Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Legacy Skins Return!

Creator: sirell December 3, 2012 6:19am
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2012 8:51am | Report

It is a bummer though I've been playing this game for a long *** time now, to have the skins that I own (which no one else could buy) offered up to players who haven't been around as long is a bit of a kick to the balls...Not to mention they also get them for cheaper than I did when I bought them. It's frustrating, while at the same time not so much.

Yup, totally agree. Legacy skins are a joke, I'm pretty disappointed with riot's decision to bring the back, even for a temporary time. The entire premise of legacy skins was that they weren't coming back. If they bring back legacy skins I guess people have a legitimate argument for them to bring back limited edition skins such as Halloween or Christmas skins. I don't think riot has a legitimate defense for not re-releasing these skins, not that I want them to, but I think they really compromise their integrity.

I might buy Firefighter Tristana, but needless to say I'm pretty disappointed
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
TheBlueReaper
<Member>
TheBlueReaper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2012 9:15am | Report
It's stuff like this that make me wanna get some RP.Oh, and Phantom Karhus is probably one of my favorite skins.Not really sure why:/
Thanks to jhoijhoi , TinyStar , Minho, Hogopogo , TheNamelessBard and GMD for the sigs!
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2012 9:28am | Report
The Community voted for it so yeah

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2012 9:59am | Report
The community being those people who haven't been playing as long as some of us have been?

Honestly though, if riot wanted to re-release legacy skins, they should just do like 2-3...Not all of them.

Most of those champs I rarely play, but when I do I use the skins no one else has (or very few have) like Kingpin Twitch or Toxic Mundo. Now every single "nooblord" who wasn't playing or hasn't been playing for long (like Mr. Cuddowls) can get a skin they shouldn't be able to have. It's like selling a limited edition pair of kicks just to realize they could mass produce them at a later date and make more money....

I'm not entirely upset, but some of the "flare" is going to be lost...Unless they also release IDK something that shows how long you've been playing this game...Like on load screens to go with the border...Something to make we who have spent years playing feel like we aren't just "a part of the crowd"...IDK maybe I'm going overboard, but seriously....Now I have no reason to rock my "legacy skins"
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2012 10:07am | Report
Never bought skins, never will.
Seems unfair tough, but meh greedy Riot.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
TheBlueReaper
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2012 10:50am | Report

I'm not entirely upset, but some of the "flare" is going to be lost...Unless they also release IDK something that shows how long you've been playing this game...Like on load screens to go with the border...s"

THIS
I myself have been playing for a year so, but it would be nice to know who some of the "Old Dogs" are.
Thanks to jhoijhoi , TinyStar , Minho, Hogopogo , TheNamelessBard and GMD for the sigs!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2012 10:56am | Report
Take whatever date I joined mobafire and roll back ~3-4 months that's around when I started. Not entirely sure but I was playing long before I was on mobafire.
TheBlueReaper
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2012 11:12am | Report
I'm pretty sure it just shows from the way you play and your game knowlegde and experience.You don't need a skin for people to know that you have been playing for a long time.:)
Although maybe instead of releasing the old ones they could make some new skins and maybe turn them into legacy skins?I guess that would make more people happy...I really don't get the idea with turning skins into legacy ones though...Like you said a banner or something would be better, so that way even new guys can have some nice skins.
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2012 11:44am | Report
I cant buy RP anyway so
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2012 11:56am | Report

I'm pretty sure it just shows from the way you play and your game knowlegde and experience.You don't need a skin for people to know that you have been playing for a long time.:)
Although maybe instead of releasing the old ones they could make some new skins and maybe turn them into legacy skins?I guess that would make more people happy...I really don't get the idea with turning skins into legacy ones though...Like you said a banner or something would be better, so that way even new guys can have some nice skins.

Or I could be one of the "orgininal" owners of a legacy skin and say "hey man I've been playing a long time".

The idea is that I have something to show for my investment in LoL...Sure "winning/showing my knowledge" is nice, for people who appreciate it...But actually having an easily visible expression of how long I've been playing trumps that for me.

Now everyone and their mother will have skins I thought were never going to be available again....To me it's important other people might not care, but if you were told you were one of the few people who owned something, then found out it would be available for anyone you wouldn't feel upset? Sure they're just pixels...But they're pixels that I paid for so I could have something "special" to me.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide