Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Shak3y's corner: Climbing out of hell...

Creator: Shak3y June 29, 2011 3:48am
1 2
Shak3y
<Member>
Shak3y's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 3:48am | Report
Climbing out of hell.

So, I just broke into my 100th solo que ranked win. A minor achievement. So far I’ve managed to climb from 1000 to 1200 elo. Not bad, not good either. It all seem rather frustrating. Bad team-mates; feeders, flamers, trolls, leavers and the down right stupid. I thought I was going to go through the endless cycle of 1:1 win loss due to bad teams. Feeling frustrated by this whole situation I took a step back to look at what’s happening.

To help us understand what we have to do we should consider the words of Rick Pitino, an American born athlete born in 1952.

“Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer.”
Rick Pitino

When you start to think about this quote, and relate it to LOL terms it starts to make a lot of sense.
To be excellent is to always improve. Improving is unlimited in ability. Ability and understanding!
For the ability to win games you must let go of the mis-conception that nothing is your fault.
This seems strange but alas true. Take our recent 5v5 tournament for instance, I’m sure you played your best and still lost. I’m sure the teams that won had un-nerving situations. I know for a fact that our game with rageQUIT was all in the balance. We were 6 kills up, 2 towers and 1 dragon. But still lost.
Everyone can improve.

Once you accept that each game could have been won you will start to see changes. You notice advantageous situations more often. You do more to try and win the game by playing better each minute.
Each time you let a champion away with 10hp, don’t /all luck. Instead ask how he got away? And, I could have killed him if I…
In a team fight know your aim. If you go into a team fight with no goal, no goals will be achieved. Always have a goal. Even In the limbo game. Have a goal like “place 3 wards.”

It’s these small things that I learnt while taking an outside look on my game. I’m not a perfect team-mate, but I always aim to play better every match. Once I started having this outlook on my game I started to improve individually. Making better decisions and calls.

But, sometimes this isn’t enough. I needed a Duo partner. What I would say to people looking for a duo partner is include a plural (s). Don’t just have one. I have 3 duo partners, all of which I trust. All of which I have on skype. All of which know how to accept their mistakes….. Well, apart from one.
Why I trust them is because one is my brother. One is my friend from school. I know that they will always be looking at what I’m doing all the time and warn me if I’m our of position. As I will always watch what they are doing.

We started doing bottom lane. One would support and one would AD carry, and we would always take it in turns. This keeps it fresh and gives each of us a better understanding of the roles the others do bottom. We made a rule that the carry would focus solely on last hits. We do this very intensely. The carry would hardly ever look at the mini-map. Only harassing if there are no low hp minions. A skill which I am only just starting to master. The support would focus of zoning the enemy, healing the carry and ALWAYS have one eye on the mini-map.

In our set-up the support is the eyes and the mouth. The support looks at the mini-map tells the carry what’s going on. The support will tell the carry to back if he senses danger and tell the carry his CS compared the other carry. In the true sense, with the aid of skype our support is the ultimate baby-sitter.
With this set up we always dominate our bottom lane, communication is key. It’s what makes us dominate.

It’s great, but again…

I take a step back.

Is the support AD bottom the best way to win games?

This question is my new unlimited ability to improve the quality of what I have to offer.

Shak3y/vortexi
Think. analysis. and improve you game. Always
Shak3y
<Member>
Shak3y's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 3:49am | Report
Another wee article that if you bothered reading i hoped was rather insightfull for you :)
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 3:52am | Report
I usually go into games saying "don't crash...don't crash... please don't crash"

and if i don't crash, its a good-game 8)

Nice read though. good job on slowly moving up in ELO!

Hwaiting!
BigDaddyPedro
<Member>
BigDaddyPedro's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 3:57am | Report
+ Rep

Read the whole thing and agree. Especially with the whole "OMG he got away with 5 hp /all Luck" but instead to ask how and where you went wrong. Though sometimes it can be luck.

I havent solo queued in Ranked as I'm **** scared of getting a messed up ELO because everyone out there seems so depressed when they are stuck in "ELO hell"

But I guess we all have to try new things.
Zhank you to jhoijhoi and Spoon as well as wRAth for the awesomez Sigz <3
Shak3y
<Member>
Shak3y's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 4:32am | Report
yea, once you get over the 'fear' of ranked. It's fine. It's funny though. Now in team select. I can usually guess if we will win or lose. Or be a hard game just by how people act.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 7:55am | Report
I've kinda figured out that until you learn to carry a 4v5, you will never get out of the 1000-1200 ELO range.
Been bouncing around there for a bit. Dropped down to the 1100~ range after an AFK-er and a leaver.
True love is found only in yourself.
princessmisery
<Member>
princessmisery's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 10:21am | Report
I play this way every time in ranked. I am constantly learning and improving. I'm still in the hole with wins in ranked. I've taken a break and have just been enjoying bot and normal games with my boyfriend lately. I'll get back into the hardcore later. I'm just having fun for now. But it's really good to know that other's share my feelings. Great post.
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 10:28am | Report
I actually prefer playing ranked over normal sometimes. Although the consequences for losing are greater, and the likelihood of running into ******s is higher, on those occasions when everyone comes together and works as a smart team, it's great. However, this is a team game, and often enough 1 or 2 ******s is enough to screw your whole team over. Unfortunately, the opposite is not true. 1 or 2 smart, coordinated players usually isn't enough to save a game.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 11:43am | Report
I'm bouncing around the lower 1200's and the mid 1200's and coming from 800the number one thing I can say is , " live to fight another day." you lose one game move on and start fresh .
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
REPTARRRRRRRRRR
<Member>
REPTARRRRRRRRRR's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 7:40am | Report
Just to let you know in the 7th paragraph "me if I’m our of position. As I will always watch what they are doing." the part were it says "our" should be "out" just letting you know, but good guide i wish all people had your view on the game
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide