Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I Really Think ELO Hell Exists

Creator: EVILISLEMONS March 13, 2012 8:12am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 8:44pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

Your Elo stops decaying at 1200 actually.

I think Saintvicious proved there was no Elo Hell back in season 1 when someone reset his Elo down to zero. He just came back up with like a 100 win streak or something.

Elo stops decaying at 1400. Been like that since the start of S1 lol

Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 8:49pm | Report

And tell me how 1200 is ELO hell? That's practically the starting point for all newcomers to ranked. That's not ELO hell.

And ******* it's like none of you guys read my post thoroughly. You guys say "oh, dominate your lane harder. Oh, you aren't doing good. Oh, you're doing something wrong". ****, if I'm doing something entirely ****ing wrong, why the hell was I able to win a bunch of ranked matches on my friend's account who is at 1400 ELO? Look at it logically please and tell me there's some key factor I'm missing because I don't see it.

1400 people aren't good lol. Most get carried through placement matches. Bragging a 1400 elo game is like bragging 1000 elo because placement score affects a lot of people. It really does not prove anything. Also, winning lane is a huge role in every elo and usually picks the victor. If you think you can faceroll and climb ladder, just push all the way to inhib or just beat the guy to submission where he's scared to even take one cs

EVILISLEMONS
<Member>
EVILISLEMONS's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 9:32pm | Report
Xaioli wrote:

1400 people aren't good lol. Most get carried through placement matches. Bragging a 1400 elo game is like bragging 1000 elo because placement score affects a lot of people. It really does not prove anything. Also, winning lane is a huge role in every elo and usually picks the victor. If you think you can faceroll and climb ladder, just push all the way to inhib or just beat the guy to submission where he's scared to even take one cs

If that's the case than I should be in the 1400 ratings but I'm not. If it's not something to brag and it is just equivalent to 1000 ELO, why don't we all just group 1400 players with the 1000 players? Getting carried through placements wouldn't even matter in the long run...according to the matchmaking system. I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. I'm not even saying I'm good. I'm saying I have won against players who are at 1400 ELO so wouldn't that technically mean I'm on par, if not better, than the 1400 ELO players? I mean c'mon. I'm face rolling people in higher rating games yet I'm having a hard time winning in a lower tier? How does that make any sense?
----> My First Ahri Guide. <---- Please give me a chance and take a look at it! It'd be much appreciated!
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 10:02pm | Report
It sounded like you were bragging, my apologies if you weren't I suppose. What I'm saying about 1000-1400 elo is that there are some people with +100 wins that truly deserve to stay there. However, saying that you beat a 1400 player does not mean much because of placement matches cause' for all we know, that person could have been carried through their matches and gotten to 1400 but really deserve a 900 elo. If you beat someone that truly deserves 1400, grats! -Mayby- you deserve higher, perhaps not. However, making matching true deserving 1000 elo with other true deserving 1400 elo players is just a unfair match up and is a very imbalanced game don't ya say? That could be applied to any elo whether it's 200 to 600, 1800 to 2k, etc.

You'll start seeing consistent players that don't get carried around 1700+ and still, there are those few that just always get lucky and get carried regardless whatever elo they are. The reason why most "carried" players stop showing up around 1700 is because at that elo, you can see a somewhat significant skill level boost. Mistakes will cost you your lane which snowballs to a defeat for you. In low elo, honestly you can make so many mistakes and get away with it.

tl;dr Can't mess up match making just because of a few placement matches. A lot of players that do deserve xxxx elo don't want to play a imba game. If you really do deserve, you need to carry hard and shut the game down single handedly because people in lower elo can't handle pressure and know a few mechanics that a "skilled player" can easily take advantage of. Below 1600-1700 elo, you can't conclude you deserve to be there because that's the region where tons and tons of carried people show up =(
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 10:20pm | Report
1400 elo is top 10% of players. 1700 ELO is ~top 2500 players.

So basically, only 2500 players even know how to play the game?
My guides:
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 12:58am | Report
Define "knowing how to play the game". You can look at it from many perspectives. At some elo's, they would consider that as just last hitting and buying items. To others, it's all of that plus warding. To a few, it's all about ward timing; counter jungling, counter warding, objective timing, roaming, finding every second to take advantage of your opponent's mistakes. As you can imagine, the higher elo you get, the more your skills come in play and actually win you your game.

If you look at it, everyone can and technically knows how to play League of Legends by watching the tutorial. What you take your time to learn and "hone your skills" to gain an edge on your opponents is another. Thus, Solo Queue is a great test of this. Knowing "how to play" by learning small mechanics puts you up on your opponents, theoretically gaining you elo. You can take "knowing how to play" on so many levels. Knowing it is one thing and actually executing it is another. That really seperates elo in Solo Queue whether you want to believe it or not. So, take it how you want it to be because everyone can always learn and improve but how you execute and learn from testing/mistakes is all you ;)

koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 1:04am | Report
Okay I will now give you the ultimate explanation:

"It is soloQ."

Pretty simple if you care too much you get mad and getting mad won't get you anywhere.
And it's not like it gets better from 1400-1600 you will still get feeders/afkers/leavers so dun get your hope up.

I played on a 1700 acc from a friend for a week and I did just fine even raised his elo. Well it was just a week so I can't really give my real opinion on it but it seemed to get better up there. Maybe I was just lucky to get at least decent teams.

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 1:53am | Report
koksei wrote:

Okay I will now give you the ultimate explanation:

"It is soloQ."

Pretty simple if you care too much you get mad and getting mad won't get you anywhere.
And it's not like it gets better from 1400-1600 you will still get feeders/afkers/leavers so dun get your hope up.

I played on a 1700 acc from a friend for a week and I did just fine even raised his elo. Well it was just a week so I can't really give my real opinion on it but it seemed to get better up there. Maybe I was just lucky to get at least decent teams.

There is a huuuge difference between 1400-1600 and 1000-1400

1000-1400 knowing somewhat the basics of the game
1400-1600 knowing somewhat the basics of the game, and starting to play as a **********ing team wuuuut!
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 2:04am | Report
If elo hell exists expect it to continue to post-2k zzzz
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 2:11am | Report
The definition of Elo-hell have to be relative to your current situation, not a specific Elo
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide