Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion should I buy? Should I get XXX...

Creator: DEWO April 8, 2011 5:18am
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2016 8:25pm | Report
Villainy wrote:
I like to play ranged champs. Currently really enjoying playing Lux mid. However I have trouble against assassins like zed who can win an all in quite easily after 6. Any suggestions on a ranged mid laner that's fairly safe to pick into assassin match-ups?

Build Zhonya's! Lux is a pretty decent pick vs Zed because the shield blocks a lot of his dmg and hourglass really helps her.

If you're looking for a new champion entirely I'd say that Morg plays fairly similarly to Lux and can simply push the lane and will very rarely die to Zed in lane because he really should never get the chance to all in you.

Lissandra is considered somewhat of a hardcounter as well because she has 2 ways of mitigating Zed's damage and does decently herself, but she doesn't play much like Lux.

Ahri is another option who plays similarly to lux and is kind of a balance between Morg and Liss in playstyle, but it really is a skill matchup because you NEED to land charm after he ults or there's no point in picking her for lane.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2016 8:29pm | Report
Ekki wrote:
Already got to the 6300 IP. Any suggestion?

Are you playing jungle or top?

Either way I'd actually recommend Olaf. He's not super mechanically intensive and is the definition of a bruiser tank, though he doesn't have much CC (mind you neither do Rengar Kha'zix or rek'sai). If you are looking for more of the tanky kind of champion I'd really suggest Cho. He has CC, damage, and tank, although he doesn't excel at any of those to to much - but he's reliable and can have a super huge impact on the game thanks to his true damage and in the right comp.

Villainy
<Member>
Villainy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2016 10:27pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Build Zhonya's! Lux is a pretty decent pick vs Zed because the shield blocks a lot of his dmg and hourglass really helps her.

If you're looking for a new champion entirely I'd say that Morg plays fairly similarly to Lux and can simply push the lane and will very rarely die to Zed in lane because he really should never get the chance to all in you.

Lissandra is considered somewhat of a hardcounter as well because she has 2 ways of mitigating Zed's damage and does decently herself, but she doesn't play much like Lux.

Ahri is another option who plays similarly to lux and is kind of a balance between Morg and Liss in playstyle, but it really is a skill matchup because you NEED to land charm after he ults or there's no point in picking her for lane.

Oh so it's actual more a skill match-up? Even with Zhonya's, I find it hard to hit skill shots because he can dodge so easy. I guess that's what makes it a skill match-up, huh.

Is the correct order against Zed Morello > Zhonya's > Deathcap then?
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2016 4:27am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:
Are you playing jungle or top?
I'm playing both. Back when I posted this I preferred a jungle suggestion but since I started playing Vi and bought Rengar I'd rather have a top laner.

Nighthawk wrote:
Either way I'd actually recommend Olaf. He's not super mechanically intensive and is the definition of a bruiser tank, though he doesn't have much CC (mind you neither do Rengar Kha'zix or rek'sai). If you are looking for more of the tanky kind of champion I'd really suggest Cho. He has CC, damage, and tank, although he doesn't excel at any of those to to much - but he's reliable and can have a super huge impact on the game thanks to his true damage and in the right comp.
Thanks! I already have Cho'Gath, so I'll try him, he seems to be quite strong in the current meta. I already spent all my IP, but I'll try Olaf if he's on rotation (it'll take a while to get some IP back).
17thWarrior
<Member>
17thWarrior's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2016 10:17am | Report
oh god well i made a threat about the next question didnt notice this
anyway
am totally unskilled player
so i like Tanker champs not only tanker cuz pure tank is boring so i like tanker with dmg
so im confused about volibear/shyvana/shen/pantheon for ( Top Lane and Jungle )
and unfortunately i cant buy em all cuz i just have 5000 IP's
so what do you think also if you have another idea let me know
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2016 10:24am | Report
  • Volibear deals good damage while building full tank (his Frenzy scales off HP).
  • Shen was reworked to deal decent damage if played correctly, but last time I tried him I couldn't manage to pull off too much damage.
  • Shyvana deals good damage in the jungle with Enchantment: Devourer, Titanic Hydra and then full tank, but you're kinda weak early.
  • Pantheon shouldn't build too tanky. I wouldn't recommend him if you're looking for a tank.

Of those 4 I would recommend Volibear and maybe Shyvana.

Other strong tanks that deal decent damage would be Dr. Mundo and Garen.
17thWarrior
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2016 10:48am | Report
garen is good but i wanna play with 1 champ so i role it and main it
because i dont like losing alot of games at ranked team
so garen is so good at top but huh i always get the 1st pick so its easy to pick a counter for him
about mundo i have this champ but am totally 0 dont know which runes or masteries or even items for him
so volibear or shyvana
which better u guess
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2016 11:28am | Report
Ohhh, if you want to main a tank-ish champ I recommend Irelia or Cho'Gath. Those two don't have too many counters since you can outplay most matchups.

Between Volibear and Shyvana I say Volibear since you can play him both top and jungle. Shyvana can go top but she's not too good there.
17thWarrior
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2016 11:40am | Report
irelia got renekton this champ can easily rape me
Ghao'Gath is a pure tank i guess i never played with him
so untill now its volibear ah good then lemme buy it and hope i got his runes :D
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2016 12:06pm | Report
Ohhh, Renekton is also a good champ with little counters. You can still do stuff as Irelia vs a Renekton though. If you main a champion you're going to face hard matchups all the time, so you might as well pick a champion whose counters are playable.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide