Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official QQ Thread

Creator: jhoijhoi June 6, 2011 7:25am
17992 posts - page 1767 of 1800
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Elusive Ferret's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2017 12:51am | Report
It was Flex. Needless to say, I only lost 8 points :D
I can't take back the words I never said
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2017 10:25pm | Report

Draven stole all our lunch money, put it in a sock, and then beat us with it.
Fryla
<Member>
Fryla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 3:00am | Report
God I knew that making a guide would be difficult but I didn't expect to get trashed overnight like this. Some people are horribly disgusting. So yes, I have only played this game for 3 months and yes, I'm in Bronze 3, but does that make my guide instantly worthless? I'm honestly so disgusted by this community right now.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 3:20am | Report
You shouldn't take things so personally, yes some of the comments are pretty rude but a couple are spot on. There's no harm in writing a guide and, in fact, I believe writing a guide can help the author as much as the people reading it. Provided you are willing to learn and edit your guide to make sure it's the best it can be.

Mobafire values viability. Sure full AD Thresh can be fun here and there and you can make a guide on that, but it won't get high scores. The guide needs to follow the optimal build path for Thresh in order to be positively received.

If you really want your guide to be successful, you're going to have to learn the most optimal build path for Soraka and incorporate it into your guide and your games. This will not only make your guide better, but it'll also likely better your games in league, since certain build paths and items are optimal for a reason.

But outside of your build, your guide's missing a lot of info (no ability or gameplay section) so that's something that you can improve on as well. I originally joined Mobafire to write a Miss Fortune guide back in 2011, and the guide was bad. I mean, it was awful. But I stuck with it and took in all the criticism I got and eventually it ended up being a pretty solid guide and it achieved the #1 spot.
Fryla
<Member>
Fryla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 4:15am | Report
You are right, of course. I wrote that message while still pissed off but I was just so disgusted that within 50 minutes my guide could go from place 2 to the last place just cause suddenly 5 people decided to downvote.

As for the missing info, I'm currently drafting a match-up and gameplay section, as well as some tips & tricks. It's still a work in progress and I personally feel a guide can never really be 100% complete, you can always improve.
It just felt so ****ty and unfair to see something you tried your best on get trashed like that. I don't mind getting criticism or getting downvoted in general, I respect that people might not like it. But 5 downvotes in 50 minutes is just what pissed me off so bad. And none of them really explain why or help me improve in my opinion.

Anyways thank you for repsonding on my angry vent, it did really help me out :)
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 6:28am | Report
Some (some) of their criticism may have been valid, but that was a very clear case of vote manipulation lol. 5 downvotes in 50 minutes on its own sounds off already, but on top of that the first commenter has a Soraka guide of their own. Account created on the 30th November, guide published the day after on 1st December. The next 2 commenters' accounts were both created on the same day the guide was published, one of which commented on his guide right then. The next 2 accounts after that were both created today and their sole actions are to downvote and **** talk your guide, then hop over to the first guys' guide and praise it. The second 1st December guy that hadn't commented on the first guy's guide made the time to do it today as well. They're clearly friends of the other guide author, or even alt accounts.

It takes a special kind of idiot to leave evidence of your vote manipulation because you want to **** talk the person you're doing it to.

I reported it for you.
Vicious Skittle
<Sharpshooter>
Vicious Skittle's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 6:55am | Report
As Vapora said. Regardless of your guide quality and if their comments were right or not, it's pretty obvious that there is some vote manipulation.
Signatures made by: The_Nameless_Bard and Hopper
Feel the thunder.
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Elusive Ferret's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 7:43am | Report
Detective Vapora strikes again!
I can't take back the words I never said
Fryla
<Member>
Fryla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 11:21am | Report
I'm glad I'm not the only one who found this suspicious. Thank you for reporting it for me!

And guys, I know my guide is probably horrible and needs loads of editing and adding, but thank you for still trying to help me out :)
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2017 2:47pm | Report

Votes and comments from the dummy accounts have been removed and the accounts have been banned. Thanks for keeping an eye out, guys.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide