Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Not allowed to play LoL anymore

Creator: mage legend January 10, 2014 9:10am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
mage legend
<Member>
mage legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 9:10am | Report
Hey everyone, As the title sais, I have a big problem. My parents won't allow me to play LoL anymore.
This may sound kind of stupid, i know, but i'm only 15 anyway.
The reason why i posted this is because i need help. Has anyone had the same problem before? How can i solve it? Any ideas?

It's been three months since I'm not allowed to play any more. Luckily for me, my mom works with children who play LoL, and I met them so now I can play 2 hours a week (wich is still nothing).

The reason why they punished me is because they said that the game makes me mad. But it doesn't -_-
They think that because i have a sister who always annoys me and start swearing at me for no reason. When I say one word back, my parents get mad.

They also want me to game less because they want to see me more.

Any solutions? Please help!

Thanks to jhoijhoi for making this sig!

[ri]
Thanks to Tinystar for the sig! ^^

[ri]
Thanks to Nameless Bard for the sig! ^^
+rep if you think i deserve it :)
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 9:13am | Report
Wait 3 years, move out, bust your ***, get your own place and nice things and a nice computer and gaming consoles.

Then, work hard at your job and game all night long. Then, develop a personality and find a girl. Then, you have a place, a girl, all the games you want, and a little bit of money if the girl doesn't take it all ;)

That's my advice; grow up
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Qersidon
<Member>
Qersidon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 9:17am | Report
Best solution, be nice! I have 3 little sisters who are annoying but I am always nice to them, I don't argue with my parents much, and I try to spend some time with them so this problem of yours doesn't happen. I also set a few ground-rules for plying League which made my parents really happy. (When I'm not on a break aka when I'm going to school I don't play league during the week, I play it Fri,Sat,Sun and the rest of the week I study and spend time with my family, so they are happy and I'm happy).Try doing something like that, hope I helped.
mage legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 9:17am | Report

Wait 3 years, move out, bust your ***, get your own place and nice things and a nice computer and gaming consoles.

Then, work hard at your job and game all night long. Then, develop a personality and find a girl. Then, you have a place, a girl, all the games you want, and a little bit of money if the girl doesn't take it all ;)

Well, first I need the money to buy a house, and a (fulltime) job will have to wait because I'm planning to continue my studies.

[ri]

[ri]
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 9:21am | Report
Most of the times when parents get angry about games its because they dont understand it. My parents used to be as mad as fck as well when it was about gaming, now it is normal and they don't care as long as I do the stuff that I have to do.

So they say their reason that you are not allowed to game is because it is making you mad. The way to solve that is by proving that the "madness" is not related to gaming. That you just are who you are and that you happen to be gaming on the sides. Do what they say, don't keep hardcore gaming for about a month, then when your parents become more calm, talk to them, tell them your reason why you game and why you would prefer to be allowed to game more than just that. Make them understand your point of view, no matter how long it takes. Then you will have peace in your household and you can game all you want :P

This advice is also rock solid tho
Change is gooooood

Je suis le bee
~ Meiyjhe ~
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 9:25am | Report
Just don't play games. It's not really that big of a deal when you think about it.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 9:25am | Report
what throat said, and you don't need to go from living at home straight into buying a house...you can rent. don't be in a rush though. living completely independently, while it has its perks, has downsides.

or just do what all the cool kids do. live at home the rest of your life in your parents basement. only go outside to pick up fast food.

or what sirell said. just a game man. real life is way cooler.

the choice is yours...you'll have to decide ~echo~ (airplane quote...best comedy of all time)

Thanks to Hogopogo for my signature!

mage legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 9:27am | Report
Qersidon wrote:

Best solution, be nice! I have 3 little sisters who are annoying but I am always nice to them, I don't argue with my parents much, and I try to spend some time with them so this problem of yours doesn't happen. I also set a few ground-rules for plying League which made my parents really happy. (When I'm not on a break aka when I'm going to school I don't play league during the week, I play it Fri,Sat,Sun and the rest of the week I study and spend time with my family, so they are happy and I'm happy).Try doing something like that, hope I helped.

I've been nice since now, but they told me they wouldn't change their mind. I'm still hoping i will eventually get to play more and more (probably not, because these i got these 2 hours for a special reason).

Spending time with my family is going to be hard. My sister is always on her Ipod or the computer, my brother on his PC and he doesn't want to be bothered, my mom is always working on her laptop or Ipad and she only watches tv with my dad in the evening, but she doesn't want us to watch with her and my dad always comes home late, so it's a pretty hard situation. I don't have anything to do besides surfing the net and sticking to my ps3 :(

Any other ideas? :)

[ri]

[ri]
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 9:29am | Report
Not really helpful but sometimes it is what it is and you just have do deal with it
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 9:31am | Report
Just get other hobbies. Gaming isn't everything.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide