Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Release Notes v. 1.0.0.125

Creator: Jebus McAzn September 13, 2011 6:50pm
1 2 3 4 5 6
gwadzila
<Member>
gwadzila's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 8:47am | Report
Yeah, his Q was the only buff really necessary IMO.
Credit to jhoijhoi for this intense battle.
Whenever you +Rep me, a puppy finds a home.
My builds: Gragas Veigar Soraka
My Blog is f*cking important.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 9:30am | Report
Quoted:

Mathematically, Brand has the highest potential AoE damage in the game.
Him and Orianna made me think the AoE meta would take off again.

It's pretty commonly accepted at this point by competitive players that brand's lategame is trash. You are assuming that brand hits his ****. Positionally speaking, hitting his spells on who he wants to just won't happen, as you will need to at least save your E+Q to survive, unless you want to rambo in, risk not hitting your spells, and then be a certain death.

Quoted:
Pretty sure the point was to shift some early game power into late game power.
Garen has always been good early game, a little too good, while steadily dropping off late.

I think this is a nice change.

Not sure you understand... Garen's lategame is absolutely fine. After early game you just build full tank, be incredibly difficult to kill because of courage, and just flash Q one of their carries for a sure kill. His lategame is very strong, it didn't need a buff, and his early game virtually takes no hits with these changes.

Quoted:

I'd say the buff to Netherblade solves that. The extra 10 damage and going up to 90 damage late game is really nice.

Solves his farming problem? Really? Is netherblade ranged all of a sudden?

Quoted:
The armor and mana buffs were for his jungle... o_o

Well those are pretty trivial buffs then, since Olafs don't even use E much in jungle and the armor buff just slows his jungle down. I'm just throwing out the possibility.

Quoted:

They want her late-game to be good. You have to account for her high skill-ceiling.
Her damage needs to stay rewarding for her difficulty level, and right now it's close to the right spot.

It's her early game that's still kind of messed up. She can zone, harass, and last-hit, all at the same time.

Her late game isn't just good, it's too good. She has one of the most game breaking ultimates and tons of utility that only Zil comes close to. Not to mention she does a **** ton more damage than Zil.

Quoted:
The base-ad scaling improves his jungle slightly too. Shaves off 5~10 seconds on what is already a very very fast jungle route.

That's great. That doesn't address any of his problems, but great.

Quoted:
His jungle...? >_>
This was exactly what people wanted. His jungling was weak despite him being suppose to be a champion whose thematically a beast who scampers out of the brush, grabs you, and drags you to your doom.

OK, I see your point here. I have still yet to see a Skarner that impresses me though.

Quoted:
Actually, the stun compression may not be as good as before.

The stun loses a 0.5 second duration if the enemy is running away from you, and now tenacity will reduce it more effectively.

Quoted:
Actually, the stun compression may not be as good as before.

The stun loses a 0.5 second duration if the enemy is running away from you, and now tenacity will reduce it more effectively.

Particle speed dude.. You can't just slowly jog to the safety of your tower like you could before. This makes taric much more dangerous.

Quoted:

In my opinion, Morgana is good where she is.

Her Black Shield is reduced by magic damage. So if you apply some burst, she cripples quite quickly.
The general strategy is to build Zhonya's Hourglass so you can survive diving in with your ultimate AND use the shield on your carry.

I feel its her spell-vamp passive needs a rework however.
Morgana stays in lane EXTREMELY well purely through Soul Siphon. It should be split up like how Swain and Irelia's ultimates were changed up.

I believe the proper stats are 15/25/35% spellvamp.
I feel this should be adjusted to something like: "5/15/25% flat spellvamp, spells gains bonus 15% spellvamp while dealing damage to champions."

Encouraging her to aim her combo at her lane opponent more often over spamming Tormented Shadow on minion waves]].

Morgana good where she is??? I'm sorry but just.. Facepalm.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
SpicyRice
<Member>
SpicyRice's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 11:41am | Report
AD sion is viable again :D. he just was outclassed ever since his nerfs in april. now he is back in town and i think better than he was before the nerfs, at least in AD form.

POW.

check it out if you guys are interested...
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 12:07pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

Not sure you understand... Garen's lategame is absolutely fine. After early game you just build full tank, be incredibly difficult to kill because of courage, and just flash Q one of their carries for a sure kill. His lategame is very strong, it didn't need a buff, and his early game virtually takes no hits with these changes.

People, including Rioters, have been disagreeing for quite sometime. They've always felt his late game was rather lack-luster. But, I don't main Garen, so I won't comment further.

Garen isn't suppose to build full tank. He's suppose to be tanky dps.
Maybe the base-damage nerf wasn't good enough, but this direction is basically pushing people to build more AD and less defense.

EvilDice wrote:

Well those are pretty trivial buffs then, since Olafs don't even use E much in jungle and the armor buff just slows his jungle down. I'm just throwing out the possibility.

His jungle was extremely fast to begin with. The problem is, when Olaf does jungle, his gets so ridiculously low that mid or bottom enemies can waltz into the jungle and 1shot him if they warded red.

This knowledge is so common now that the very act of playing jungle olaf is a proverbial "gank me" sign.

EvilDice wrote:

Her late game isn't just good, it's too good. She has one of the most game breaking ultimates and tons of utility that only Zil comes close to. Not to mention she does a **** ton more damage than Zil.

Her unsightly early game was what allowed her to farm and build into a super strong late game.
Her ultimate is only game breaking if you actually land the dam thing, which is NOT easy.

Riot wants Orianna to be a rewarding champion with a high skill cap / potential output.

She was originally too rewarding for how easy it was to play her. They nerfed her shield and a ratio or two. (I forgot)
They liked the damage she was at, because at the end of the day, she was still suppose to be a difficult champion with lots of damage potential.

So instead of gutting her damage, they raised her difficulty by hitting her range and mana costs. This early game/utility nerf will definitely show in her late game through a trickling effect.

EvilDice wrote:

Morgana good where she is??? I'm sorry but just.. Facepalm.

Like I said, the thing she needs is a shift in her sustain power.

You said so yourself that Morgana "Will not lose vs an ap mid." Why is that?
Because of her massive sustain from using Tormented Shadow with Soul Siphon.

Like with Orianna. I think her late game "design-wise" is good.
The problem that needs to be hit is her solidly immovable early game that lets her always roll into her late-game without any trouble.

Basically, how do you stop an unstoppable car from running wild? Don't let it start running in the first place.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 1:08pm | Report
Her Black Shield is still a bit too good. Even with the increased CD it's basically a medium duration cleanse. I'd like to see a base damage protection nerf at the least. The combination of targetable spell immunity+magic shield with a medium long duration affords too much team utility IMO. Even with it's appropriate CD it adds to her lane sustain especially against an AP champion.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 4:11pm | Report
@JEFFY40HANDS:

Black Shield has its own glaring weaknesses.
Who here remembers when it just blatantly blocks all spells for the duration? So OP.

Now, it can't block physical or true damage, and it's tolerance for magic damage is moderate at best.
AND, it most certainly is not a cleanse. It can't be cast while cc'd, so if you catch her off-guard, she's very likely to get killed.

If her spell-vamp were tuned downward for lane power, her farm would suffer, which invariably affects how much magic damage the shield can handle as well, and thus make it easier to burst her down when she dives in.
Just remember she is suppose to dive right into groups of 3+ enemies to cast Soul Shackles, so her kits does deserve the strong protection.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 12:09am | Report
The following has nothing to do with morgana.

Shaco feels like 200 times better. I stopped using him because of the bugs, and now..he feels like a champion.
Avengeil
<Member>
Avengeil's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 10:47am | Report
morde will be proven if he's nerfed too much or not...

But I can't say that I'm sad with it...works for me non-morde player...
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide