Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

League of Legends Queue Concept

Creator: Itolic August 19, 2012 11:39am
Should Players have the option to select the role they want to play before Queue
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 1:07pm | Report
One potential issue that hasn't been brought up is that the general LoL community tends to favor certain roles over others. Currently top and mid, the two solo lanes, are what most players would really like to be playing. Support, on the other hand, has relatively few players who actually want to play it. Because a game would not be able to be created until all five roles are filled on both teams, I worry that this change would actually increase queue times, because some roles are more difficult to fill than others.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 1:09pm | Report
The amount of people who wanted top lane/mid opposed to any other role would be devastating. And it in no way could keep people from auto locking Renekton as your AP carry unless Riot chose to limit your choice of champions (which wouldn't go over very well).
Xenotechie
<Guide Critic>
Xenotechie's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 1:18pm | Report
It is a great idea, but it should be merely an option, not forced on people, as nobody would want to play jungle and matchmaking would take ages.

Did I help you? Do you feel nice today? Take a look at my guide,I would really appreciate it.

Syther Blade
<Member>
Syther Blade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 1:52pm | Report
what if your team doesnt want to follow the meta, and the support role would never be filled. It also sucks for people like me who enter the champ select then see what everyone else picks to decide occasionally

Sigs By: Syther Blade (me), TheNamelessBard
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 2:35pm | Report
The only problem(s) I see with this deals with

-Possible queue time increases

I'm assuming that a majority of people prefer roles like mid/top/adc whereas less prefer jungle/support. This means that instead of people joining in and asking to get what they prefer which affords players flexibility; they are requesting/locking in their role before hand which means if there is an excess of people queuing for mid/top/adc and less for the other 2 roles players will have to potentially wait longer than the current norm. If you watch streams you'll see higher ranked players sitting in queue for upwards of 10 minutes.

It's potential that I'm wrong and there are plenty of people who want to play every role. But if not then this might be remedied by players "requesting" at least 2 roles each before they queue.
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 4:17pm | Report
It would actually be good thing if you ask me. Might be longer ques but at least you know everyone picked role and is comfortable with it. I see alot of arguing right now over i cant supprot blah blah blah.
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 4:19pm | Report

The only problem(s) I see with this deals with

-Possible queue time increases

I'm assuming that a majority of people prefer roles like mid/top/adc whereas less prefer jungle/support. This means that instead of people joining in and asking to get what they prefer which affords players flexibility; they are requesting/locking in their role before hand which means if there is an excess of people queuing for mid/top/adc and less for the other 2 roles players will have to potentially wait longer than the current norm. If you watch streams you'll see higher ranked players sitting in queue for upwards of 10 minutes.

It's potential that I'm wrong and there are plenty of people who want to play every role. But if not then this might be remedied by players "requesting" at least 2 roles each before they queue.

Lol that and it becomes like wow and how dungeon finder works.

top , mid and jungler will have longer que times and support will be instant find game in ranked.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 5:44pm | Report
This could work as an Option
Riot would keep the old matchmaking system but would add this system as an option for players who really want to get their elo up/have a fair game/whatever
This is probably going to have a long queue time but that is a commitment some one is taking when they join said queue. Riot of course would have to make that when you join the queue you cant leave because a game like this is in high demand and if you leave queue when matchmaking is putting people together it will Severely increase the wait time and put others who are waiting at a longer wait time

So in the end here is what this adds

Longer queue time
Player Commitment to the Match no matter how long it takes to get into
A happier player base
More worthwhile games

I also want to add that if you leave the match during champion pick you may get banned or suspended. i know im being really severe with this but this idea is a big big thing and leaving is unforgivable in that situation. if was waiting 15 minutes for a game and when i finally get into one a person decides to leave. I would be ***in pissed. So ya this will require a lot of player commitment but the outcome is better. this will clean out kids and trolls so the games will be a lot better

Thats what i have to say about it
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 5:47pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

So in the end here is what this adds

Longer queue time
Player Commitment to the Match no matter how long it takes to get into
A happier player base
More worthwhile games

What's keeping someone from trolling this game, wasting everyones time they just put into the queue?
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 6:06pm | Report
Ive suggested this in the past. It works wonderfully for WoW, and i think it would be amazing here following the current meta, which is not likely to change any time soon. Yes absolutely.

edit: And this by no means longer que times. WoW ques hardly ever last more than 30 seconds, often they are instantaneous.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide