Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Not allowed to play LoL anymore

Creator: mage legend January 10, 2014 9:10am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 9:31am | Report
it's not that hard to stop playing league if you find a new thing to do(a new game to play) and you could easily live without it. I've always had problems with my parents not liking the fact that I play games and they used to do everything they could to make me not play even if it reached the point of absurd, they gave up after a while tho
mage legend
<Member>
mage legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 9:40am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

Most of the times when parents get angry about games its because they dont understand it. My parents used to be as mad as fck as well when it was about gaming, now it is normal and they don't care as long as I do the stuff that I have to do.

So they say their reason that you are not allowed to game is because it is making you mad. The way to solve that is by proving that the "madness" is not related to gaming. That you just are who you are and that you happen to be gaming on the sides. Do what they say, don't keep hardcore gaming for about a month, then when your parents become more calm, talk to them, tell them your reason why you game and why you would prefer to be allowed to game more than just that. Make them understand your point of view, no matter how long it takes. Then you will have peace in your household and you can game all you want :P

This advice is also rock solid tho

I already tried to prove it's not related to gaming, but they didn't even listen. I don't even get angry at my sister that often. I always do what they say: I always make my homework, I have good grades, I do my chores,...

If I don't hardcore game for a month and then suddenly start doing it again, it will be the same as before i got punished. It might help a little, but I don't think it's going to work.
I've tried to talk to them a lot, but they always get angry. I always try to stay calm though, but it never helps.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for making this sig!

[ri]
Thanks to Tinystar for the sig! ^^

[ri]
Thanks to Nameless Bard for the sig! ^^
+rep if you think i deserve it :)
mage legend
<Member>
mage legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 9:43am | Report
sirell wrote:

Just get other hobbies. Gaming isn't everything.

I never said I wanted to play League badly, I just thought it would be fun if i could play it with my friends again.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for making this sig!

[ri]
Thanks to Tinystar for the sig! ^^

[ri]
Thanks to Nameless Bard for the sig! ^^
+rep if you think i deserve it :)
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 9:52am | Report
I stopped reading at "im only 15"

you should be worrying about other things at that age, rather than not being able to play a video game, concentrate on studies etc.

or try and persuade and make amends with your parents, maybe say being limited to 1-2 hours a day max.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 10:07am | Report
^ holy smokes. guess that is what i get for skimming the OP. 15? you are but a child. i remember those days. good times. yeah maybe fight for 1-2 hours a day. just tell your rents that you won't play until you get your homework/studies done. let them check it. or something like that. most likely they are just worried that gaming is going to have a negative impact on your studies which is a negative impact on your life. if you have cool parents...ask them why they don't want you to play? likely if you know the reasoning as to why than you can work out a solution to their concerns.

my parents manipulated the **** out of me by using video games. want to play? go mow the lawn...vacuum and dust the house...do your laundry...finish your studies...than you can play. 15 though man. i would go outside. run around with some friends. i dunno looking back i think i played games way too much back then.

Thanks to Hogopogo for my signature!

throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 10:20am | Report

the choice is yours...you'll have to decide ~echo~ (airplane quote...best comedy of all time)

Ugh. Surely you can't be serious.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 10:31am | Report
As Bioalchemist suggests, you should really ask your parents why they don't want you to play League. It's unlikely to actually be the game itself, but something else.

But the answer they'll probably give to that is that it makes you angry. So you really need to think about how League makes you feel and how it makes you act. I know that you don't think it makes you angry, but if you're yelling at the computer or snapping at people while you play, it'd certainly look like it's making you angry. You really need to think hard to try to figure out what it is they mean when they say that; you can't just think about whether or not you actually feel angry when playing. From there, maybe you can think of some solutions.

Also, you could try asking an aunt or uncle or a family friend, some adult who has known your parents for a long time, if they have any advice. It's always possible that there's something going on in your parents' lives that's making them feel bad, and they're just kinda' taking it out on you. Not deliberately. Your parents love you. But people do stupid stuff without realizing all the time.

More generally, if being at home is difficult, try not to be at home. Go spend time with friends, doing whatever it is you do with your friends. That might only mean going over to a friend's house and sitting around playing video games, but if it's more comfortable than being at home, you might wanna' do it anyway.

Finally, and I cannot stress this enough, you should be really careful taking life advice from an internet forum. While everyone here means well (which isn't true everywhere else on the internet), none of us know you and we can't offer really good advice for your actual situation. You should talk to someone who knows you and cares about you, especially if that person is willing to call you out when you're spouting bull.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 10:34am | Report

Ugh. Surely you can't be serious.

i am serious...and don't call me shirley :P

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards