Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Obligatory doom bots thread

Creator: Jimmydoggga 2.0 July 17, 2014 2:13am
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2014 1:29am | Report
Lost my first one, first bot game loss since I started playing back in 2010 :(

but the second game went a lot better overall I think it's a fun mode, the AI seems to be a little bit better on the bots as well
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2014 2:19am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

i only played two so far, one as karma and one as shyvana and all i have to say is that this is easier as a tanky/bruiser champion rather than a squishie champion because youre probably going to get hit by things with how they spread so might as well play as someone that doesnt take as much damage and can kill the bots too

I actually like disengage/poke champs more, since these bots are still pretty dumb, but they carry 21941040 abilities (like Veigar bot full build with Eve's passive u.u). Lulu is definitely the champ I picked for this and splitpushed/duelled all day.

Took me 3 attempts to beat DB5, but the first time I picked Lux and immediately regretted it, whilst the second team suxxed :3

Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2014 3:35am | Report
Malzahar with Destiny to the drake pit. Fair enough.

I took Caitlyn and it went pretty well. Probably not the most obvious choice but there's some poke and if you get a banshee's and dodge a little you can 1v1 most of them. The ult is pretty nice too.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2014 4:33am | Report
Irelia is amazing for this game mode. 193476198 Morgana stuns hit you? NP, just walk it off and kill her.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2014 4:35am | Report
Yeah, Irelia seems nice

I generally just pick Mercurial Scimitar or QSS on nearly any champion for this mode, Banshee blocks 1 spell only and I generally get multi'ccd.

Also think Swain might be a good pick depending how close you can get to the bots, since he doesn't care if he's cc'd during his ultimate.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2014 5:12am | Report
I don't like being mouseholed into having to buy Mercurial Scimitar and Banshee's Veil, because I've been hit by two snares at the same time ( Lux/ Morgana ._.) and then I'd have to QSS, only to get hit by another snare and get ****ed either way.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2014 5:41am | Report
sirell wrote:

I don't like being mouseholed into having to buy Mercurial Scimitar and Banshee's Veil, because I've been hit by two snares at the same time ( Lux/ Morgana ._.) and then I'd have to QSS, only to get hit by another snare and get ****ed either way.

Depends a lot on what you're going for. I'm sure most anti-cc stuff that isn't tenacity is nearly useless at those times the bots gather in gangs of 4, but I like having it for most of my duels, specially when Veigar is around or when some of them have incredible amounts of kite thanks to inbuilt CC and dumb passives.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2014 6:05am | Report
The doom bots are just another Riot gimmick that we weren't waiting for. Sure they're funny, for two seconds, and then we're back to "Why the **** am I playing this?". All this time Riot devoted to all these weird modes could've been invested in balancing the game instead, or creating proper tutorials and ideas for new players.

All these stupid modes isn't what anyone was asking for. Dominion was overall not a success, neither was the TT overhaul. However, instead of fixing that, or bring us that cool 1v1 magma chamber thing some people actually are waiting for, we get these goofy things that make no sense. ARAM was well-implemented and the one-for-all was funny but both came from the community. Riot just took it too far with Hexakill and URF; despite them being enjoyable enough, they weren't what anyone was looking or asking for.

Call me a cynical a-hole but I can't help but feel that all this time and effort could've been directed towards improving Dominion, TT, or the overall balancing of the game.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2014 6:30am | Report
^ In a sense, I do agree.

After completing Doombots V, I only played once more to help a friend complete it, but I've felt no more inclination to do it since. The novelty really does wear off after Doom II, tbh, when the fine line between 'enjoyable' and 'laughably ridiculous' is crossed.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2014 7:11am | Report
I played it plenty already on PBE, and they toned it down a lot for the release. Used to be 5 game modes and Doom I was a ton harder, while Doom V was nearly impossible to beat unless you queued up as 5 and were decent.

Was still not really looking forward to it but I played 2 games and see no reason to play more. Especially since Dooms 3 and 4 are gone.

And I also agree with Nick, there are still problems with Dominion and TT that Riot has never addressed, although it's gotten somewhat better.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide