Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Not allowed to play LoL anymore

Creator: mage legend January 10, 2014 9:10am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2014 10:47am | Report

Up next on MTV: I found love and happiness in league of legends at age 15!

EZ

If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
EdisonKhoo
<Guide Critic>
EdisonKhoo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2014 12:11am | Report
Erm.....why is this in the General Discussion ._. Can't play games....its not that big deal...is it? O.o
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2014 2:21am | Report
utopus wrote:

step 1: find happiness
step 2: tell your parents you are thinking of continuing league, and that you would like to have a respectful and scholarly conversation about it (right then). If they say no, tell them that they'll say no, without even listening to your points of views.

Make the case that you have found happiness. Assert that while League frustrates you sometimes - like everything human beings are passionate about, league gives you happiness as well, but you just don't show it. Don't victimize yourself, but in a non-condescending tone of voice, tell them (politely) that if they continue to not let you play this game, you have other means of attaining happiness (justify this), but they would still be preventing you from doing something that you are passionate about.

Don't raise your voice in front of your parents. IF they say no, don't fret, and ask for justification. You can try to retort if you would like, but you probably won't get what you want when it comes to this point.

If they backlash at you, just leave, and be quiet around them for a bit - maybe up to a day or two. If they come to you and apologize, you just won. Tell them that while League is a source of happiness for you, you recognize that it isn't making them happy. Tell them that they are just misunderstanding league, and invite them to learn more about league. For example, if your parents ask you how your game is going, talk to them about a team fight you just had - it's okay if they don't understand a word about what you're saying. Just be either neutral or excited about how you're playing.

IMO, the chances that they let you back into the game are between 40%-76&, depending on your presentation, and also the attitude of your parents.

Remember - the more you act like an adult, the more they have to act like adults

Dad: My roof, my rules.

And there ends any attempt you can ever make at getting your way.

That being said, this is the point where you need to realize something.
I'm sure you've seen all these threads about people whining about losing all the time. I'm also sure you've read the age old advice given in such threads. If you haven't, I suggest you start reading them now.

If you know what I'm talking about, then you might just see the link between people whining they keep losing and you saying you're not allowed to play. The way to change both lies in your hands. If your folks say you get mad, then maybe you do. Think and find a way to see it as they do. Do not just discard their motive because you disagree.
Keep track of your emotions, how you feel, what you say, what you write, how you say it. Compare it with how you normally act.
And plz, stop lying to yourself by saying that there's no difference. There is.

Recognize the change in mood, demeanor, then act on it, try to change it.
The added benefit? You'll actually start palying better if you're in a better mood. :D

Just ask Thalia, he's been down this road. He ain't doing so bad now.....
mage legend
<Member>
mage legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2014 11:32am | Report
Thanks for all your help guys, but I've already tried most of these things, or some are just too hard to try. I tried to talk to them some time ago, but whenever i say something about League of Legends, they don't want to hear it. They aren't trying to understand it, and they never will.

For anyone who thinks I'm wrong, yes I've been trying to understand them, but i think their perspective is pretty stupid. I know how I am, and the game doesn't make me mad at all. Don't rage at me now, I've also looked deeper into that and luckily I'm one of the people that don't get mad from LoL IRL. I do usually scream at my computer, but that's, like i said before, when I'm skyping and i want to support my friends, telling when I made a mistake, when a teamfight is about to start, etc.
If you still think my perspective is bad, read the whole thread. If you can explain that I am wrong in some of these aspects (wich i might be), please tell me. Everyone makes mistakes.

Anyway, I really appreciate all your help, and if you have a very good example of what i should tell my parents, if you have any other advice or if you think I should look deeper into yours (because it's been pretty hard to remember and keep track of all advice here), tell me please.

Thank you :)

Thanks to jhoijhoi for making this sig!

[ri]
Thanks to Tinystar for the sig! ^^

[ri]
Thanks to Nameless Bard for the sig! ^^
+rep if you think i deserve it :)
mage legend
<Member>
mage legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2014 11:35am | Report
EdisonKhoo wrote:

Erm.....why is this in the General Discussion ._. Can't play games....its not that big deal...is it? O.o

Of course it's not. It's not a bad thing to want to play League again is it? :P
Please read the whole thread before saying that -_-

Thanks to jhoijhoi for making this sig!

[ri]
Thanks to Tinystar for the sig! ^^

[ri]
Thanks to Nameless Bard for the sig! ^^
+rep if you think i deserve it :)
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2014 11:55am | Report
SkidmarkD wrote:

Dad: My roof, my rules.

classic!

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2014 2:10pm | Report
'I scream at my computer'

'I'm not mad'

OK.

Jet wrote:
i always thought read was xaioli

they both cry whenever i post
EdisonKhoo
<Guide Critic>
EdisonKhoo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2014 4:19pm | Report

I've been concentrating on my studies and all the rest even while I was still playing LoL. I always have good grades, I always make my homework,... I also do other things like going out with friends. I don't have to worry about all of these.
I just thought it would be fun if i could play LoL with my friends again, not just 2 hours a week because they're never online when i can play.

you get good grades its actually for yourself, not your parents. Your parents wants you to get good grades because you could find jobs easier when you have grown up. I know your feeling, I know it will be fun to play with friends. What parents have done for you, most of the 99% is good for you, they do allowed you to play LoL for 2 hours right?
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2014 12:47am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

'I scream at my computer'

'I'm not mad'

OK.

Yeah, that part made me lol. Good thing the office is/was empty.
Teenagers, lacking any understanding of the concept of perception since 50.000 BC.

Any bets on how long it's going to take him to finally understand that 'screaming at the pc' can (and will) be perceived as 'being mad'?
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2014 6:01am | Report
lol, whenever I walk around a corner in counterstrike and get awped I say 'are you ****ing srs m8'
Doesn't mean that I'm angry though. Just means that I got awped.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide