't mean, you would personally struggle to climb in plat. If you got placed into plat, you'd quickly drop back to silver or bronze. The people I play against with daily to try and climb are 10x better than the people you play against to try and climb out of bronze. Bronze is EASY AS ****, people there are so trash. If you can't climb out of it, it's because you're not good enough to.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2014 4:05am | Report
Harsh words, but somewhat true. I was 950 ELO in season 2, and managed to carry myself out of elo hell up to like 1400 ELO with shyvana jungle and taric support.

To put what vapora is saying in a lighter tone, you'll know when you're ready to get out of bronze. You'll notice it in your gameplay, and your attitude.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide