Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Turret Range Indicators

Creator: Satella October 16, 2013 9:08pm
1 2
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 9:08pm | Report
They're coming soon... but only for tutorial and bot games.

I'm really confused as to why they decided to keep this out of PvP. We have jungle timers, segmented health bars, leash range indicators, AND indicators for autoattack as well as spell range. Why can't we have a turret range indicator be available? Near-turret harass and shenanigans can be made more precise rather than guesswork.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 9:11pm | Report
Because it is unfair for those who spent hours mastering the turrets range?
Would hate to see a PhD in tower mechanics go to waste.

In all serious, they might be finally catching on that they might be babying us as players a little too much.

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 9:15pm | Report
agreed with Josh.

I think it's a great idea for Bot games and Tutorials, but I don't think it needs to be in PVP we got the Chime sound effect not to long ago and I think that's good enough.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 9:46pm | Report
The reason they're not throwing it straight into PvP is because it's pretty heavy-handed. If they come up with something more subtle they might include it. Personally I don't think it's super necessary but I wouldn't be against it either, especially if they find a more elegant approach.

EDIT: Like altering the terrain slightly to reflect turret range, rather than having a huge circle on the HUD.
Thanks to Fatelblade for the sig!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 9:54pm | Report
showing turret range in game (non tutorials/bots) is ******ed. what we need is less handholding and more variety/flexibility.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 10:17pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

but I wouldn't be against it either, especially if they find a more elegant approach.

Mouse over turret to see range? Really, not asking for much here. Right now it's literally impossible to see the exact range of that thing in-game.

caucheka wrote:

showing turret range in game (non tutorials/bots) is ******ed. what we need is less handholding and more variety/flexibility.

The exact same thing was said when jungle camp indicators were added to league. People are inherently averse to change and biased, so please think it over before you speak out against it.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 10:19pm | Report
Yeah, the mouseover would be nice imo. If it is like the oracle's range indicator I can live with it :P
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 10:32pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:

Yeah, the mouseover would be nice imo. If it is like the oracle's range indicator I can live with it :P

if it's just the mouse over I agree that wouldn't be all bad
Sig by Janitsu
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 11:29pm | Report
leash indicator? what?
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2013 12:37am | Report
smite has a circle in the map around turrets that shows if youre in range or not, but you dont play that in a birds eye view

i think a small circle or something around the turret would be nice, it doesnt have to change colors to warn you if youre going to get shot or not or be tinted or anything but a small circle would be nice

serious question caucheka but how is having a range indicator on turrets stopping variety and flexibility? if anything itll offer more "planned" turret dives since people will actually know the ranges of turrets without playing hundreds of games and allowing for better poking under turrets to allow winning lanes to win instead of "oh no am i getting too close? i better not go in to poke the turret might hit me IM SO SCARED"
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide