Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Obligatory doom bots thread

Creator: Jimmydoggga 2.0 July 17, 2014 2:13am
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2014 10:04pm | Report
@Everyone complaining

Pls stop.

Riot was never good at balancing things nor are they good at creating new things. No game-mode will ever compare to SR and that's the truth we all have to face.

Dominion is monumentally easier than SR and gets boring after a few games.
TT is just.. imbalanced. The whole structure of league is based around balancing SR.

The magma chamber 1v1 thing would be nothing more than an ego booster and people would get bored of it within a week or less...

If they were to make both TT and Dominion exciting and enjoyable game modes they would have to achieve a complete overhaul on each and every champion, have a dedicated team the size of the team that manages SR for every game mode AND introduce better objectives with more value, which probably wont happen for a very long time.

We have these new things to try out for 1 week. That's it. They know it gets boring from previous experience (TT and Dominion anybody?) which is why they don't keep it as a permanent game mode.
If its fun for 3-4 games then it's managing to fulfill its intended purpose. Some people can only play 5-6 games a week, having most of those filled with something new and fun is great!

I see no reason to complain. Developing these game modes probably takes a miniscule amount of time. If this time was used to develop TT or Dominion the achievements would be very, very poor.

@topic;

I have lots of fun playing this gamemode. Lets me have some fun and laughs with my friends without having to deal with the stress of ranked/normal games while not being completely bored out of my mind (like fighting normal bots).

It's relaxing for me and seeing all the **** they gave the bots is always a bit funny. Granted, the I and II difficulty modes aren't much different than intermediate bots. The V bombs one, however, is good fun for me and my circle of friends.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2014 10:10pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:

@Everyone complaining

Pls stop.

Riot was never good at balancing things nor are they good at creating new things. No game-mode will ever compare to SR and that's the truth we all have to face.

TT is just.. imbalanced. The whole structure of league is based around balancing SR.

The magma chamber 1v1 thing would be nothing more than an ego booster and people would get bored of it within a week or less...

If they were to make both TT and Dominion exciting and enjoyable game modes they would have to achieve a complete overhaul on each and every champion, have a dedicated team the size of the team that manages SR for every game mode AND introduce better objectives with more value, which probably wont happen for a very long time.

We have these new things to try out for 1 week. That's it. They know it gets boring from previous experience (TT and Dominion anybody?) which is why they don't keep it as a permanent game mode.
If its fun for 3-4 games then it's managing to fulfill its intended purpose. Some people can only play 5-6 games a week, having most of those filled with something new and fun is great!

I see no reason to complain. Developing these game modes probably takes a miniscule amount of time. If this time was used to develop TT or Dominion the achievements would be very, very poor.

@topic;

I have lots of fun playing this gamemode. Lets me have some fun and laughs with my friends without having to deal with the stress of ranked/normal games while not being completely bored out of my mind (like fighting normal bots).

It's relaxing for me and seeing all the **** they gave the bots is always a bit funny. Granted, the I and II difficulty modes aren't much different than intermediate bots. The V bombs one, however, is good fun for me and my circle of friends.

tl;dr- abloobloobloo STAHP MAKING FUN OF RITO YOU,.... YOU.... TROLLS!

It's almost like it's a game company's job to like, make their games good. Wow.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2014 2:26pm | Report
No. You've got the wrong idea.

The only good game mode is SR. The game was based around SR and continues to evolve around the concept of SR. Different game modes have nothing to do with "making the game good" and deserve very little attention considering the popularity of SR compared to TT or Dominion.

Also, your point about me saying "stop making fun of riot!" is complete and utter bull.
The complaints you guys have are unjustified. If there's so little interest in TT/Dominion compared to SR there's no reason to further develop them ESPECIALLY since they basically only serve as an easy way to get gold or higher (TT) or as a fast first win of the day (Dom)...

They have it hard enough "balancing" the competitive aspect of ONE gamemode... Why would the other, much less serious, game modes take priority? When the whole competitive scene revolves around this sole gamemode?
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2014 4:56pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:

The only good game mode is SR. The game was based around SR and continues to evolve around the concept of SR. Different game modes have nothing to do with "making the game good" and deserve very little attention considering the popularity of SR compared to TT or Dominion.

Also, your point about me saying "stop making fun of riot!" is complete and utter bull.
The complaints you guys have are unjustified. If there's so little interest in TT/Dominion compared to SR there's no reason to further develop them ESPECIALLY since they basically only serve as an easy way to get gold or higher (TT) or as a fast first win of the day (Dom)...

They have it hard enough "balancing" the competitive aspect of ONE gamemode... Why would the other, much less serious, game modes take priority? When the whole competitive scene revolves around this sole gamemode?

TL;DR- DON'T CRITICIZE ONLY PRAISE DON'T HATE ON MY GAME MODES SHEESH.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2014 5:14pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:

I agree with this, but several patches back they started nerfing and buffing certain champions for certain modes, like the way Threash stacks souls on dominion I would still like to see individual changes for certain, if not all champions for every map/mode so that one day TT and Dominion would be more competitive, but I would rather get there slowly while SR remains the main focus for the Dev team.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2014 5:50pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

TL;DR- DON'T CRITICIZE ONLY PRAISE DON'T HATE ON MY GAME MODES SHEESH.

You are very ignorant.

I agree with this, but several patches back they started nerfing and buffing certain champions for certain modes, like the way Threash stacks souls on dominion I would still like to see individual changes for certain, if not all champions for every map/mode so that one day TT and Dominion would be more competitive, but I would rather get there slowly while SR remains the main focus for the Dev team.

The changes they're making are mostly experimental and don't actually change much in the game modes I've found. Sure, I suppose it's a baby step towards creating gamemodes that are equivalent to SR.
However; that doesn't defeat the fact that even if they used what little time it took to develop the one week gamemodes to develop tt or dominion they would still be a very, very long way from being in a state similar to SR, therefore the argument at hand is rather redundant.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2014 7:08pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:

@Everyone complaining

Pls stop.

My problem is that the community came up with stuff like ARAM, and found a way to get one for all going. Riot was smart enough to notice this and make it a real thing. Then they just went too far and were like "wow people like these wacky modes, let's make more!". It's like an eight year old who has just discovered a cool combo on a Tekken game.

This ****, just like URF and Hexakill, is not anything anyone was waiting for. Sure it's fun for like a game or two, but then you realise what you're doing. Not everything is about balancing, I'm well-aware. However there's a good amount of really big issues with the current state of the game which cannot be overlooked.

Everyone who likes these modes and gets all hyped about it should just get their head out of their *** and start thinking straight. You're all falling for a trick that exists since ancient Rome. Ever since I started playing League has gotten bigger and more popular, yet has the same amateuristic feel to it.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2014 8:25pm | Report

Ever since I started playing League has gotten bigger and more popular, yet has the same amateuristic feel to it.

There's a very very fine line between amateuristic and ****ing confusing.

Basically MOBAFire.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2014 9:28pm | Report
Quoted:
Sure it's fun for like a game or two, but then you realise what you're doing.

It's something new for casual players to try out. If you only play 4-5 games a week having 2 filled with something unusual and amusing to take a break from good ol (albeit stressful) SR is fine imo...

Quoted:
Everyone who likes these modes and gets all hyped about it should just get their head out of their *** and start thinking straight.

Personally, I was waiting for something fun and whacky to bring me back to the game for a little while. This did the job perfectly.

Mind explaining why this is wrong and why you believe I must have "my head stuck up my ***"?

TBH I don't think you bothered to try and look at things through the eyes of a casual player :c
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2014 10:16pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:

You are very ignorant.

tl;dr- You're right and I'm too arsed to admit it so I'm going to get my thesaurus and look up a better way of same "My Superiority Complex Took A Beating" and post it in response. THAT'LL LEARN TOSHABI!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide