Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Poppy Rework discussion

Creator: throatslasher November 24, 2015 6:00pm
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 3:24pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Yasuo can only ult on her E, not R.

I don't know if this will work or not, but considering how enemies that dash into Poppy's W seem to get knocked up, can Yasuo ult off that brief knock-up?

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 3:52pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Kalista, nuff said.

I was wondering about how Poppy's W would interact with Kalista's passive. If it stops Kalista's hop, that'll make it effectively a snare on her. If that happens, I'll bet they end up reclassifying her hop to make sure that Poppy can't do that.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 3:59pm | Report
MungoGeri wrote:

I was wondering about how Poppy's W would interact with Kalista's passive. If it stops Kalista's hop, that'll make it effectively a snare on her. If that happens, I'll bet they end up reclassifying her hop to make sure that Poppy can't do that.

Kalista is actually able to walk and auto-attack. This stops her dash but she can still move + AA like a normal carry.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 4:04pm | Report
I disagree strongly. If a champ has nothing unique or interesting, she's not unique. Hence bland *****tain new Karma (still salty about this one). And the fact that she's just a mage makes her less fun.
Well, this doesn't apply to Poppy's new kit though. I think we can all agree that her new ult and W are both really unique.

Karma is a different topic, but I agree that may be the main reason why she's in such a bad spot as of now.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 11:13pm | Report
MungoGeri wrote:
But it's easier to have you do all the work. Seriously, I wouldn't have thought of Tristana's jump as a dash, so the situation is not as clear as it may seem.

this is a big reason why no one takes what you say seriously by the way, you dont take the time to actually look things up but you like posting so much that you spew whatever you think would work (it normally doesnt)

anyways ill probably find time to try her on the PBE now that thanksgiving is over and ill be trying her in the jungle since i havnt seen a lot of people doing that
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 11:43pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

this is a big reason why no one takes what you say seriously by the way, you dont take the time to actually look things up but you like posting so much that you spew whatever you think would work (it normally doesnt)

anyways ill probably find time to try her on the PBE now that thanksgiving is over and ill be trying her in the jungle since i havnt seen a lot of people doing that

Jungle Poppy could actually have better ganks after the rework. With the new W, she could potentially stop escapes and push them back into walls more often.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2015 12:26am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

Define "work"

Basically MOBAFire.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2015 12:34am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

I see that I have to use some kind of emoticon to let you know when something I say is a joke, no matter how obvious it is. I guess to you it's strange when someone asks questions in a thread about a radical rework of a champion that hasn't been released to the live servers, yet, and joins in speculation about possibilities about how that champion's skills could be used in game. Don't worry. I'm sure someone will hand feed you some build, mastery, and rune set and explain how precisely to play Poppy so that you don't have to think for yourself.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2015 3:45pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:

Jungle Poppy could actually have better ganks after the rework. With the new W, she could potentially stop escapes and push them back into walls more often.

i feel like the only good way to gank with her is from behind the enemy, lane ganks would only really work if you use your ult, which is pretty good if you get it fully charged on a pushing bot lane for a quick turret

MungoGeri wrote:
I see that I have to use some kind of emoticon to let you know when something I say is a joke, no matter how obvious it is. I guess to you it's strange when someone asks questions in a thread about a radical rework of a champion that hasn't been released to the live servers, yet, and joins in speculation about possibilities about how that champion's skills could be used in game.

you arnt speculating by being too lazy to look up tooltips (you can find them at Surrender@20 very easily) dont mistake being uninformed as speculation

MungoGeri wrote:
Don't worry. I'm sure someone will hand feed you some build, mastery, and rune set and explain how precisely to play Poppy so that you don't have to think for yourself.

you were the one expecting people to hand feed you answers to very simple questions instead of looking them up yourself lol

Define "work"

not runaans hurricane and the black cleaver on an adc (^:
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2015 4:05pm | Report
runaans + BC on ashe tho. your q shreds everyone in one auto attack c:

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide