Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Vynertje's Support AMA and advice thread

Creator: Vynertje December 30, 2014 5:15am
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2015 7:17pm | Report
Dunno about anyone else, but I prefer Q max on her now.

I thought that was what all did ?
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2015 7:28pm | Report
So did I, but a quick glance at probuilds suggests otherwise.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2015 10:10pm | Report
The snare duration increase is devastating imo. Especially if your ADC can easily punish your opponents lack of mobility in some way (caitlyn because of the range advantage or vayne because the cc allows you to easily chain a condemn, and get multiple peeps of silver bolts off)
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2015 10:20pm | Report
The massive poke from Q just means you can keep them so low that properly landing the snare is instant death anyways.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2015 1:06am | Report
I tend to rotate between both options. I find myself maxing E vs supports who can all in me :P

Either way, both options are about the same in plat in terms of viability. Sadly, zyra isn't exactly in the best spot right now, though I can see her wrecking Bard in lane for as long as he remains popular :>
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2015 1:20am | Report
Haven't really played Zyra that much but if the root duration is increased by lvling up E I would probably go for that.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2015 1:44am | Report
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, but IMO your ability to poke is noticeably (and, usually, needlessly) reduced by maxing E first on Zyra. Given that poking people to death feels sort of like the point of playing her, I really don't get it. You might as well play Morgana instead if you just want a snare and a delayed AoE CC ultimate. Dark Binding's cooldown is slightly shorter than Grasping Roots with a lower mana cost at most ranks, a longer snare duration by a lot at all ranks, and slightly more range. Dark Binding even has higher base damage, better AP scaling, and a faster projectile speed. The only thing about Grasping Roots that's better is the fact that it can snare multiple targets, which you can do whether it has one rank or five. I can understand maxing E against a champion who might actually be able to all-in you, but that's pretty much it. I don't usually play Zyra against that **** anyways.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2015 2:49am | Report
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, but IMO your ability to poke is noticeably (and, usually, needlessly) reduced by maxing E first on Zyra.

Exactly. I always go for Q myself.

Q poke is a lot more reliable and the absurd poke in lane right now is the only thing she excels at.
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2015 3:03am | Report
Well it's a potential AoE root that can travel through minions, and 1 extra second on that seems kinda huge. Also it makes it easier to chain up your ultimate. In theory E seems a lot stronger than Q in all aspects except in early lane phase.

I'll probably go E>Q from now on with her. Fail E, be useless :D
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2015 4:01am | Report
Slappiz wrote:
Well it's a potential AoE root that can travel through minions, and 1 extra second on that seems kinda huge. Also it makes it easier to chain up your ultimate. In theory E seems a lot stronger than Q in all aspects except in early lane phase.

I'll probably go E>Q from now on with her. Fail E, be useless :D

Problem is its super easy to dodge so your lane is a lot harder that way (not to forget the damage output is lower). In that case you could better do it like Thresh: level Q before 6 for lane, max E after 6 for mid game fights.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide