Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Solo top sivir.

Creator: PotatisFarfar October 19, 2011 5:46pm
10 posts - page 1 of 1
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 5:46pm | Report
Going to bed now.

Will add more thoughts later. But what do you think about this?
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 5:50pm | Report
Sivir's a niche pick for a pushing comp that is fairly difficult to use now.

Fleet of Foot is a subpar skill as Sivir should be avoiding getting hit anyway.
Boomerang Blade is weak if thrown through a minion wave.
Ricochet grants her amazing AoE DPS potential (being able to hit someone without hitting them...
Spell Shield is... a spell-shield.
On The Hunt is one of the best steroids in the game because of its team fight potential.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 5:51pm | Report
Why the heck not?

Good timing on the shield will help shrug off harass. You're ranged... sorta' so, you got that going for ya'. You're going to end up tanky at the end anyway because of Sivir's terrible range so, why not?
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 5:54pm | Report
Her dodge potential helps her deal with the standard AD top, but her spell shield helps her deal with AP mid.

I dunno, she might do fairly well top, what with her out-ranging the standard melee top practice. I haven't tried building her as a tanky dps, but with the damage that boomerang blade can do, the potential for nullifying things coming her way, and Ricochet and On The Hunt being awesome, I can see some potential there.
BunkerBob
<Member>
BunkerBob's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 5:57pm | Report
She is so horribly mana hungry, she does ok with a taric bot though.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 5:59pm | Report
@Beeswarm:

Tank Sivir was actually quite popular before her nerf on Q.

Getting the dodge runes and masteries with Warmog's Armor and Atma's Impaler made her a beastly pusher.
Easily outrun chasers with dodge boosts, spell shield, and ult when necessary and Q+W cleaned up minions super fast.

Tank Pusher Sivir can outpush Master Yi; and intimidated people just as much with Teleport
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 6:18pm | Report
BunkerBob wrote:

She is so horribly mana hungry, she does ok with a taric bot though.

I've never understood this. She has a mana replenish from her spell shield. Just don't whiff it. =_= All of her mana issues are ignored late game because she's NOT mana hungry. Early game mana issues stem from either not turning off ricochet (which you really shouldn't be using early) and spamming Boomerang Blade. And at roughly 100 mana a shot, don't whiff it.

@Jun:

I'll need to toy around with that. She was my main in my earlier days, and I hadn't really given a thought to her as a tanky character. Might be fun to play around with, so thanks for the tips. :)
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 6:44pm | Report
Spell Shield isn't the easiest thing to use consistently (if you're trying to net mana). Poker champions can often feint an attack and force the shield, then harass/zone when it's on cooldown. Combo champions can sometimes blast past the shield and do a ton of damage anyway. Some champions have instant (or close to instant) spells to harass with.

I'm not saying Spell Shield is bad, but it's not always a reliable way to keep up your mana. I personally would try to use mp5 seals if possible (some might prefer dodge).

EDIT: Philosopher's Stone also helps a ton.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 6:49pm | Report
Sivir's mana is manageable with mp5 seals.

Sivir couldn't work well top, because it's easy as hell to gank top and even easier to gank sivir. She would die every 10 seconds top, especially with most matchups.

If anything, put her bottom with a support against a weak AD carry.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Yagamoth
<Member>
Yagamoth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 1:55am | Report
I'd put her mid if you want to solo.. Spellshield is flat out amazing to absorb CC and simply walk away, you are almost like Morgana - ungankable.

She should work solo top too. Many Champs rely on hitting two spells to be most effective, spellshielding one negates that completely.

I recently played Sivir solo top against an Akali. I have no idea whether Sivir counters Akali or that Akali was just simply bad. Spellshielding the Qs negated a ton of damage, and early Executioners Calling kept Akali from healing and me sustaining in lane while harassing.
"I'd love to write a guide about 'getting out of elo hell', but I can't find a way to get in there.."

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide