Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Poppy Rework discussion

Creator: throatslasher November 24, 2015 6:00pm
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 4:33am | Report
My thoughts...

Kit:
Passive; pretty cool, using the shield instantly after killing a creep kind of forces Poppy to be more aggro in lane as to not waste it (one would think). The ability for the enemy to deny the shield is also pretty cool.

Q; Agree with Falseo here, really short range and will be hard to maximize. At least it slows.

W; By far her best play making ability now. Absolutely dumpsters Renekton trades.

E; Nothing has changed.

R; What in god's name is this ****. I mean I guess it will be cool to like, uber launch a dude away from your ADC, but outside of that, I don't see much point in tossing someone that far away unless you're sure this will kill them. Would be cool as **** if you could direct where the enemy lands, but that would be broken as hell, I guess.

Visuals:

Ok can I just talk about the level of uncanny valley we got going here? Rito says this is the first time a champ has had a fully animated face. This is ****ing creepy. It's not cute. Especially since they gave her normal human facial features on a munchkin fur creature. This seems to be the trend with female yordles and their reworks; they have human female qualities, but male Yordles remain looking like.. well, Yordles. Odd.

Other than her face creeping me out and being too pointy, the skins definitely got improved. I maaaaay actually buy Scarlet Hammer and Battle Regalia Poppy. Maybe.

Sounds:
I agree with whoever said her VO is repetitive. The constant references to the hero are rather annoying. 1 line about him would suffice (the "You're definitely not the Hero" line, probably), but there's at least 4 that I've heard. Also she sounds almost exactly like Tristana. They are probably different voice actresses but I feel like when they went to record, Rito was just like "Try your best to sound like Felicia Day!" On that note, the laugh is effing adorable though.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 5:30am | Report
^ Her ults makes fights 5v4s or even better for objectives like dragon and baron.
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 6:56am | Report
the splash art faces look fine. it's the in game model that is ****ing stupid.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
rankupColdbolt
<Member>
rankupColdbolt's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 7:03am | Report
I really hate the way they took away her shield. In her red skin, she looked bad *** as ****. Now she looks more of a hero but previously it was like "you come near me you **** and I'll destroy you"
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 7:14am | Report
Don't forget to look at the base stats, she has near 100 armor which is one of the highest stats for that in the game and that combined with constant 12% increased resistances is kinda huge. I would like if they changed her bonus AD ratios to full AD ratios so she could really benefit well from Sterak's Gage and go like a near full HP build while abusing Grasp of the Undying.

Also, Poppy vs Kalista?
He is gonna kill you!!!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 8:00am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
^ Her ults makes fights 5v4s or even better for objectives like dragon and baron.
Only if your team understands what's going on though. Doesn't seem like you can use it well if the fight already started with the channel time.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 8:12am | Report
Or you throw away the tanks and then only the carries are left.
He is gonna kill you!!!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 8:26am | Report
Only if your team understands what's going on though. Doesn't seem like you can use it well if the fight already started with the channel time.

Depends how far back she knocks without the full channel

On the upside, if you're losing a level 6 trade top you know what to do :^)

RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 8:59am | Report
watching some poppy on dyrus stream. she doesn't seem that bad actually.

The Q cd is really low, The w last for quite a while and gives her a speed boost. The passive does a sizable amount of damage and procs on hits as if it's a normal AA. The ult with no charge is basically a regular knock-up (although the duration of said knock-up is fairly long)

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 9:29am | Report
If a friendly Yasuo ults a target that Poppy has ulted, does Yasuo fly back with the target?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide