Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

OTG's SoloQ Tier List (Patch 4.20)

Creator: OTGBionicArm September 27, 2014 10:49pm
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2014 2:44pm | Report
How is he terrible? I really want to find out why people are against him going top. Yeah, he is the only champ with no crowd control or mobility, but have you ever played against a More on top? If so, how did they build him?
Thank You Emoriam!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2014 2:44pm | Report
Electro522 wrote:
How is he terrible? I really want to find out why people are against him going top. Yeah, he is the only champ with no crowd control or mobility, but have you ever played against a More on top? If so, how did they build him?

He just gets relentlessly camped.
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2014 2:52pm | Report
That's your reason? There are several champs that get relentlessly camped. If you play him right, you would actually want to get camped. He has to be the strongest champion for an outnumbered scenario, even before level 6 where that strength is even more pronounced.

Plus, this is solo que. I can understand why he wouldn't be very attractive to a premade team, but that's beside the point.
Yes, that is Morgana. A thank you to Ubnoxius for this sig!
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2014 3:07pm | Report
Morde seems very item reliant to me and the low mobility is an issue because he just dies very easily to ganks when that's the case. I don't seem to see him as a good response in a 1v2 scenario in the same way Rumble is. If Morde sees a 1v2 situation, he'll just straight up die unless he can get a kill off with ult.

Upon further thinking, I'd say that even in a 1v1 matchup, he might have difficulties. Riven, Renekton, Irelia, Gnar, Rumble - all these champions could probably bully him out of lane quite easily and probably scale harder into the later game. Morde's abilities all naturally push as well, so unless you plan to only right click to farm, he'll have trouble accruing gold to actually deal damage. The first 3 top laners I mentioned could probably eat Morde's E and then Morde has no real other trading power.

His only blessing is that no matter how badly behind he might be, as long as he has his ultimate, he can still be relevant, but that's completely offset by how much the enemy team could potentially snowball off a Morde.

I'm not saying he's trash, but he's probably low tier 3 or 4, and so isn't really worth using. You can still kind of farm with him under turret, but that's never really an ideal situation. Worst case scenario even when you don't die is that enemy freezes your lane and you can't CS.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2014 3:12pm | Report
sirell wrote:
Morde seems very item reliant to me and the low mobility is an issue because he just dies very easily to ganks when that's the case. I don't seem to see him as a good response in a 1v2 scenario in the same way Rumble is. If Morde sees a 1v2 situation, he'll just straight up die unless he can get a kill off with ult.

Upon further thinking, I'd say that even in a 1v1 matchup, he might have difficulties. Riven, Renekton, Irelia, Gnar, Rumble - all these champions could probably bully him out of lane quite easily and probably scale harder into the later game. Morde's abilities all naturally push as well, so unless you plan to only right click to farm, he'll have trouble accruing gold to actually deal damage. The first 3 top laners I mentioned could probably eat Morde's E and then Morde has no real other trading power.

His only blessing is that no matter how badly behind he might be, as long as he has his ultimate, he can still be relevant, but that's completely offset by how much the enemy team could potentially snowball off a Morde.

I'm not saying he's trash, but he's probably low tier 3 or 4, and so isn't really worth using. You can still kind of farm with him under turret, but that's never really an ideal situation. Worst case scenario even when you don't die is that enemy freezes your lane and you can't CS.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2014 3:58pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:

Well I still don't think Kog is ****. I'd rate him tier 2 atm (or tier 3 if you want to be harsh). He still has great potential and he is, after all, pretty safe if the team is any good.

Yea I'd agree with that, he's still fairly viable.

Janitsu wrote:

Trist is still viable ADC despite the fact that she was nerfed. Her late game is still pretty strong and she can survive the early game to get some power.

I mean you can definitely still pick her and win but I'm pretty sure in most equal skill matchups now you should get destroyed throughout early and mid. Her lategame's good and all but I think in the vast majority of circumstances it's just not worth the risk anymore.

Janitsu wrote:

I think you are exaggerating Graves' power. He is quite strong but has some bad matchups and troubles against some champions. Some I could think of are Lucian, Corki and maybe Ezreal atm. He's tier 2 imo :p

The Lucian-Graves matchup is actually somewhat in Graves' advantage to the point where he's sometimes been called a counterpick, although it's definitely possible it can go either way. He's one of the few champions Graves outranges and in trades Graves tends to win because his Q + auto deals almost as much damage as Lucian's; but if Graves goes in with his passive even partially stacked he's far more tanky and will often come out with more hp. He obviously also outbursts him and wins all-in fights too, so the only part Lucian has a clear edge in is poking through minions with his Q. Corki is quite a tough one but if Ezreal beats Graves in an equal skill matchup I'm pretty sure Graves/his support is doing something wrong (or it was down to the support picks).

While you ADC nerds are here, mind explaining this Statikk Shiv rush thing I've been seeing?

If you mean first item I haven't seen anyone do that since it was somewhat popular on Trist. I'm pretty sure it's not very good.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2014 5:56pm | Report
Electro522 wrote:
That's your reason? There are several champs that get relentlessly camped. If you play him right, you would actually want to get camped. He has to be the strongest champion for an outnumbered scenario, even before level 6 where that strength is even more pronounced.

Plus, this is solo que. I can understand why he wouldn't be very attractive to a premade team, but that's beside the point.

Pre-made with my top laner or not, if I see a Morde top as a jungler, I'm going to camp the **** out of him, hell even if I'm playing Talon mid, I'll still camp that *****.

1. Mord has no gap closers, no mobility, not even a tiny bit of CC.

2. Mord's playstyle requires him to spam AoE spells which push the lane.

3. Top lane is the easiest lane in the game to gank.

Conclusion: Mord repeatedly pushes to tower in the easiest lane to gank, while having absolutely NOTHING in his kit to make up for it. Which makes him terrible.

If he works for you, fine, keep playing him. But he sucks.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2014 6:06pm | Report
Then why was Mordekaiser once considered OP before he got the shield nerfs, when he still had that flaws? He was played then at top as well.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2014 6:24pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Then why was Mordekaiser once considered OP before he got the shield nerfs, when he still had that flaws? He was played then at top as well.

That was Season 1, when everything was frigging broken. He was considered **** long before Season 2 even came around. High mobility champions weren't really as much a thing in S1.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2014 6:24pm | Report
Meta favored him. Less mobility back then.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide