Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Post your Game Stats here

Creator: iGotHacks January 30, 2011 5:25am
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2016 5:30am | Report
IT'S HER, NOT HIM. REK'SAI IS A FEMALE CHAMPION.

I would think of Rek'Sai more of an "it"... because it is from the Void and it is not Vel'Koz, who is clearly the most handsome and intelligent creature there ever has been.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2016 5:41am | Report
Rek'Sai is a she, mostly if not entirely because all the female champions before her were sexualised except for like, two? Three maybe

Basically MOBAFire.
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2016 6:17am | Report
She's a strong, independent female jungler who needs no leash.
Thanks to MissMaw for the sig!
Sticks and stones may break my bones, b*tch you can't phase me.
Ranked Misadventures
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2016 8:40am | Report
Re4XN wrote:

I would think of Rek'Sai more of an "it"... because it is from the Void and it is not Vel'Koz, who is clearly the most handsome and intelligent creature there ever has been.

Void creatures also have genders. Riot decided it would be super awesomely cool if they made Rek'sai a female despite everything about her seeming like she would be a male (which kinda makes me think it was a last-minute decision to make her female), hence the only people that know she's female are those that have heard that Riot said she was female.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2016 8:52am | Report
they made Rek'sai a female despite everything about her seeming like she would be a male
Why?

With humans, females tend to have idk longer hair, are generally smaller and have less deep voices, boobs. Whatever. But equate Rek'Sai to an animal instead. Lots of animals don't have many differences between the genders. Female cats and male cats look pretty much the same. In lots of animal species the females are larger, stronger, more aggressive etc. So in my mind, I don't see why I shouldn't view her as a female, considering we have no male of the species to compare her to anyway. Maybe the male Rek'Sais are twice in size, and if we put a male next to Rek'Sai, it'd be obvious she was a chick.

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Elusive Ferret's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2016 9:13am | Report

Void creatures also have genders. Riot decided it would be super awesomely cool if they made Rek'sai a female despite everything about her seeming like she would be a male (which kinda makes me think it was a last-minute decision to make her female), hence the only people that know she's female are those that have heard that Riot said she was female.

I think it's also partly down to how it's kind of a stereotype that monsters are usually male and it's a lot harder to make a monster appear female. Like you said, the only people that know she's female are the ones that have heard it from RIOT. If I didn't know the truth, I'd assume it was male and I bet most people would also think the same thing.

Hell, I still refer to her as he sometimes even though I know it's a she :D
I can't take back the words I never said
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2016 9:42am | Report
women are monsters though
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2016 9:49am | Report
Rek'Sai looks somewhat like an arthropod, and the sexual dimorphism is reversed from what we are used to in many arthropods. I don't see any reason to say she "looks male" either, because she's not a humanoid creature. There's no reason a male of her species wouldn't be smaller than her or not any different from her. It'd be like if they made a female champion that was the same crocodilian race as Renekton and Riot didn't give her breasts because they decided the race was reptilian (which would mean they didn't have mammary glands and wouldn't need breasts). You could argue the champion didn't look female within the narrow confines of what human females look like because they didn't have breasts, but they wouldn't be a mammal nor would they need mammalian anatomy and stereotypically feminine features to "look female".
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2016 9:51am | Report
I don't think Rek'Sai is part of a species, I'm pretty sure Void creatures don't really do species.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2016 9:52am | Report
I don't think Rek'Sai is part of a species, I'm pretty sure Void creatures don't really do species.
It doesn't really matter if she is or not, my point of "you don't have to look like a human woman to look female" is still valid.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide