Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Support question?

Creator: Dupidsk8ter September 7, 2013 11:46am
1 2
Dupidsk8ter
<Member>
Dupidsk8ter's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2013 11:46am | Report
Are the gold per 10 runes even worth it? I mean I think i would rather some durability runes considering I usually play a tanky support. Even if you are jam packed with gold p/s runes it only ends up equaling about 2-3 minion kills a minute. If you were to get runes that compliment a lane with kill pressure, ultimately leading to more assists, Wouldn't this be more ideal?
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2013 11:56am | Report

Are the gold per 10 runes even worth it?

3 Gold per 10 quints translates to one extra Vision Ward every ~7 minutes. You could, alternatively, get +78 Health, or some offensive stats that can snowball your lane. I have health quints in my support rune pages now, with the exception of taking one of my AP pages when playing with Sona/Janna.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Malin
<Member>
Malin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2013 12:21pm | Report
I have 4 different pages with support runes. I like the GP10 runes when i play ranked because you never know if you're gonna end up winning ur lane or not and the GP10 help when u turtle imo.

http://i.imgur.com/No5ZEEg.jpg
👌👌👌👌👌👌 pc master race 👌👌👌👌👌👌
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2013 12:29pm | Report
Relevant:

http://blog.ibuypower.com/2013/08/how-to-play-support-in-solo-q/

As a support main, I've always run GP10 Quints on the majority of my support champions. There are some unconventional supports I play that don't utilise it or there are other stats which might be more beneficial for a specific champ, but 9/10 I will be bringing GP10s in a serious game.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2013 12:36pm | Report
I prefer to play janna so I run gp/10 cause I never really do anything in lane except protect my adc and enhance their trading potential or set up opportunities with my cc which often have barely any counter play.

Obviously health quints on leona or magic pen on sona are better than gp10 but if you think you'll be mostly playing passive supports then I think gp10 is a fine choice
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2013 12:57pm | Report
The amount of money you get from GP10 is negligible compared to gold generation from other sources. Take a 45 minute winning game:

Base gold = 525g
Dragons = 190g-760g
Turrets = 600-1650g
Wards destroyed = 300-600g
Passive gold generation = 4698g
Kill/Assist gold = 1000-3000g
Minions = 0g-1200g

3 GP5 quints = 783g

Even for a long 45 minute game you get less than 800 gold from GP5 quints; if you take a decent offensive or defensive stat in quints instead, you could either get an early kill and snowball your lane (giving your team a lead of several thousand gold from stronger objective control and zoning), or survive in a low level all-in situation, denying the enemy team an early kill.

I honestly believe GP5 quints are overrated and not at all necessary to win the vision war, but if you still want to buy them, nothing's stopping you.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2013 4:50pm | Report
I usually take the HP Quints when I support just to help with the poke in lane.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2013 5:27pm | Report
Yeah, even though I said I run mostly GP10 quints, I've recently been shifting to Health Quints.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2013 5:41pm | Report
I've not been paying much attention to it now, but I sometimes take MS Quints, especially on Leona. I didn't unlock HP Quints yet.

Sig made by elenah
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2013 6:55pm | Report

Are the gold per 10 runes even worth it? I mean I think i would rather some durability runes considering I usually play a tanky support. Even if you are jam packed with gold p/s runes it only ends up equaling about 2-3 minion kills a minute. If you were to get runes that compliment a lane with kill pressure, ultimately leading to more assists, Wouldn't this be more ideal?

i think 1 or 2 of them on a page is worth it, I don't think running 3g/10 quints is worth it and it's certainly not worth it to run yellow g/10 quints. My current set up is 2 flat health quints and 1 g/10 quint
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide