Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

What happened to Orianna??? D:

Creator: UnXpctd Answers October 4, 2011 8:29am
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 2:04pm | Report
Classic case of being super OP in the hands of good players.

Now the avg player wants to use her and she needs another buff lol.

ahh...
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 2:12pm | Report
Searz wrote:

No, jun. She was a LITTLE overnerfed, but certainly not much ofc. Her lane was never anything more than strong, but nerfing the range of her AAs by 50 and her ball by 100 made a BIG dent in her laning power. Adding the 10 increased mana cost on that would pretty much cripple her in a lot of matchups and she'll flat out lose them..

Agree. Her strength wasn't her lane power before either. To me it was always in her epic range Tibbers-drop-damage aoe singed fling, and her haste and her shield. Her stronger lane did enable her to more safely farm and achieve that power later, however.

For an AP carry type, she has epic amounts of support skills (I think she's a fine support personally) that work wonders, and that's why I think she's still a good choice for an AP carry.

It's like comparing other AD Carries to Ashe. Even though Ashe may deal less damage, her utility can at times make up for it. *Shrug*

I personally prefer Brand to Orianna and Vayne to Ashe. I prefer the damage.

But she is still good for her utility.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 2:17pm | Report
Searz wrote:

No, jun. She was a LITTLE overnerfed, but certainly not much ofc. Her lane was never anything more than strong, but nerfing the range of her AAs by 50 and her ball by 100 made a BIG dent in her laning power. Adding the 10 increased mana cost on that would pretty much cripple her in a lot of matchups and she'll flat out lose them..

Or... People have yet to learn how to play her again because they're used to how easy she was. And people are distracted by Dominion and other focuses of forum chatter like Morgana... Outlying factors!

A lot has been happening this month, and I'd say it's safe to say few people are trying to pioneer a recently nerfed 'ranged' champion back into viability when they could be playing recently buffed champions and dominating dominion with more popular 'melee' champions.

Though, I forgot about the auto-attack range nerf. I don't really think that was needed. But it's hardly impossible to work with.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 2:25pm | Report
riot has a tendency to overnerf champions, I don't play her but I wouldn't be surprised if she was overnerfed
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
KillaTheNinja
<Member>
KillaTheNinja's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 2:26pm | Report
Majority of mages don't work well is Dominion...don't know about Ori. Dominion is a place where the likes of Rammus, Skarner, Heim...etc. really shine.

In Summoners-Rift she's still incredibly beastly, and one of the best mages in the game.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 2:27pm | Report
The combo of nerfs finally did hit her pretty hard Jun.

She's still pretty good, but she did get hit hard.

The question is why pick her when other champs are better?
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 3:03pm | Report
The nerf was suppose to hit her hard. She was still OP.
The HARDness of the nerf was necessary.

People don't pick Orianna because the other casters are either OP or easier to use.
Morgana, Annie, etc..

And casters aren't all that impressive on Dominion. Except LeBlanc.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 3:25pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

The nerf was suppose to hit her hard. She was still OP.
The HARDness of the nerf was necessary.

They shouldn't have hit her range, that was the only thing making her better than other casters. With her range gone and her mana costs much higher, they don't pick her because she's harder but on the same level as other casters. The same (ish) damage, the same (ish) range, but harder, there's no reason to.

She's a little bad right now because of that. You yield no better results playing Orianna when the other AP casters do the same but their skills are easier to land. They should have just nerfed her base damage, her mana costs or something, her range was what made her fun and unique to play - and separated her from other AP carries.

She needed a nerf, just not to her range.

Also, yeah, non-mobile mages aren't all that good on Dominion.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 3:35pm | Report
@Xenasis:

She's not one the same level as other casters. Her AP ratios are still top-notch, making her effective nuke one of the most powerful in the game.

If you can actually pull it off, it'd still be more powerful then Annie or Morgana nukes.

It's only the difficulty that's gone up. She's restricted by mana costs mainly.
Before, you could just fling the ball to harass as freely as you want - You could send the Q way back onto the enemy, then use it again to move it over 200 distance to hit the champion again - That's called a 'fake cost' - No consequence for casting it.
Now you have to take into account where it lands for later due to the cost of moving it - That's a lot more depth that a lot of people probably dislike. But it's not something people can't learn to work with.

Also, the range on Q definitely needed a nerf. Being able to harass a person whose 200~400 distance behind their caster minions from behind your minion wave is just stupid.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 3:39pm | Report
Searz wrote:

They might have overnerfed her a bit. The range nerf was probably needed, but the mana nerf wasn't imo. She was pretty normal in lane before, but now she's kinda bad and gets beaten by a lot of champions in lane.

LOL NO I STILL RAPE EVERYTHING WITH ORI

she is still 150% viable and hurts a ****tun, still one of the best characters in the game because of the damage and utility she brings; her laning phase is a little harder coz of the mana and range nerfs, but if you are good with her and have good positioning you can still rape everything alive...just a little less safe (gotta get 100 range closer); still safer harass than any other ap? :)

around comparable to brand's w harass actually.
Bloofyre wrote:
May a squadron of beautiful vaginas find their way to your crotch by day's end.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide